Director: Kim Yun-Cheol
Writer: Ha Myung-Hee
Network: jTBC
Episodes: 20
Release Date: October 29, 2012 - January 1, 2013
Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 23:00
Language: Korean
Plot
"Can We Get Married?" depicts marriages through various couples, including a couple who are about to get married in 100 days and their families.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Mi-sook turns into a fierce mom (again) for cable drama
by javabeans 

leemisook_21.jpg

Cable channel JTBC is readying a new drama, and Lee Mi-sook (Love Rain, Cinderella’s Sister) is the first star to be attached. The drama is titled Could We Marry (literally, it’s like asking “Will we be able to marry?” but that has a clunkier ring to it, as far as titles go), and, naturally, is themed around weddings and marriage.

That sounds generic, I know, but there’s room in there for some heartfelt and meaty character stuff: the drama will follow the marriage stories of four couples. For instance, one story thread features a bride-to-be with 100 days till her wedding, full of family interactions and wedding preparation details. The show touts the message that preparing for a wedding is not the same as preparing for a marriage and a lifetime of living together, which seems like an obvious statement but could make for nice themed storylines. I say this one’s all going to hinge on execution, and at least JTBC has a solid track record in that regard.

Lee Mi-sook plays a strong, meddling mother with daughters to marry off, which makes me think she’s reprising her role from Thousand Day Promise. Which could be a good thing; she was a hoot in it, and often the sole comic relief in an otherwise dreary story. Lee does sharp and biting in the funniest way, and that makes her more absurd than unlikable since the outrageousness is the point.

In this drama, her character owns a cosmetics store and raises her two daughters on her own. Mom considers money the most valuable thing in the world — which makes her single-minded in the pursuit of prospective son-in-laws. Her own marriage experience was unhappy, so she’s set on making sure it’s different for her children. An admirable prospect, for certain, though you wonder if she’s living vicariously through them to right that wrong, which is less admirable.

She marries off the elder daughter to a doctor, then turns her attention to the younger. Only to have the daughter reveal that she wants to marry an ordinary salaryman. Gasp! Conflict ensues.

Could We Marry will premiere in October.

Via Joins MSN

Thank you so much for starting the thread @newyorkcitygirl ... 
I'm on board because this is the first drama of Kim Sung Min after his drug scandal =( I've been a fan of him for many years and after I almost cried after hearing that he will take part in this drama xD
The cast look great ( so many faces I like are on board!! - that includes So Min - ) , all the best for this drama! 

tlbpc said: Hi all Hyunmins!  
Just got the latest news that MinMin will be acting in a new drama and it will be broadcast in October this year by JTBC.  According to Koreapressagency, the entire cast just had a script reading session, the title is tentatively - "Will We Be Able To Get Married".  It's something like Standby with a cast of different age groups and that there are several sub-plots about marriage of the different age group couples.
MinMin plays the daughter of a widow and has a sister. Sounds like a sitcom.  Still need further translations before can be sure of the details.

Kim Seong-min to come back for the first time in 2 years

photo256236.jpg

To s tar in the JTBC drama "Can We Get Married??"

Actor Kim Seong-min who has been on the low for the past few years for accusations of being involved with drugs, is coming back. He is going to s tar in the upcoming JTBC drama "Can We Get Married??" along with Lee Mi-sook, Choi Hwa-jeong, Jeong Ae-yeon, Kim Jin-soo and more.

Kim Seong-min is coming back for the first time in 2 years. He was on probation for the charges of smuggling in methamphetamine from the Philippines in 2010 and spent his time doing community work and reflecting on himself. He appeared in the musical "Sound of Music" and movie "The Weight" some time after that. He recently starred in the movie "Soundless Man" and opened a store in a great big shopping mall in Ansan.

Kim Seong-min is said to have realized his mistake and will carefully and slowly make his way back in front of the public".

Source : news.donga.com/3/all/... ( English )

Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

Read more at http://www.hancinema.net/kim-seong-min-to-come-back-for-the-first-time-in-2-years-47462.html#uY0p0QvBjoeCyIjB.99

Updating...(reposted from Jeanneth's FB wall)
Jung So Min's New DRAMA for 2012 ("Could We Marry")

She will  the daughter of Actress Lee Mee Sook,a widower. 

Jung So Min's(정소민) New Cable Drama will be aired on JTBC.

"Could We Marry" will premiere in October. ^^

(The drama is titled Could We Marry (literally,it’s like asking “Will we be able to marry?")

So Min was in the script reading " Can We get Married" this pictures was taken last week ( tips from human and Lespapillons of Jung So min's thread
557494_497904980221825_401106020_n.jpg
423830_497905026888487_899537236_n.jpg
603214_497905040221819_652275530_n.jpg

Jeong Ae-yeon to come back with "Can We Get Married?"

photo256366.jpg

Actor Jeong Ae-yeon is coming back with "Can We Get Married??"

Jeong Ae-yeon landed in the role of Hye-jin who meets Do-hyeon (Kim Seong-min) in her first workplace which is the hospital and marries him after getting pregnant. However, she falls to become a divorcee thanks to her husbands 7 years of untrustworthiness.

"Can We Get Married??" is about two sisters getting married and divorced at the same time and shows the process of realizing duty and love, dynamics of relationships, authority fight in the family and the true colors of oneself.

Jeong Ae-yeon is coming back with this drama for the first time in four years since the 2008 MBC drama "Before and After" as a beautiful plastic surgery clinic director of communications.

Meanwhile, "Can We Get Married??" will be aired for the first time on the 3rd of October.

Source : news.maxmovie.com/mov... ( English )

Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink
Read more at http://www.hancinema.net/jeong-ae-yeon-to-come-back-with-can-we-get-married--47507.html#fahGmKQigiSiOyzK.99

Thank you for starting the thread newyorkcitygirl!

