[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

Jang Ok Jung/ 장옥정, 사랑에 살다
bg02.jpg

bg01.jpg

English title: Jang Ok Jung
Korean Title: 장옥정, 사랑에 살다
Producer: Boo Sung Chul (My Girlfriend is a Gumiho)
Scriptwriter: Choi Jung Mi
Genre: Historical Drama
Network: SBS
Air Time: Monday & Tuesday @ 8:55 pm KST
Episodes: 24
Filming Date: February 5, 2013
Release Date (Broadcast): April 8, 2013
Replaced: Queen of Ambition
Press Conference: --
Official Site: - http://jangokjeong.sbs.co.kr
Teaser Trailer: -

-, -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3spK4dv9rVk-
Petition for Director's Cut version of JOJ (added July 2, 2013)
International Fan Made Trailer with English subs (added July 18, 2013)

36zjj.gif

Synopsis

Drama series follows the turbulent life of Jang Ok-Jung, who is also known as Lady Jang Hui-Bin one of the most famous royal concubines in the Joseon Dynasty. She began her career as a court lady who stitched clothing as a fashion designer of her time.

kimtaehee.jpeg

20130222_1361511281_62889300_1.jpg

Cast & Characters

Kim Tae Hee
as Jang Ok Jung
9gxauh.jpg

Yoo Ah In as King Sookjong
ml2sdt.jpg

Hong Soo Hyun as Queen Inhyun
bjdbap.jpg

Jae Hee as Hyun Chi-Soo
qqwkty.jpg

Lee Sang Yeob as Prince Dongpyung
21jr6og.jpg

Hang Seung Yeon as Sookbin Choi
29o1jbo.jpg

Other characters:
Kim Ha Eun as Queen Inkyung
Kim Seo Ra as Jang Hyeong
Chae Sang Woo as King Sookjoong (teen)
Kim Min Ah as Jang Ok Jung (teen), etc.
177l9g.jpg
2po381l.jpg
11r6rya.jpg
2ev3qle.jpg
2dhz6lg.jpg

kdrama-forum_400x60.png

Please Read & Follow: Soompi Forum Rules 01. Do not post request for subs. Do not request for videos either. Just download from what other Soompiers provided you. 02. Do not post requests for any BT seedings of any videos links as Soompi is not responsible for any of them 03. Do not request of translations of any kind, as translations are done by our fellow Soompiers' free will. Use the online google translator if you want to read the basic translations of any news in Korean. Anyone who posts these kind of requests, spam or break any of Soompi forum rules will be reported to the mods immediately without any warning given. 04. Do not take any download links from AJA-AJA and paste them out to Soompi or another site. Go directly to the aja-aja site if you want to download anything from there. 05. Don't post any requests for subs! 06. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 07. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread . 08.The editing function of the forum has already been fixed so you can edit your posts instead of repeating postings. 09. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods. 10. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viikii, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. 11. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 12. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. Please do not quote images and videos. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. (Rules credit to moderators)

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; text-align: left; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; line-height: normal; color: rgb(54, 57, 69); letter-spacing: -1px;"
class="content-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; visibility: visible;"Kim Tae Hee to return in new series for the first time in two years

October 08, 2012

2012.10.08_kimtaehee.jpg

On October 8, production company Story TV stated: “Actress Kim Tae Hee has been cast for [the title] role in drama “Jang Ok Jeong” (working title) which is scheduled to be broadcast next year in March.”

Kim Tae Hee has been cast in the role of Jang Hui Bin, also known as Jang Ok Jeong, who was a famous royal concubine of the Joseon Dynasty known both for her beauty and scheming.  Jang Hui Bin was born Jang Ok Jeong and became a lady-in-waiting to King In Jo’s second queen.  But after King Suk Jong saw her, he decided to make his concubine.  Jang Hui Bin gave birth to a son who was the future King Gyeong Jeong and was elevated to the status of third Queen Consort.  But she would later be sentenced to death by poisoning.

In the drama, the production company explained that the drama would show an imaginative and interesting take on Jang Hui Bin (Jang Ok Jeong) and focus on her role as a fashion designer and make-up producer.           

The production company representative producer further stated: “Thank you to all the many actresses who were interested in the role.  But, we are extremely happy that the right actress who was, from the beginning planning stage, the production company, director, and writer’s first choice as a primary candidate is able to do the role.  For as much preparation, for over one year, we put into the drama, we will also put an equal effort into the making of the drama to make it awesome and interesting while also being touching.”

