Release Date: 13 February 2013

Airtime: Wednesday - Thursday; 10:00 pm

Language: Korean

Producer: Tae Won Entertainment

Official Website: IRIS II Official Website

page_1804_user_291822_1353877087Untitled

SYNOPSIS

----------------

The story take place three years after the the death of Hyun Joon (the character played by Lee Byung Hun) in part 1. 

It will reveal mystery surrounding Hyun Joon's death and Baek San, who has been arrested for being active in the secret organization IRIS and will outline the story of Mister Black, who controlled everything through Baek San.

It will also show NSS agents' struggles against 'IRIS', which is growing even larger and harder to break through including Agent Yoo Gun (Jang Hyuk) is the leader of NSS TF-A team. While he goes up against Baek San (Kim Young-Chul), Yoo Gun becomes involved a case which changes his fate forever.

CAST & CHARACTERS

----------------------------------

Jang Hyuk as Jeong Yoo Gun

6ccafd039245d6884489086.png

Lee Da Hae as Ji Soo Yeon

553141_286945148094743_5363922_n.png

Lee Bum soo as Yoo Joong Won

34674ec2d5628535ac7d68e.png

Oh Yun soo as Choi Min

a562b219ebc4b745fc700dd.png

B2ST's Doojun as Seo Hyun Woo

7effa686c9177f3e19b646c.png

Im Soo Hyang as Kim Yeon Hwa

fe38d8f9d72a605937f65bd.png

MBLAQ's Lee Joon as Yoon Si Hyuk

2873eaf81a4c510fd66658d.png

.:Extended Cast:.

Kim Seung Woo as Park Chul Young

Kim Yeong Cheol as Baek San

David Mclnnics as Ray

Baek Sung Hyun as Kang Byung Jin

Yoon So Yi as Park Tae Hee

Yoo Min as Sato Eriko

Cha Hyun Jung

Yoon Ju Hee as Lee Soo Jin

Jo Sung Ha as The Korean President

Jung Suk Won as Young Baek San (Cameo)

Sung Dong Il (Cameo)

ExtendedCast_zps501e4b50.jpg

VIDEOS

------------ 

kdrama-forum_400x60.png

BTS and Teaser released in Show Case

Show Case Full Video

IRIS II Cast Interview - KBS Entertainment Weekly Star Date (Eng Sub)

KIA K7 Ad Video

"IRIS II" At KBS Drama Awards 2012 (includes Teaser, Live show and Interview)

KBS Entertainment Varity - IRIS II BTS Cut

Lee Da Hae Arirang Interview (Eng Sub)

First Official Teaser

Seond Official Teaser

Episode 1 Preview

Official BTS and Cast Interview

5 Min Highlight released at Press Conference

Official BTS released at Press Conference

Cast interview at Press Conference in Entertainment Weekly

Official Hungary Making

Director Cut Scenes

Cast Interview and BTS - KBS Entertainment Weekly Star Date (Eng Sub)

"Sudden Attack" Game Dubbing

OST

--------

Davichi "Don't you Know" - MV Teaser

Davichi "Don't you Know" - Live From Press Conference

Davichi "Don't you Know" Music Video - With Eng Sub

Noul "How are you" Music Video 

EAST "Black Paradise" Music Video

Sohyang "Don't forget me" Music Video

Soul Cry "I Love You"

MBLAQ "What a Fool I am" Music Video

Ami "Breaking Up Everyday" Music Video

NEWS & ARTICLES

---------------------------

Click HERE for a news directory 

MISCELLANEOUS

-------------------------

Video Streaming Link - DramaFever

Live Streaming - KBS

Showcase Pictures - November 13 2012 : 1 | 2  | 3

Press Conference Pictures - February 7 2013 : 1

Fan arts - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 1011 | 12 | 13 | 14

Must Read!! and follow!!

----------------------------------

01. Soompi code of conduct

02. Do not post request for Subs. Do not request for Vids either. Just dled from what the other soompiers provide you.

Do not post requests for any bt seedings of any vids links as Soompi is not responsible for any of them

Do not request of translations of any kind, as translations are done by our fellow Soompiers' free will.

Use the online Google translator (http://translate.google.com) if you want to read the basic translations of any news in Korean. 

Anyone who posts these kind of requests, spam or break any of soompi forum rules will be reported to the mods immediately without any warning given.

03. Do not steal any download links from AJA-AJA and paste them out to Soompi or another site.

Go directly to the aja-aja site if you want to dl anything.

