[Drama 2012/13] Cheer Up, Mr. Kim! 힘내요 미스터 김! KBSW re-broadcast starting April 7th, 2015

hkana

01%201%20smaller_zpsts33b3pi.jpg

Cheer Up, Mr. Kim! / 힘내요, 미스터 김! Himnaeyo, Miseuteo Kim! )
Also Known As: Way to Go, Mr. Kim!, Have Strength, Mr. Kim! 加油!金先生

GenreFamily, romance, comedyEpisode: 124Broadcast Network: KBS1Broadcast Period: November 5th, 2012 - May 26th, 2013  /  KBSW Dec 12, 2012 - June 2013Air Time: Monday-FridayDirector: Hong Suk GooWriter: Jo Jung Joo ReplacedI'll Give You The Star and The Moon

Official WebsiteKBS / KBSA / KBSW Japan / 

OST : 

by Kim Dong Wan  feat. Seo Ji Hee, Yeon Joon Suk, Oh Jae Moo, No Jung Ui  /  Only Love instrumental  -      BUY on iTunes

Watch English subbed :  

Raw :  CUMK KBS Drama   (not available in US)
soo2_zpsbrnno0g4.gif
Ratings :  CUMK Korea wiki
Teasers/Trailers : 1st  / 

/  

/

/

/  6/  

/

/  

Press Conference : 

/ 

/ 

/ 

/

/  

/  

Songs used for trailers : 

by Epitone Project   /   

by Feist
Videos : 2012 KBS Drama Awards, 

Male Actors Award / Y-STAR 

with Yun Joonsuk
Posters : 1 / 2 / 3    Pictures :  1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 /  6   
Event : 1 / 2 / 3 
Blog with dialogues in Korean & screencaps :  centaro71
taepyunghome_zpsbwumrhx5.jpg
Japan airing :
Official CUMK Japan
1st  : 2013 /  websiteKBSW Japan
2nd  : 140625 ~      /  websiteBS Asahi TV

3rd : 151209 - KBSJAPAN

Japan DVD spot
DVD :  KBS America /  Japan DVD Box  /  YESASIA  / Amazon jp
1426481579703_143_zpsduja0pad.jpg

Synopsis"Cheer Up, Mr. Kim" follows the life of family man Kim Tae-Pyung (Kim Dong-Wan). He supports 4 children, all with different family names, by working as a housekeeper. Asianwiki

Castsoo5%2050pct_zps76leld6k.jpg

Kim Dong Wan as Kim Tae Pyung / Age 32 / Special note : Three dependent children
soo6%2050pct_zpsv2hwyxcp.jpg

Wang Ji Hye as Lee Woo Kyung / Age : 28 / Special note : Hot-blooded P.E. teacher
soo7%2050pct_zpsrobdk2iz.jpg

Choi Jung Yoon as Chun Ji Young / Age : 34 / Special note : Divorcee, Taepyung's next-door neighbor

soo8%2050pct_zpslkkcbcd7.jpg
Yang Jin Woo as Baek Gun Wook / Age : 28 / Special note :  A truly chic-man of this age
soo9_zpsbpmj5pne.jpg
69gux2_zpstjqzb1em.jpg
soo12_zpsidlbsbec.jpg
Additional Cast Members :  asian wikiJung Seung-Kyo - Gun-Wook's staff
Yoo Hyung-Gwan - teacherLee Ju-Seok - Joo-Sung's fatherKim Seon-Hwa - store ownerYoo Yeon-Ji - Jang Hye-Ryeong

Relation chart :
soo13_zpsy7ijiuwd.jpg
cr. CUMK Japan + BS Asahi TV

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay a thread for Cheer Up, Mr. Kim!  Thanks for making a thread, bookmarked it already.
I will see Dongwan on tv, so happy.  Never watch Moon and Stars for You because the time conflict with my schedule but I hope I can make some time for this. 
This is a daily drama, DW will be very busy...  
Didn't Wang Ji Hye usually play the antagonist role? but she's funny in Protect the Boss.

Guest xopo17

Kim Dong Wan & Wang Ji Hye << seems a good combination. looking forward to it. and i bet this drama will be up to 50 or 70 episode since this is daily drama. and yeah its on KBS, i could able to watch this drama in KBS global station. :D

Guest ohayyo

whoohooo,dong wan ahjussi ... :D it's been  a lot while hihii ... aaaa~~ so it's daily drama on KBS ...
well i guess i'd better watch it on KBS world then :D ..

