How Long is Your Hair?

Guest xFloOwuffBB

Guest xFloOwuffBB

Using a tape measure, from my hairline back down to the longest layer of my hair, I measured 30 inches. Give or take an inch or so for human error :P

How long (or short) is your hair?

Pictures are definitely welcome!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yellow.girl

28 inches. I know i need a hair cut D: but i love my long hair! I havent cut my hair for 2 years but i trim the ends..:S

Guest xFloOwuffBB

@yellow.girl I love long hair too! XD I refuse to walk into a salon to get a new haircut since I can just easily trim my hair myself c: I've been growing out my hair for around a year and a half. I know how you feel

Guest fashionista.

Mine's 29 inches. I resent having to tie it when it's hot because it dismantles my hair, but I don't want to resort to cutting it either lol.. I take pride on how my hair flows across my face whenever I move. haha.. just like in the movies.. :P

Guest Hello! Project

Cut it to neck length (8-9 inches??) because I was stupid enough to bleach my hair three times to get the flaming orange out, but atleast it's sparkling purple. Yay.

Guest lychee_poo

No idea how long my hair is in inches but it's like boob length at the longest layer, almost stomach length, I want to cut off at least 3 inches though

Guest DELETETHISACCOUNT

Approximately 25 inches or so. I recently cut about 3-4 inches from having the ends colored.
After I saw pictures of Zhang Xin Yuan, I've decided to leave my hair black and grow it as long as hers, lol. She's absolutely stunning! She reminds me of the folk art of Chinese princesses/women.

Guest melioda

I've been trying to grow my hair long too! My longest layers are 28 inches right now. It's sad though, I've been trying to grow it out for YEARS. I always ended up getting a lot of length cut off because my hair dresser said my hair was so damaged that it didn't look good long---but those were the days when I straightened my hair a lot and also dyed it. :P I had to start all over again last year after getting all the nasty ends chopped off, and I've been trying to keep it as healthy as possible ever since. My straightener is the devil now...
For those of you growing your hair long, do you have problems with dry ends? Even though I don't straighten anymore, my ends get kind of brittle after a while. It's certainly not as bad as it used to be though.

Guest leeminni

@melioda Same here! i would like to grow my hair long but mine only grows to a certain length and stops >.> my hair is so damaged that im planning on cutting off most my hair. I have soooo many split ends from using my straightener and dying it multiple times. i feel like the only option is to cut it. T^TSometimes i don't straighten my hair for awhile but its still so bad ):

Guest xFloOwuffBB

@melioda Well as the longest hairs are farther away from the scalp, where natural oils are excreted, even without dye and heat you are bound to have dry ends. I never use a flat iron or curling iron and I certainly don't have dyed hair and I face brittle ends too. I hate it so much because of breakage!

@Jemini She's gorgeous! :o Her hair looks so wispy. Jealous.

28 inches is my longest layer. I recently trimmed my hair about 1~2 inches because of how rough the ends were.. blah. Thinned my hair too and found less tangles. I've been growing my hair for like 3-ish years to get it this long!!

@melioda and anyone else having dry ends/frizzy ends/tangling problems, I just bought the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Anti-Frizz Serum for like $5 at Walmart. It's been pretty good to my hair! I have the same problem: rough/dry ends and it becomes frizzy and tangled because of the damage!!  I also do not straighten/curl my hair anymore except for special occasions.
220.jpg
This softens my hair and detangles it pretty freaking well! No tangles = less damage in hair since tangles causes damage and vice versa! Wooo.

@Jemini: that girl... is so beautiful in an exotic way! Oh my goodness her hair... <3

Guest hearthealer

My hair was about an inch past my boobs, thn i (rather my hairdresser) chopped it off and now it's slightly shorter than shoulder length :3

Archived