Below are photographs from Kim Tae Hee’s drama “My Princess.”

kimtaehee.jpg

kimtaehee2.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2012/10/08/kim-tae-hee-cast-for-her-first-sageuk-drama-jang-ok-jeong/

Kim Tae Hee Gets Sexier, ‘Lovely Shoulder Line’

Xm83UM29.jpg

Kim Tae Hee Gets Sexier, 'Lovely Shoulder Line'

Actress Kim Tae Hee shows off her innocent yet sexy image.

Recently, Kim Tae Hee’s photo shoot pictures have been revealed online.

Her photo shoot from September showed off her sexy shoulder line as she posed for the camera. Her elegant hairstyle gives off a twist to her sexy charm.

This photo shoot was shot with her cousin and has gained much attention.

Kim Tae Hee has been confirmed for her role in the new SBS drama, “Jang Ok Jeong.” 

http://www.ohkpop.com/72275/kim-tae-hee-gets-sexier-lovely-shoulder-line

class="entry-title" style="text-align: center;margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px;"Kim Tae Hee cast in her first historical drama, ‘Jang Ok Jung, Live for Love’

20121008_kimtaehee.jpg

On October 8th, the producers of SBS‘s upcoming historical drama, ‘Jang Ok Jung, Live for Love‘, have confirmed that actress Kim Tae Hee has been cast as the lead role of ‘Jang Hee Bin‘.

The story of Jang Hee Bin has been remade into countless movies and dramas over the years, all played by only the top stars of the industry. This drama makes Kim Tae Hee the ninth version of the character.

Producers stated, “‘Jang Ok Jung, Live for Love’ has reinterpreted Jang Hee Bin with a focus on her role as the lady-in-waiting to Queen Dowager Jangnyeol. In modern times, we would compare her role to that of a fashion designer. As Jang Hee Bin is already a character well known to the public through countless interpretations in different movies and dramas, we decided to look at her from a different angle. There will be a fresh change to the story.”

Other characters like ‘Sukjong’ and ‘Queen Inhyun’ will be given the same change in interpretation. Casting is still ongoing for the two characters.

Since her experience with the movie ‘The Restless‘, this is actually Kim Tae Hee’s first attempt at a historical drama. Fans will be happy to see her return to the smallscreen for the first time in two years since her 2011 drama, ‘My Princess‘.

The historical drama is slated to begin airing next March.

Source & Image: Newsen via Nate

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/10/kim-tae-hee-cast-in-her-first-historical-drama-jang-ok-jung-live-for-love

Anneyeong @jerebtang!!!! Love Kim Tae hee to death, not that great in acting but love her just the same... I'm not sure I would want to see this but it's too early to tell and I'd be waiting for more info on the drama... thanks for this one... I'll be on the look out for this one

lhynne said: Anneyeong @jerebtang!!!! Love Kim Tae hee to death, not that great in acting but love her just the same... I'm not sure I would want to see this but it's too early to tell and I'd be waiting for more info on the drama... thanks for this one... I'll be on the look out for this one

Although I don't understand the premise of Jang Ok Jung being a fashion designer in the Joseon era, the drama does sound quite interesting. I hope Kim Tae Hee will deliver a great performance!

Guest xtaeheex

Yay!! I haven't seen Tae Hee for 2 years on screen!!Its her first time doing something historical..i'm sure she wont let us down!
@jerbtang Thanks for making this thread.. :D 
Fighting! 

Guest frannyfel

I have every confidence in Kim Tae Hee she will be awesome..and i cant wait!!!! i miss her so much so tae hee do your best hun you will feel your fans cheering for you wooo!!!
@jerebtang- Thank you so much for making this thread >:D<

Guest xtaeheex

She going to play a evil queen, married, mother, fashion designer role?...mmm It's going to be very interesting
That news saying, Tae Hee will start filming drama, early next year in January 2013 and aired in March 2013..

SBS即将制作的大型历史剧《张玉珍,在爱中过活》近日宣布女主角落定了美女演员金泰熙,这除了是她时隔1年的电视回归作外,也是韩国电影电视作品上第九位饰演历史人物“张禧嫔”,每次能演绎这个角色的都是当代的美人代表,因此金泰熙能出演让观众们拍手叫好。
SBS新剧《张玉珍,在爱中过活》剧组8日下午对外公布了女主角已经落实为自然美女金泰熙,大家都很期待她版本的“张禧嫔”,据悉在韩国电影电视作品上能演绎“张禧嫔”这号人物的必定是当代的顶尖女演员。回顾从1961年开始出演过这个人物的演员包括金芝美、尹汝贞、全仁华、金惠秀等等,而在最近的一次作品中出现的是2010年历史剧《同伊》里由李素妍出演。
剧组相关人员说到:“金泰熙这次出演的《张玉珍,在爱中过活》主要是重新分析她的性格特点,重点描写关于她在朝鲜时代对化妆品技术和设计上的贡献,观众也会通过该作品看到金泰熙亲自制作化妆品的过程。”目前剧集已经确定下年1月投入拍摄,在3月份播出,而谁能出演男主角和金泰熙对戏,也成为了近期的热门猜测话题。