@endeavor @Hannahmiriam : Ooo I see! I haven't watched Bachelor's Vegetable Store so I didn't know that, thanks for info :)  
The guardian of four children --- omg it can be cute but also can be a disaster for Kim Taepyung !  ;))
I'll be watching on KBSWorld too, so it will be later but I can't wait. The anticipation is killing me, I'll be visiting this thread for updates. Hopefully the viewers will love this drama :)

^i dunno much about other catsbut i should be studying them a lil before the drama startit will be easier
anyway i was thinking is there any chance for any shinhwa members making a cameo in the dramahm...that could be that posibility such they all are very supportive to each otherkekeke

class="entry-title" style="vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; margin: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "@chubby^green^ : that would be awesome :)
I hope the story line is good because daily dramas sometimes were dragged too long.  
--------------
class="entry-title" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; margin: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "[12.10.09] Kim Dongwan becomes a ‘bachelor mom’ on ‘Cheer Up Mister Kim’

Not to mention having kids, the flower bachelor in his early thirties is nowhere close to marriage, yet he has 4 kids who stick to him like gum. This atypical family is the centre of the upcoming KBS1 drama ‘Cheer Up Mister Kim’, which has just started principal filming, and Kim Dongwan has generated interest for his transformation into a ‘bachelor mom’ for the titular character.

KBS released photos from the first outdoor filming session of the upcoming daily drama on 9th October, and in the photos Kim Dongwan was all smiles as he tackled the role of ‘Mister Kim’ Kim Tae-pyeong – the passionate and chatty bachelor mom-cum-housekeeper extraordinaire.

The first filming session, which took place last weekend at Seongbuk-dong, featured protagonist Tae-pyeong with his two adopted daughters Hee-rae (played by Seo Ji-hee) and Song-ah (played by Noh Jung-ui).

Child actress Seo Ji-hee, who was the envy of many for playing Hyun Bin’s niece in ‘My Name Is Kim Sam Soon’, made an impression in last year’s “Moon That Embraces The Sun” and now takes on the role of Tae-pyeong’s niece whose family has just broken up.

201210091119776119_50738a84bf1fa.jpg?w=8

Kim Dongwan clearly enjoyed interacting with his two cute onscreen daughters – maybe even more so than with any other actress – and kept smiling throughout the shoot. Thirty-something bachelor Kim Dongwan had the expression of a father, more so than an uncle, and to the producers, he has already made the grade for his successful transformation into the titular ‘Mister Kim’.

‘Cheer Up Mister Kim’ also stars ‘Protect The Boss’ and ‘Friends’ actress Wang Ji-hye in the role of physical education teacher Woo-kyung; veteran actress Kim Hye-seon in the role of Tae-pyung’s heartless birth mother Hong Hae-sook; and veteran actor Lee Jung-gil who plays her husband. Veteran actor Baek Il-seob plays the role of Jeon Kyung-sul, retired social worker and mentor to Tae-pyung. Rounding out the supporting cast are Choi Il-hwa, Sa Mi-ja and Jung Jae-soon.

Meanwhle, helming the production of ‘Cheer Up Mister Kim’ is director Hong Seok-gu, whose previous projects include ‘Mary Stayed Out All Night’, drama special ‘Red Candy’ and ‘Hometown Legends’, with scriptwriter Jo Jeong-joo who has penned ‘The Princess’ Man’. The first episode airs on 5th November.

Credits: Osen + Absolut Shinhwa

Source : http://absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/12-10-09-kim-dongwan-becomes-a-bachelor-mom-on-cheer-up-mister-kim/

^oh wannie looks so handsomeu will be a great dad
yeah daily drama tend tp dragbut at least each ep is not that longactually it's quite short around 40-45 mins onlyso i'm good with that
just as long as they have a good mixture of fun and sadnessi dont like sad drama but i know its a must
i am waiting for some teasing to be happening among shinhwa members once this drama is airedfor sure we will hearing about taepyung in shinbang at leastkekeke

Haha yes I think we can counting on that, just like when they did with Yeongasi! Maybe they can do parody with the rest of the members acting as the children heheh
When I read 'children' in the synopsis, I thought of the 4,5 year old children like in ShinBang :P

Dongwan mentioned the drama a bit in the interview for his fans meeting : 

@3:35 - He says that his drama doesn’t have the usual ‘makjang’ elements (basically, extremely emotional and overdramatic elements that are very prevalent in Korean dramas).  He says that it’ll be a 6-month long family drama that will provide loving, touching, and fun moments.
Credit/source : http://kimdongwan.tumblr.com/  and ForeverDongwan@yt

Looks like he is. Google translate said rivalry to Wan, haha.
Looks good, doesn't he?  There are not many casts that I know for the drama but that's fine, I'll learn about them little by little.  I guess many people may not know Dongwan as well. 
@takugoro : is that Kim Myungmin in your avatar/sig?

Archived