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

01. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02. The editing function of the forum has already been fixed so you can edit your posts instead of repeating postings thinking that you can't.

03. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

04. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

05. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 

06. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. 

====================

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daniel Henney Big Return To TV With “IRIS 2″

Written by Algie Lesia. Posted in Dramas

DanielHenney.jpgDaniel Henney and Jang Hyuk in a drama together. This is going to be so very awesome.

Tae Won Entertainment has revealed that actor Daniel Henney, who shot to fame with his role in My Name is Kim Sam Soon, is going to be cast for Iris 2.

His last Korean drama was Fugitive Plan. B marking it 3 years since the public has seen him on their local screens.

On September 18th, several insiders revealed that Daniel Henney has confirmed to appear in Iris 2 and added that they’re roughly looking at a February 2013 broadcast. The story will continue after Baek San and will focus on revealing Mr. Black’s identity.

A lot of people are speculating and have high hopes for Iris 2 because the original did so well, drawing an average of 30% viewership ratings within Korea. Iris 2 will follow the same blockbuster type production with big actions and great cinematography.

Along with Daniel Henney, Lee Da Hae and Jang Hyuk are looking favorably at the script. Several insiders told StarNews,

“Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae and Daniel Henney aren’t only popular within the country, but have such a huge following abroad. You can expect a great production with top stars.”

Oh Yun Soo joined "IRIS 2" ... A Jang Hyuk-Lee Da Hae Tandem_______________________________
391644_491139734237135_1581602277_n.jpg
Oh Yun soo joined the upcoming drama "Iris 2"

Creators from TaeWon Entertainment had an official press release on the 19th of September for the sequel of the drama "IRIS" , Oh Yun soo was said to appear in "IRIS 2".

Oh Yun soo will play the role of NSS Deputy Director Choi Min.NSS, an elite agency from Pentagon, again transformed into a powerful secret inteligence agency for the President having a negotiation and led to the reform of the NSS led by a group of men characters with peculiar charisma.

Oh Yun soo together with Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae, Im Soo Hyang and "IRIS" assist members Kim Yung Chul, Kim Seung Woo,Athena's Kim Min Jung is the confirmed casting said by TaeWon Entertainment.

Meanwhile, Daniel Henney has an ongoing hollywood movie project in progress in China and will return on the 20th in Thailand. TaeWon Entertainment is expected to announce the final schedule soon.

Also, for the title role of Hallyu, girl group Kara's Kang Ji Yung has a possitive review in joining, together with BEAST's Yoon Doo Joon & MBLAQ's Lee Joon. Adding a freshness to the character line-up is being discussed by TaeWon officials.

__________________________tranlated by: me
permalink: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2012091917051629111&type=1&outlink=1

Guest Golden_ochna

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; letter-spacing: -1px; " class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: 400; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); " class="content-title" style="color: rgb(63, 63, 64); margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; visibility: visible; "Kara’s Kang Ji Young, BEAST’s Yoon Doo Joon, and MBLAQ’s Lee Joon Cast in Sequel Drama “IRIS 2″
2012.09.18_idols_iris2-800x450.gif
Source: Soompi class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: 400; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: 400; visibility: visible; "IRIS 2's trio :D
2012091818531719_1_rstarcik.jpg
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: 400; visibility: visible; " class="content-title" style="color: rgb(63, 63, 64); margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; visibility: visible; "
An all-star cast!Daniel Henney, a gorgeous man! Jang Hyuk, a great actor! Lee Da Hae, you can be an angelic liar Yoorin or a cunning liar Miri, you can be a tender "Green rose" girl or a sexy spy for Iris 2! I know U can! 5ting!

Guest rntheatre

Sigh. I'm not feeling upbeat on this one. I really hope they will do a great job on this one because IRIS is such a classic. That's how great IRIS is.

I hope it is good, I love Jang Hyuk. but is it me or I hope there is another female lead in there, I see JH and DH together quite often. But I got to say I think Dae Hae and Daniel will look really good together.

