[Movie 2013] The New World 신세계

Guest jjsweeter0211

Guest jjsweeter0211

fullsizephoto274492.jpgTitleThe New World  / 신세계/ Sinsegye
Director:  Park Hoon JungWriter :   Park Hoon JungProducer Kim Woo Taek, Park Min Jung, Han Jae Duk, Kim Hyun WooCinematographer : Chung Chung HoonRelease date : 21 February 2013Language : KoreanGenre: Action, CrimeOfficial website :  http://sinsegae2013.co.kr/?&t__nil_upper_main=homepage
Synopsis
A detective (Lee Jung-Jae) goes undercover to become the #3 highest ranked member of a crime gang. After the boss of the gang dies, the undercover detective suffers internal conflicts between the #2 highest ranked member of of the crime gang (Hwang Jung-Min), who believes in him, and a high-ranking officer from the police organization (Choi Min-Sik), who considers him as merely a pawn.
A detective infiltrates into one of the biggest gang organizations in the country and gets involved in a fight for the heir to the gang after the boss dies and in between the second in charge who trusts him with his life and the high police officials who think of him only as bait.

Casts

Choi Min Shik

photo276575.jpgphoto276945.jpgphoto257171.jpgfullsizephoto274489.jpgfullsizephoto274490.jpg
Hwang Jung Min
photo276569.jpgphoto276948.jpgphoto257172.jpgphoto257170.jpgfullsizephoto274482.jpgfullsizephoto274491.jpg
Lee Jung Jae
photo276568.jpgfullsizephoto274484.jpgfullsizephoto274483.jpgphoto257169.jpgfullsizephoto274486.jpgphoto257173.jpg
Song Ji Hyo

photo276947.jpgphoto277259.jpg

Park Seung Woong

photo276946.jpg
More picturesfullsizephoto274488.jpgfullsizephoto274485.jpgfullsizephoto274487.jpg

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-9nYyoMMpU
Other interviews

cr info to asianwiki, hancinema and other original source

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jjsweeter0211

What Does 2013 Hold for Korean Film?

Source | 2013/01/04 | 

photo271468.jpg

Korean films drew more than 100 million viewers over the past year, but there are a number of concerns if they are to sustain their momentum. Here are five of the top issues for this year that have insiders speculating about the future of the movie industry. 

◆ Can Korean Movies Break the 100 Million Mark Again?

In 2012, domestic movies set a new record by attracting 115 million moviegoers. With many much-anticipated films out this year, the question is whether the industry can repeat that milestone.

Potential blockbusters include "The New World" directed by Park Hoon-jeong-I, which revolves around a cop who goes undercover into gangland and Kang Woo-seok's "Fist of Legend", based on a webtoon.

Other releases include a Korean version of "True Lies" by Yi Seung-Jun, and Won Shin-yeon's new film about a delivery man who draws upon his experience in the North Korean special forces when he is falsely accused of the murder of a company CEO.

◆ Can Korean Directors Capture Global Audiences?

Korea's most noted directors are debuting in Hollywood. Kim Ji-woon's Hollywood debut "The Last Stand" starring Arnold Schwarzenegger will be released in North America this month. In February, "Stoker", directed by Park Chan-wook and starring Nicole Kidman, comes to cinemas around the world, and in the second half of this year, the W40 billion (US$1=W1,062) production "Snowpiercer" by Bong Joon-ho will hit screens in North America.

◆ Kim Hye-soo or Jeon Ji-hyeon?

The stars of "The Thieves", the biggest local box office hit of 2012, will compete against each other with their new films. Jeon Ji-hyeon appears in "The Berlin File" by Ryoo Seung-wan, set to be released in January. It also stars Han Seok-Kyu, Ha Jung-woo and Ryoo Seung-beomKim Hye-soo co-stars withSong Kang-ho in Han Jae-rim's period movie "The Face Reader", which will be released later this year.

Kim Yoon-seok will return to screens with "Run to the South" by Lim Soon-rye and "Hwayi" by Jang Joon-hwan, while Kim Soo-hyeon-I landed his first starring film role in Jang Cheol-soo's "Secretly and Greatly"

◆ Are Co-Productions the Way Forward?

A Korean-Chinese co-production, will hit theaters in China in the second half of this year. The movie tells the story of a girl from a circus troupe and a gorilla joining a Korean professional baseball team and growing into superstars.

The Chinese distributor covered more than 25 percent of the production costs of W22.5 billion, and the movie is expected to secure at least over 5,000 screens in China.

◆ Will Hong Sang-soo Finally Land Int'l Festival Prize?

