Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I...Hate ...P.E!

hyun18hyun18 Posts: 10Member
edited October 2012 in school zone
Erm. I'm a senior and I have yet to have P.E.
I will next year (term) ....
But am I the only one who hates p.e?
I suck at sports and I hate sweating in the sun...
Also, I don't think it'll help with my health at all.
It's a waste of class space.

My recent FB status :
"Why is p.e even mandatory? It wont help people stay in shape in such a short amount of time nor stop fatties like me from munching on processed junk foods . 
Waste of my time. Rage mode."

Is it mandatory in your school?
What do you think of P,E classes?

Replies

• zer0mgzer0mg Sunnyside, Up EggPosts: 495Member

IDOL

My high school required us to take one year of either ROTC or Wellness/P.E., but because I was in a college preparatory program, there was no room for either class in my schedule. Instead, I had to do independent study. One semester was spent taking an online course to learn about the human body (muscles, digestive system, diet, exercise, etc.) and the other semester was spent recording 80 hours of physical activity on a piece of paper, which had to be signed by an adult witness.

I'm not an athletic person, so I'm glad I didn't have to take P.E. for real. (From what I've seen, actual P.E. students had to run around the school a lot.) To me, the point isn't about getting or staying in shape but knowing what can affect our health. At the same time though, I think it depends a lot on your particular school's curriculum.
  • achuachu A. Posts: 732Member

IDOL

PE in my province is mandatory up until grade 10.
    i used to be like you and i didn't really like PE. i sucked at sports too.
    but just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it doesnt benefit you.

you say that it won't help people stay in shape in a short amount of time, which is true. but that isn't the objective of PE. its objective is to PROMOTE healthy exercise, not to help you lose fat. PE also has nothing to do with nutrition, so your eating habits are completely irrelevant to this class.

and i think a few hours of PE exercise (which is not very strenuous) is better than 0 hours of exercise. i'm pretty sure it'll help with your health.
  • MannosukeMannosuke Posts: 12,625Member

SUPERSTAR

It's not like you'll fail if you can't run around cause you're unfit.
  • nikkiex33nikkiex33 Posts: 1,077Member

IDOL

Lol, just relax!
    I'm not sure how strenuous your P.E. is, but it`s honestly not that bad. o.o

Like, you haven`t even had P.E. yet and you're stressing and complaining about it already?! 
    Unless it counts into your GPA or something, you don't have to full out participate in it. Besides athletic people, hardly anyone ever tries in gym. It's a good break from being in academic classes. 

Gym is mandatory in my school for 3/4 of every school year, and it's alright. /: It's just really boring and stupid cuz I'm not really athletic so I just kinda stand around when we have to do sports lol. The only thing I hate is the fitness testing every marking period where we have to run a half mile, do sit ups, push ups, and a jump test. The half mile is the worst cuz I don't run at all. ><
  • EverydayImKpoppingEverydayImKpopping Posts: 159Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm not a big fan of PE either but it's mandatory at my school (sort of).

• nobody knowsnobody knows what I think outof thisworldPosts: 13,062Member

IDOL

LOL WHAT THE HECK??

I had to take PE all four years of my high school life .. but i loved it ~
    I don't know, I'm not incredibly fit (well, I guess I kind of was in junior/senior year .. but I'm not athletic. I did track because I can't catch or throw a ball for my life), but I'd much rather run around and have fun than sit at a desk all day. and I got to play with my friends in class and got an A for it

this'll make me sound so old, but wow kids these days are just so freaking lazy that they're unwilling to run around for 45 min a day?
    YES I'M JUDGING YOU HARDCORE
  • liuliuluv68liuliuluv68 Posts: 8Member
    yea it is 
    but without it i know i'll be fat cuz gym is the only time of the day i actually don't sit on my butt LOL
  • ZOMGITzHibariZOMGITzHibari San JosePosts: 402Member

ROOKIE

PE is mandatory for our school for AT LEAST two years. In California, we take the PE fitness test and in freshman year, if you don't pass, you take it again sophomore year. I heard that if you failed it sophomore year you either 1) take it again junior year and hope you pass or 2) you're required to take PE for all four years of your high school life. At least for my school it's like that. Not sure about other schools in the state or outside the state. I wasn't a big fan of it either when I took it so I'm glad I got it over with since I'm a junior now :D
    TUMBLR
    REQUESTS
    Buyerlist: 1 2
  • imsomessedupimsomessedup POOTIS Posts: 624Member

IDOL

i think you should stop listening to 2ne1
  • green papayagreen papaya usaPosts: 1,620Member

IDOL

I always hated PE , I dont like being forced to do exercise it's almost feels like punishment

it's like army boot camp training when they tell you how many push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, etc, etc to do on command

I dont mind doing exercises at home on my own time but hate doing it with a group, then you get all sweaty and I refuse to shower in public showers so I have be all dirty & sweaty

• jaebumjaebum Posts: 83Member
    i think you should stop listening to 2ne1

That was a great idea.
  • douxleurreedouxleurree U.SPosts: 26Member
    P.E was always annoying for me but here we only need 1 yeat of P.E to graduate and I took it freshman year...

Yea...I don't think it helps ur health at all O.O
  • Tea AnemoneTea Anemone Posts: 43Member

ROOKIE

I hated PE while I had it but now I miss it. I can't remember the last time I had a good run, but now I have no time :/
    toomanyanemones.tumblr.com
  • Kim Hee EunKim Hee Eun Beside Lee Sung Yeol :)Posts: 9Member

LOL WHAT THE HECK??

I had to take PE all four years of my high school life .. but i loved it ~
    I don't know, I'm not incredibly fit (well, I guess I kind of was in junior/senior year .. but I'm not athletic. I did track because I can't catch or throw a ball for my life), but I'd much rather run around and have fun than sit at a desk all day. and I got to play with my friends in class and got an A for it

this'll make me sound so old, but wow kids these days are just so freaking lazy that they're unwilling to run around for 45 min a day?
    YES I'M JUDGING YOU HARDCORE
    I agree, kids nowadays (likeme hehe) are lazyyy
    PE is a must in our school and we take the fitness test thingy but the pass / fail concept is not a big deal. It's okay if you can't do the activity or exercise.
  • RubyRuby New Zealand!Posts: 6Member
    omg! At my school it is compulsory/mandatory in year 9 and 10 (first and second year) then in year 11, 12 13 it breaks up into lot's of subjects so it's no longer necessary. Thank goodness i'm in year 11 now.. I HATED P.E too!! LOLOL. I was HORRIBLE at sports. and I mean half the time I just stand there wondering what i'm suppose to be doing in the first place. Espicially that time our P.E teacher made us play rugby!! He didn't even explain how to play and it was so confusing. He'd just start yelling at us to run. But not even telling us which direction >_< it was really embarassing too. OTL Plus the P.E uniform at my school is hideous. So dang ugly. 
  • aaallleeeaaallleee Posts: 98Member
    Here P.E is mandatory... and it counts to your GPA
    I usually skip it , i'm really lazy when it comes to changing into a gym suit . I'm lucky enough that i am quite good when taking the tests and i get good marks . but i do strongly believe it's a waste of time . And not anyone can do certain tasks . We have a lot of tests that aren't meant for everybody and some are quite dangerous . 
    tumblr_lzbuypaqpt1r9e0w9o1_500-1.jpg
  • mathmath Posts: 40Member
    Gym is pointless to me. All the teachers do is babysit.