[Drama 2013] TV Novel Samsaengi TV소설 삼생이

creidesca

TV Novel Samsaengi | TV소설 삼생이

tvnovelsamsaeng.jpg
                photo (from left to right): Son Sung-yoon, Im Sung-kyu, Hong Ah-reum, Ji Il-joo

Starts 01/07/2013 9AM KBS2 | Episodes: 120 | Homepage

Synopsis (KBS World):

“TV Novel: Samsaengi” is a story about a woman who becomes a promising oriental medical doctor after going through many ups and downs in her life. It is also about innocent, yet desperate love of four different people and their different ways of love. Samsaengi illustrates simple and honest story of Seoul in the 70s through various characters.

Starring: Hong Ah-reum, Ji Il-joo, Son Sung-yoon, Im Sung-kyu

35sec preview clip for now here

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The official hp is up: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/samsaeng/index.html

Crossing fingers that this will be a better TV Novel. The writer/producer or director team has worked together several times. And they actually set the drama to be 120 episodes. Of course I read that the first 16 or so episodes will be focusing on the younger versions of the above characters.

Guest bkrommo

Thanks Creidesca, hope it will be shown in my country. It looks goods especially oriental doctor bit since in Love My Love he was a big flop.

Who is the father of the baby Samsaengi? Is it the one whom the mother gave her to? or is it her husband's?

And after he handed the baby to the oriental doctor's mother, why did it look like when wartime came it seemed he didn't know that they had kept the baby. From the looks of it that grandma and her oriental doctor son were going to abandon the baby there. If the baby hadn't cried, the man wouldn't have come in to see that the baby was there. And to think if it wasn't for the baby, their old infant daughter/granddaughter likely wouldn't have survived?

The grandma actress is likely a guest star...we might see her in the next episode, but not much more because by the end of the first episode, walking to Seoul 3 years after the war are the man and the 2 girls (the oriental doctor's daughter and Samsaengi).

OKAY. I'm kinda confused, but here are my thoughts
SamSeng is the girl that's supposed to nearly die but come back alive, so she's probably the doctor's daughter (and it ties in that i suppose she's going to have great medical skills like her father). 
The other girl that got burnt is Ki Jin (a.k.a distant relative)'s daughter and she was the daughter that he gave to the doctor family to help their 'nearly dying' daughter live. Which is really outrageous...yeah, because they listend to the mudang and said that if they find a baby that's born the same month and take care of her like their own for 1 year, then their own daughter will be fine. 
What I'm guessing is Ki Joon is going to switch the girls (since they've grown up and they'll look different) and make his daughter the doctor's daughter and take samseng in as his own. I guess for revenge maybe? because that old granny decided to forsake his daughter when the war was going on? 
About that 'burn' the girl got, only her father, that couple and the grandmother know about it. The grandmother's going to die soon so she won't be able to point it out , and the couple will probably keep quiet about it for now, but it's probably going to be important later on in the story for identification purposes.
first episode was meh. I'm just waiting for the grown-ups to appear. for now, i'll endure.... if i can.

edit: okay, the character's names also give hints as to who's who.might as well learn everyone's names now hehehe.

left to right:
-seok sam seng (doctor bong's real daughter)-bong geum ok (ki jin's daughter but prob. going to be switched...)-park dong woo-oh ji sung-seok bong chul (same last name as samseng...don't know if it's a coincidence or maybe she'll be taken care by him. he's also ko mak reh's husband)
image-ko mak reh (geum ok's mother with ki jin after a one night stand...also seok bong chul's wife)-bong mool yong (famous oriental doctor, father of 'bong' geum ok (the fake) and sam seng (the real))-sa ki jin (distant relative of the bong's...switches his daughter with the doctors)-hae joo daek-oh pil soon
-oh in soo-park kyung ja-sam seng (younger)-geum ok (younger)-dong woo (younger)
imageji sung (younger)cho shi (bong chul's mother, samseng's grandmother)chang shik (younger)

OKAY, don't take my word for some of my descriptions, but i'm preeetty sure that's how it'll play out. i've seen a lot of kdramas to guess where it's headin'

How would Samsaeng eventually come to have the last name of that woman's husband and not of the one whom the woman gave her to if it was his child? Does the woman's husband not know about this baby? How did the mother hide the baby for that long? When the mother didn't come home till late, I think the husband started searching the wardrobe to make sure she didn't steal/take away/was leaving with her things?

Don't expect the adult counterparts to appear till 2-3 weeks from now.

I have been watching this new drama and found it is interesting so far. 
I think the husband knew something about Sam Saeng. He was also upset and angry because Sam Saeng ate the ginseng that would be sold to help the family. But I think, eventually (after 8 years), he accepted Sam Saeng (in episode 4). That is why Sam Saeng got his family name. 

Archived