Why did you kill the Humor and Sports forums?

odaesan

• 2 months later...
Guest knockblock

Lets talk about lack of activity. 3 months since this thread was made. How do things look now?

In seeing the changes I felt that something is inconsistent. Other parts of the forum is lacking in activity too. There's a reason for them. I'm not saying it because I don't want to be obvious.

Here is my opinion on what I suggest. I would merge cars with tech because they are more closely related. I would merge high school students and college students together. The general discussion has been a mess and is becoming even more of a mess now. Putting the humor section with it and not letting humor be on its own didn't help.

Now in regards to why people can't get interested in the threads on the forum. Do you know why? It's because many threads have gotten stale and boring. So many threads have a post coming out with "because I said so" answers or other similar type of things. That's why the forum isn't fun.

I must say that the forums are much less funny now. There's been an increase of racial threads in General Discussion and all the Humor has been pushed back a few pages.

College Students and High School students should be separate but we also need activity from people who can contribute to those sections. There are threads that were pinned because there supposedly were experts to answer questions, but no one replies and there are pages of isolated questions that will never be answered. The administrators don't even look at that. Those threads were up there for years without anyone to do anything and no one even moderates those forums. High school has much more activity because the members there help each other and they sometimes have guidance from college students.

I would have homework help subforums to allow more use of those forums and to actually make them productive.

Car people like to keep things separate, but there doesn't seem to be much of anything going there. We should have input from actual users of that forum.

Managing the forums actually can restart discussion through productivity, but almost no one seems to care.

Archived