Here are the character description by Wikipedia :D

• Jang Hyuk as Yoo Gun
    The TF-A Team leader under South Korea’s National Security Service, who while in charge of dealing with the events surrounding Baek San and IRIS, begins a desperate struggle for his life, and gets caught up in events that fatefully change his life.
  • Lee Da Hae as Ji Soo-Yeon
    A gold medalist in pistol shooting, and becomes a TF-A Team agent under South Korea’s National Security Service.
  • Kim Seung-woo as Park Cheol Young
    The head of the North Korean security team and also North Korea’s liaison to South Korea.
  • Kim So-yeon as Kim Seon-hwa
    Despite being one of very few females to achieve her status, Kim Seon-hwa has gained the trust and acknowledgment of her colleagues in the North Korean security forces. As a subordinate of Park Cheol-young and a ranking officer in his security outfit, she has great admiration for her superior and harbors deep resentment for the South.
  • O Yeonsu as Choi Min
    NSS Deputy Director Choi Min.NSS, an elite agency from Pentagon, again transformed into a powerful secret inteligence agency for the President having a negotiation and led to the reform of the NSS led by a group of men characters with peculiar charisma.
  • Kim Yeong Cheol as Baek San
    Its standing deputy director and true person in charge of South Korea’s National Security Service but also led secret organization IRIS’s infiltration of the National Security Service and attempt to derail unification.
  • Kim Min-jong as Kim Ki Soo
    A former North Korean intelligence agent who defects to South Korea and works for the National Security Service.
  • Im Soo-hyang as killer
    Must carry out a Russian assassination mission.
  • Kang Jiyoung as Song Chae Ran
    The honest and confident a agent.
  • Lee Joon as Kim Ji Hun
    The talented a password hacker

Guest hapha8714

Kim Seung Woo? Oh Yeon Soo?!

hahahaha! i like it man!
definitely will keep an eye on this.

but im more excited about So Yeon's story

in Athena, her family died and was under the impression that Chul Young (Kim Seung Woo) was behind the murder. the after events were pretty much vague.

I think they should include other Athena casts aside from Kim Min Jong
...and how would they link NSS to NTS? ...IRIS and Athena?

though i care less on kpop artists joining in, i believe their addition to the list of casts would be a great boost to the show's popularity

Thank you for starting the thread and all the latest news guys.

Is it for certain that Kim So Yeon will be in Iris 2? If she is I will definately be watching really loved her in Iris. Looking forward to other cast too.

Guest sodamncrazy

Annyeonghaseyo ;-)
YEHEY!!! finally...I've been waiting for this for about a year now... Dying to know whose who will going to be the next leadman,, it is heartbreaking to know that Lee Byung Hun will no longer be a part of this project ;-(.. hajiman, i love the new casts!!except for Lee Da hae ..Sillyehamnida,, joesonghaeyo... I just couldn't forget how she views Filipinos re: english speech
...If only taewon entertainment would have a change of heart on LDH

Guest sodamncrazy

ryeesa said: Thank you for starting the thread and all the latest news guys.

Is it for certain that Kim So Yeon will be in Iris 2? If she is I will definately be watching really loved her in Iris. Looking forward to other cast too.

class="posttitle" style="margin: -20px -20px 0px; padding: 25px 20px 5px; border: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(43, 43, 43); line-height: 1.2em; text-shadow: rgb(229, 229, 229) 0px 1px 2px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Lee Da Hae and Daniel Henney in "Iris 2"?
Lee-Da-Hae-et-Daniel-Henney-590x346.jpg

This time, the "Iris 2" looks really good party. Three years after the first part, the choice of new actors is at the heart of discussions.

After Jang Hyuk to play the male lead, it was announced that Lee Dae Hae and Daniel Henneywere contacted to join the cast.

The September 18 , the agency Lee Dae Hae has confirmed that the actress studying the project favorably. Having finished filming the drama Chinese "Love Actually" this summer, she took a few weeks off and has no commitment now. Who also starred in the drama "Chuno" in 2010, it would be an opportunity for her to work again with Jang Hyuk.

On his side, Daniel Henney was focused on his career in the United States. His last date was in Korean drama "Fugitive: Plan B" with Bi Rain and and was released in 2010. According to the agency, it would also be about to accept a role in "Iris 2".

Having attracted an average of 30% of viewers, discussions were initiated immediately to produce a sequel to the drama that had gathered on the screen Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae Hee . "Iris 2" will fit well in the continuity of the first with a plot focused on the international organization led by the mysterious Mister Black.

Once completed the casting, filming is expected to begin in October with the aim of broadcasting in February 2013.

Seriously if Kim Seung-woo, Kim Min-jong reprise their roles I will be so sad if Kim So Yeon doesnt, with how their stories ended there is so much they could do also its one of the most interesting story lines they will have.
O.C.K-DramaFan said: Maybe a Kim so yeon and Jang Hyuk pairing haha

Archived