Hong Sang-soo's feature film "Nobody's Daughter Haewon" will compete in the official competition at the Berlin Film Festival in February. Hong has entered international film festivals 242 times since he debuted with "The Day a Pig Fell Into the Well" in 1996. This is his fifth time in competition in the world's three major film festivals -- Cannes, Berlin and Venice -- but so far he has not managed to win an award.

Source : english.chosun.com/si... ( English Korean )

Guest jjsweeter0211

CHUNGMURO/FILM

Noir thriller A New World courts megastar trio

by girlfriday 

ChoiMinShik_HwangJungMin_LeeJungJae1.jpg

Choi Min-shik (OldboyHwang Jung-min (The Unjust) AND Lee Jung-jae (The Housemaid) in one movie? I always thought that if you put that many stars together, a movie would spontaneously combust. But apparently, this is the reigning trend in Chungmuro — put ‘em all together, whether lawyersthieves, or spies. The trio of A-listers are currently being courted to star in a noir thriller called A New World, about cops who go undercover in the world of gangsters.

They’re apparently in negotiations with all three actors to seal the deal, though the casting itself is considered final. I don’t know why, but I’m picturing a scenario in which they’re all thrown into separate interrogation rooms, and then told that the others have already signed, so they should too. It’s a wonder how they even got this combo of stars to the table in the first place, but once you put together their filmographies, you see why. New World is being directed by PD Park Hoon-jung, who wrote both Choi Min-shik’s I Saw the Devil and Hwang Jung-min’s The Unjust (he took home a Blue Dragon Award in 2011 for the latter’s screenplay).

They’re calling this film “a Korean Infernal Affairs,” which kind of makes me groan. The thing is, I love that original movie, and it kind of drives me crazy that everyone and their mother tries to make some other version of it. Just say it’s an undercover cop movie. They existed before Infernal Affairs. Not every movie needs to be Infernal Affairs Redux MXVVIII.

If all goes smoothly at the negotiating table, Choi Min-shik will play the world-weary cop, Hwang Jung-min the hardcore gangster, his mob’s Number Two, and Lee Jung-jae the Rat, the gangster working for the cops. Or cop-as-gangster-turned-informant; it’s unclear at this point. Basically, if these guys are in it, I’ll be watching.

A New World premieres this spring.

Via Osen

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="headline" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.21em; "Song Ji Hyo shows her 'big sister' personality in 'New World'KpopFighting.comBy Korea Star Daily | KpopFighting.com tumblr_inline_mh6jwrOJeW1ra6d9z.jpg
Upcoming South Korean film 'New World' starring Lee Jung Jae, Choi Min Shik, and Hwang Jung Min is set to hit cinemas next month, and actress Song Ji Hyo has managed to shine brightly among the male-dominated cast, and with an aura that is definitely a match for anyone.

The film talks of a undercover police officer who infiltrates the biggest crime organization in South Korea, the section head of the undercover police officer, and the number 2 man of the crime organization, and a story of the fidelity and betrayal between the 3 men. With the film revolving around the triads and police, the focus will no doubt fall on the male cast members. But despite having face up against 3 of the most charismatic seniors in the film industry, Song Ji Hyo never once showed her weakness, and used her strong aura in reprising her role as a woman police detective.

Song Ji Hyo has allowed viewers to see her easy-going charismatic personality through SBS TV variety show 'Running Man'. In her new film, Song Ji Hyo becomes a police detective who acts as a go-between, disseminating information from her superior Kang (Choi Min Shik) to the undercover police officer Ja Sung (Lee Jung Jae), before going back to her superior with the information from Ja Sung, and showing her brand new charisma.

Song Ji Hyo expressed that she actively requested to star in the film after reading over the film's script, and even headed to the film set to watch her seniors in action even though she didn't have any scheduled filming for the day, showing her enthusiasm and passion for the film. The production team revealed that despite the film set being a male-dominated one, Song Ji Hyo was able to shine brightly among them with her easy-going personality, and become 'a single red flower in the midst of thick foliage'. And with that, Song Ji Hyo is drawing high anticipation among fans in her new film.

Besides Choi Min Shik, Lee Jung Jae, Hwang Jung Min, 'New World' also stars Park Sung Woong, Song Ji Hyo, and Choi Il Hwa. The film will air in Korean cinemas from February 21st onwards.

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/song-ji-hyo-shows-her-big-sister-personality-091500658.html

Thank you for all the awesome posts! It seems like you're the only one updating this thread. Thanks! I can't describe my anticipation for this movie.. I don't care if they call this the korean version of Infernal Affairs. With such a stellar cast like this, I don't see how something could possibly go wrong. I have faith and really high expectations in Park Hoon-jung that I know he won't disappoint.

Archived