Have you ever been the "other woman/man" before?

Guest Victoria

Guest Victoria

Have you ever gotten in between two people's relationship whether it be unintentionally or intentionally because you liked one of them?Just curious to hear about people's situations and what was going on in your head while you were doing it. Why did you come in between and are you and that person happily together now?

Guest Dollic

I almost came in between without even realizing it.He told me he was single so I was like, "Alright, you're nice, maybe I'll chill with you."So I did until one day his girlfriend messaged me and told me the truth.I told him about it and he freaked out, and basically ran off for good. He's an idiot, of course, but I suppose I was more of an idiot for not seeing through his lies and immaturity.I still see them around from time to time, and I also found out he's cheated on her more than once with maybe 4 other girls (or more), before I was even in the picture.I don't get why she's still w/ him.She asked me about him once and I told her nothing happened between us, which was true - all we did was hang out and I was pretty mean to him, but now I regret not telling her how he kept hitting on me and richard simmons.She was really nice and pretty....too good for a piece of trash like him!! =__=;

Guest happybubble

Not sure if I've been really the other woman because my ex-bf was arranged to be in a relationship with someone by his family before we first met. He only mentioned it to me one month before his arranged marriage and about to go back to his country. He told me he tried to convince his mom but it was too late.

Not intentionally. With my last relationship, he didn't know if him and the other girl were still dating/seeing each other since she left for somewhere without contacting him for a couple weeks, so he assumed they were done. She finally responds when coming back 2-3 months later, then he tells her he's moved on (with me). =S So, beats me. They weren't "official" though.

As for my current, technically I was, but he was just SEEING the other girl. Technically, he was "free game".

Guest meiming8_1

Not intentionally. I was close to one guy for several months; texting me everyday, messaging me on FB etc. Then he tells me he likes this girl (didn't say the name but clearly it was me) and that he'd broken up with his girlfriend of almost 3 years for her. Never mentioned he had a girlfriend the entire time! Obviously nothing happened and he ended up going back to his girlfriend because he said he owed her a second chance. Although we never physically did anything, he clearly had feelings for me and was emotionally cheating. The worst part is his girlfriend suspected he liked me, and I didn't even know he had a girlfriend! Not the best boyfriend...

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

In my first relationship, I was unintentionally the other girl. We had started out as friends, but in the last month of school, we texted, fb messaged, and just in general talked a lot more, so we grew very close. I hinted at him that I liked him, asking him if he was seeing anyone and etc. He told me he was single and looking for a genuine girl. After I went over his house to watch a movie, he took my first kiss, and he became my first boyfriend. I never suspected anything of him as he would always call me, text me, and spend time with me every day. A week later, he comes to me crying, and it turns out his girlfriend was on vacation in another country during the month we grew close to each other. She had come back, and he was horrified at himself. They never declared it official, nor did anyone else really know since it was on the down-low, but I still considered him cheating on her. I regret losing my first kiss to him.   

Guest Iron_Maiden

Back in grade 9 I kind of did get in between two of my mutual friends' new relationship together via msn not because I liked one of them but because I was secretly jealous that I never got the chance to have a real life boyfriend. I didn't do anything more serious than bickered with them on messenger. 
I remember I couldn't stand the thought of them simply holding hands in front of me if we were to hang out again so I told them that online how I felt about that and they promised they wouldn't do anything like that in front of me which helped calmed me down. 
In the end I let them be but stopped hanging out with them and later on cut connection.

Guest meiming8_1

mintcracker said: ^ I'm surprised that you never asked if he was single or talked around that topic if you guys were constantly in contact for a few months? I'd try to get that out of a guy subtly right at the start, as I don't go for taken guys.

Guest xFloOwuffBB

Not sure if this counts, but I'll put the story out there anyways. Might be a bit confusing. I'll just refer to my bf as SO.

