Winter Scalp!

Guest Yishi_x

Guest Yishi_x

When the winter comes round, dry/flaky scalp becomes a major issue for me - could be dandruff, never had it verified but if it's worth throwing out there, Head and Shoulders doesn't do anything... :(
I apply argan oil or coconut oil to parts of the scalp that I can see when looking in the mirror, which does help. A friend recommended Eucerin's shampoo but haven't used it for long enough to notice any improvements yet.

Anyone got any tips, home remedies, or product recommendations on how to beat this?

Guest xFloOwuffBB

More often than not it's just dry scalp.. I suffer from dry scalp and I spent most of my life believing I had dandruff and was wondering why Head & Shoulders never did much.
If it is dry scalp then really it's just dry skin that comes off, like on any part of your body.
First try a clarifying shampoo to get rid of excess gunk that's stayed on your scalp.
Also, don't take showers of too hot a temperature (which is something we tend to do in the winter time since it feels great).
Personally, shampoos that say they're made for dry scalp have helped me a little more than dandruff shampoos have, but if you pay attention to ingredients in dandruff and dry scalp shampoos you would see that there's not much difference..
People have recommended you use oatmeal (I forgot how, however) to help rid of your flakes.
If you google this type of thing or YouTube it I'm sure you will be given a ton of home remedies and ways to cope :)

Good luck! It's not a fun thing to have >.<

Archived