cr. KTH baidu

Guest xtaeheex

Kim Tae-hee the 9th Jang Hee-bin

2012/10/09

20101221_taehee_1.jpg

Kim Tae-hee the 9th Jang Hee-bin.

Actress Kim Tae-hee is attempting at a historical as Jang Hee-bin.

SBS revealed that Kim has been cast in the new upcoming drama "Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love".

Kim Tae-hee will take on the role of a Chosun designer which is a redefinition of Jang Hee-bin.

Kim Tae-hee has been in the historical movie "The Restless" but this is her first time in a historical drama.

Netizen's say, "Will she look good in a Hanbok?", "I can't wait, she's the best visual so far out of all Jang Hee-bin's" and more.

Meanwhile, so far Kim Ji-min-I, Yon Yeo-jeong, Lee Mi-sookJeon In-hwa and others have all been Jang Hee-bin before.

Source : dkbnews.donga.com/3/a... ( English )

cr. hancinema  

Guest livon123

I can't wait to see this, although historically her character seem to be an evil one. But from another perspective she is just a girl trying to survive in the palace, I think she really love the king also. The king also loved her otherwise he wouldn't have waited for her and took her back. I am interested in seeing the fashion part of this too.  

Guest lexus123

Hello everyone,

I know that KTH can do this drama with flying colors. I've watched a lot kdramas and I found her acting awesome compaired to some actresses whose acting were not even half of KTH. That it bore me to death that just made me stop watching. KTH acting is not OA [over] and not lacking as well. In STH, LSIH, IRIS, and MP, she was very natural. I just don't understand why her acting is always in question. I can't avoid thingking that maybe because they can't find any other flaws with her, and/or  we just have our own prefernece/s that makes us very subjective with how we see the world, which is understandable. So GOODLUCK KTH... we fully support you.

Guest xtaeheex

Kim Tae-hee tackles sageuk as famous villain

kimtaehee_151.jpg

Kim Tae-hee has her next drama lined up, and she’s getting ambitious: It’s a sageuk for SBS, and it’s all about the life of a famous (notorious, rather) femme fatale in history who has been oft-portrayed in dramas before. The title is Jang Ok-jung, Living By Love, where Jang Ok-jung is the given name of the woman who would become concubine Jangheebin.

That name may sound familiar; she was the villain of Dong Yi (played by Lee So-yeon) andQueen In-hyun’s Man, among other projects, as the woman behind the deposition of Sukjong’s wife Queen In-hyun, allowing her to ascend to the throne. She was herself demoted when the former queen was restored to her position and is popularly believed to have then poisoned In-hyun. She was reportedly found by the king to be plotting more crimes, and executed via poison.

Since Jang heebin is the protagonist of this drama, the story will be a “reinterpretation” of the character with “a modern sensibility.” So while this is a sageuk production in the strict sense of the word, I’m thinking it’ll be a far cry from a conventional historical drama. This Jang Ok-jung character starts out in the palace as a court lady, becomes a “Joseon fashion designer,” and also makes cosmetics. So… less killing, more prettifying?

I’m all for well-known stories being reimagined, so as far as the plot goes I’m all onboard. I do worry a bit for Kim Tae-hee, who hasn’t done sageuk before, unless this can somehow channel the light-hearted frivolity of her My Princess character; she was so charming as feisty, bubbly Seol. That may be the ideal way to set this project apart (some of the actresses to have played the role include Kim Jimi, Yoon Yeo-jung, Lee Mi-sook, Jeon In-hwa, and Kim Hye-soo), and the production reports that the other characters of Sukjong and In-hyun will also be reimagined.

Still, Jang heebin is so famously… evil… that I wonder at how they can turn her into a proper heroine. ‘Cause at some point, you’ve got to explore the whole queen-deposition-and-poisoning bit, yeah?

In any case, color me intrigued. Jang Ok-jung is being planned as a 24-episode drama and will air in March 2013.

Via TV Report

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/10/kim-tae-hee-tackles-sageuk-as-famous-villain/

Archived