My SO and I had been mutual friends through one of my best friends who had a sort of falling out friendship with him. My best buddy call him A, and my SO used to also be good friends also. A liked me, and so my SO, randomly deciding that he wanted to help A and I get together (despite the fact I didn't like A), started talking to me. However, I had known that SO had gotten brutally dumped by his first love a few weeks ago, and so along with him trying to get A and I together, I had been helping him cope with his break up and giving him advice and an outlet for his emotions. Through these various talks over a course of 2 or 3 months my SO and I became very very good friends. However, A and SO had both neglected to tell me that my SO was (at the time) going through a flirtsy phase with many other girls as he had been trying to get over his ex (he told me a year into our relationship [through my questioning] that he had no intentions of flirting with me as well, only wanted to help A and I). One of these girls he had been trying to rebound with was a good friend of his (as well as A's). Apparently this girl also liked SO, and they were very, very, very, close to getting into a relationship. However, in the end, SO decided he liked me better (<_<;), and I of course liked him back. So we got into a relationship, but he told me to keep it a secret. Not understanding why, I told A (my best friend) that I had been very excited as SO and I had gotten together. A then told the other girl, and SO and the other girl had a complete argument as to where she hates his guts and has completely shut him out from her life. SO had kept our relationship a secret from the other girl for awhile as he was looking for the right moment to break it to her that he was not single (however I'm not sure how this would have come about if they kept on "talking").
All in all, I was very close to becoming the "other girl" if they had gotten together. To be quite frank I would be that upset too if I was in that situation.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest I_play_with_dolls

I never have tried to get in between but two people have tried to get into mine with one of my relationships. I was dating this guy who I met through his cousin I was close friends with. Eventually I pretty much met most of his family, including cousins. One of his cousins is a total richard simmons and deliberately tried to flirt with me just because he wanted to mess with his cousin's relationship. The second time there was this girl in my ex's class, since he was a year older than me I wasn't really aware of who he hung out with during school so I was extremely upset when I found out he was flirting with a girl who knew he was already in a relationship. One day the girl even had the audacity to write on MySpace about how she didn't mean to fall in love with him and blah blah blah. Eventually my bf broke up with me to date her. I'm actually pretty glad we broke up though because karma totally bit them in the richard simmons, a year later he had to move to Canada where no one liked him, he got hit by a bus, and his girlfriend cheated on him multiple times with his COUSINS. I heard they had a shitty relationship and that's what happens when you've been a shitty person to someone else.

But do you remember that night...that you called me? It was after we drank ourselves silly on Skype. You said that we should be together. That you should be mine and I should be yours, despite the distance. Because of everything we mean to each other...and everything came back. How much I missed having breakfast with you every two days in undergrad. How much I missed having you kick my richard simmons at pool (except when it matters). How much I missed walking in the park with you. How much I missed having your hand tangled in mine. At that moment, I seriously considered walking away from Jason for you, despite the months and months I put into trying to piece together the relationship I had with Jason. But the night ended and my ideas became another product of our countless pillow talks. At least I thought so. I had endless dreams about you and me - what we could be 20-30 years down the road. It was always when we were married. And it was always you sitting at the table for breakfast with a newspaper and a glass of orange juice. And it was always me who came by to kiss you good morning. Nevertheless, I couldn't walk away from Jason (I still cared about him after all) for just an idea of you...I knew how you felt about long-distance and I was sure that I wouldn't be able to do it either. But Christmas came around and I cut your hair and held your hands. And had you hold me in your arms and kiss me...that kiss. That kiss...which...I can't even describe how it made me feel...but at the same time, I knew I couldn't do it again. I was still with Jason and I refuse to let myself become that type of person. And despite how much I missed you over the year and how badly - how desperately - I wanted to see you over Christmas, I couldn't and nonchalantly avoided you. I knew I couldn't...because if I did, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from kissing you again. And again and again.

I know I may have made the wrong choice and I may forever regret it, but I just wanted you to know that it was never a question of was it Jason or you.

Guest joyfulbunny

yes i did! at first i want to do it for the thrill, until i fell inlove and theres nothing in can do, she will still ick the first one, seemingly, i was just for fun too for him :(

Archived