It seems interesting, and there are quite a number of familiar faces. From the premise, I'm wondering if this is a melodrama? It seems a bit melo, but I hope there is some humor in it too, just to spice it up.

Can't wait! :D

Guest Lespapillons

All cast : 

성준 Sung Joon as Hoon           Lee Mee Sook;  Lee Mee Sook;  as deulja
Kim Sung Min Kim Sung Min as dohyeon JeongaeyeonJeongaeyeon as Hye 
Kim Young-kwang Kim Young-kwang     Jeongsomin Jeongsomin  as Hester  

Un Une as Dongbi Kang, Soak - Woo   Kang, Soak - Woo  as Gun Dong
Seonwooeunsuk  Seonwooeunsuk as Eun Kyung   Choi HwaChoi Hwa  as deulrae 

Jin - Soo KimJin - Soo Kim  as Minho  
source :  http://movie.daum.net/
sorry it isn't good but we have all cast here.

class="entry-title" style="border-width: 3px 0px 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-top-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); margin: 0px 0px 0.1em; outline: 0px; padding: 4px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 22px; clear: both; "Sung Joon and Jung So Min Pair Up for New Cable Drama Starring Lee Mi Sook Posted on September 23, 2012 by ockoala

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/09/23/sung-joon-and-jung-so-min-pair-up-for-new-drama-can-we-get-married-starring-lee-mi-sook/

lmar_zps87dee625.jpg

The first character stills are out for the upcoming jTBC cable drama Can We Get Married? The drama stars Lee Mi Sook as a career woman matriarch with two daughters, the eldest is married to a doctor while the youngest is a teacher preparing for her upcoming wedding. The drama revolves around four couples who are either married and going through their own problems or preparing to get married, aiming to show that getting married is not just about an event but about creating a lifetime together. Playing the pair of youngsters preparing to get married is Jung So Min and Sung Joon, while her older sister is played by Jung Ae Yun who is married to Kim Sung Min in the drama and during the course of the show they end up dealing with their divorce due to his philandering ways. Another young couple will be played by Kim Young Kwang and Une, while Choi Hwa and Kim Jin Soo add their comedic mix to their own likely dysfunctional relationship. Apparently Lee Mi Sook’s mommy dearest character wants the best for her daughters’ marriages but her constant hovering likely creates tension between the couples as well as with the in-laws. I love Jung So Min but Standby was a pass for me since sitcoms aren’t my thing (unless its the perfect perfect I Live in Cheongdamdong, which also aired on jTBC), so this is ideal for me to finally get back to seeing her on my screen. Sung Joon hit it big with Shut Up: Flower Boy Band and I still have to get to watching that drama since I’ve heard so much good vibes about it. I have a good feeling about this onscreen coupling, so hopefully the story will be equally as promising. Lee Mi Sook has had a series of blah dramas for me (Cinderella UnniThousand Day Promise,Love Rain) so I’m hoping she bucks the trend here. The drama is premiering on October 3 for a scheduled 20 episode run.

wlas_zps092d10a0.jpg

dsf_zpsf296767d.jpg

Lee Mi Sook -Kim Sung Min "Could We Married" First broadcast October 29
1348707410402_1_100531.jpg
In the picture you can see Lee Mi Sook, with Sung Joon (his future son in law and boyfriend and Hye Yun boyfriend character played by Jung So Min) rehearsing a scene with director Kim Yun Chul 
The News: (unfortunately google translator does not help much) :((
주연의 JTBC 새 드라마 '우리가 결혼할 수 있을까'가 촬영을 시작했다.

지난주 진행된 '우리가 결혼할 수 있을끼(이하 우결수)'의 첫 촬영은 들자(이미숙 분)가 운영하는 화장품 가게를 찾은 예비 사위 정훈(성준 분)의 장면이었다. 이미숙은 뽀글거리는 헤어스타일과 진한 화장으로 평소 세련된 이미지와 180도 다른 얼굴을 선보였다. 성준 또한 반항적인 10대 캐릭터에서 깔끔한 수트와 헤어로 이미지 변신을 해 눈길을 끌었다.

예비 장모와 사위에 이어 예비 고부 촬영도 이어졌다. 혜윤(정소민 분)이 예비 시어머니인 은경(선우은숙 분)에게 상견례 선물을 주기 위해 기중(김영광 분)의 카페에서 만나는 장면은 첫 호흡임에도 불구, NG 한 번 없이 오케이 사인을 받아냈다.

한편 '우결수'는 결혼을 앞둔 동생과 이혼을 앞둔 언니의 이야기를 통해 결혼과 가족에 대한 진정한 의미를 깨달아가는 과정을 그려낸 드라마다. 이미숙의 컴백작으로 정소민, 성준, 김영광, 한그루, 김성민, 정애연 등 신세대 배우들이 총출동하고 MBC '내 이름은 김삼순'을 연출한 김윤철 감독이 메가폰을 잡아 화제를 모았다.

주인공 이미숙은 극중 두 자매의 어머니 들자 역을 맡아 억척스럽고 강한 연기를 선보일 예정이다. 들자는 돈을 세상 최고의 가치로 삼으며 자신의 불행한 결혼생활을 딸들에게 보상받고자 하는 캐릭터다.

오랜만에 안방극장에 컴백하는 김성민은 이미숙의 잘난 맏사위로 분한다. 정소민과 정애연은 이미숙의 딸들로, 성준은 정소민의 약혼자로, 중년배우 선우은숙은 이미숙의 예비사돈으로 출연한다. 오는 10월29일 첫방송한다.

권혜림기자 lima@joynews24.com  
Credit:  http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=700210&g_serial=692274&rrf=nv 

Archived