Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

J  I  N  -  S  E  -  Y  E  O  N 

zz_zps0c87b700.jpg

P R O F I L E  
NAME : JIN SE YEON // 진세연 // BORN : FEBRUARY 15, 1994BIRTHPLACE : SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAPROFESSION : ACTRESS
HEIGHT : 167 CMBLOOD TYPE : BSTAR SIGN : AQUARIUSTALENT AGENCY : EARLYBIRD ENTERTAINMENT

++++++
  D R A M A S  

THE FLOWER IN PRISON |2016  DOCTOR STRANGER | SBS, 2014INSPIRING GENERATION | KBS, 2014FIVE FINGERS | SBS, 2012BRIDAL MASK | KBS, 2012MY DAUGHTER MY FLOWER | SBS, 2011DAUGHTER OF BILITIS CLUB | KBS, 2011THE DUO | MBC, 2011IT'S OKAY DADY'S GIRL | SBS, 2010

++++++
  M O V I E S  
Operation Chromite | 2016                       POLICE'S FAMILY | 2015 (KOREA)
WHITE: CURSE OF THE MELODY | 2011 (KOREA)THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE | 2014 (JAPAN)

++++++
  A W A R D S  
2014 APAN STAR AWARDS: POPULAR STAR AWARD
2012 KBS DRAMA AWARDS: 
NEWCOMER ACTRESS AWARD

2011 SBS DRAMA AWARDS: NEW STAR AWARD

++++++

T H E A T E R  

CLOSER | 2013 (KOREA)

• Like 4

Wow, someone had finally made her thread!

Of course I love JSY. Though I'm busy, so just going to say "hi" for now. But definitely come back later.

Btw @lovinslevine: Hi. I believe I've never "met" you in Bridal Mask or Five Fingers thread? Nice to know that there are still some of JSY's fans lurking outside of BM or  F.Fingers thread  :P
Thanks for made this thread.

Joo Won gets his leading lady in Bridal Mask !!!! by girlfriday | February 4, 2012

JinSeYeon1-1.jpg

Now that we have our hero Joo Won and our villain Park Ki-woong, upcoming sageuk action blockbuster Bridal Mask (Gaksital) is moving on to its leading lady: rookie actress Jin Sae-yeon, who is currently headlining the daily drama My Daughter Flower. You might also recognize her from smaller roles in The Duo or It’s Okay Daddy’s Girl, but overall she’s a relatively new face.

Bridal Mask is a period piece set in the 1930s, during the Japanese occupation of Korea. It’s an adaptation of a comic book about a freedom fighter who wears a bridal mask to keep his identity hidden as he fights injustice, as superheroes like to do. It doesn’t say much about the heroine, but I’m guessing she gets rescued a time or two. Let’s hope she also does a little fighting back of her own.

At the helm is PD Yoon Sung-shik (Story of a Man) along with writer Yoo Hyun-mi (Green Rose). The production boasts a 10-billion won budget, and with talented up-and-comers like Joo Won and Park Ki-woong in the lead roles, it’s gaining a lot of interest and buzz. It’s certainly the May show to beat on my excitement meter. I pretty much can’t wait to see Joo Won kickin’ richard simmons and takin’ names.

Bridal Mask held its first script reading on the 3rd, and premieres in May on KBS.

Source: dramabeans || Via: Sports Chosun

"Ojakgyo Brothers" Joo Won Turns into Freedom Fighter "Bridal Mask"

joowon_jinseyeon.jpg

“Ojakgyo Brothers’” Joo Won, who saw his stock rise through the 2010 ratings hit “Baker King Tak Goo,” stars in another drama set to premiere in May. Local news agencies reported that the cast of KBS’ “Doll Mask” is confirmed with Joo Won, Jin Se Yeon, Park Ki Woong and Han Chae Ah onboard.

Joo Won has been confirmed to star in “Doll Mask” since early January but the drama has only completed casting in early February.

“Doll Mask,” a 1974 cartoon by Heo Young Man, takes place in the 1930s. It tells the story of a character, Lee Kang To (Joo Won), who is skilled in martial arts and who fought against the Japanese during that turbulent era in Korean history. It is also reportedly a big-budget drama, which has started to raise viewers’ expectations.

Actor Shin Hyun Joon, a self-confessed fan of Joo Won, is already set to make a guest appearance in the drama. He will play the pivotal role of Kang San, Lee Kang To’s brother, who turns the once-pro-Japanese hero into a fighter for his country.

Local news agencies also report that Joo Won, Jin Se Yeon, Park Ki Woong and Han Chae Ah have successfully completed their first script reading session.

“Doll Mask” is slated for broadcast on KBS starting in May.

hazelnutthursdays February 3, 2012 || source: soompi

Old Article & Interwiew Pictures

fullsizephoto128297.jpg
fullsizephoto128299.jpg

credit: as labeled || source: hancinema

Guest kaeruchan

oh my!!! @lovinslevine you're amazing to make this thread! I can't thank you enough! now I have another place to spazz about the pretty JSY~ ;)

my first contribution~ here's an article about her, with this photo

201209041217342510_1.jpg

love her smile!

Guest kaeruchan

@lovinslevine no problem :D I'm excited to be able to spazz about her here. hopefully more people will drop by here ^^

Jin Se-Yeon in Elle Girl August 2012

jinseyeon-ellegirl-aug12-3.jpg

jinseyeon-ellegirl-aug12-1.jpg

jinseyeon-ellegirl-aug12-2.jpg

The interview's translation on soompi

http://www.soompi.com/2012/08/22/bridal-mask-lead-jin-se-yeon-is-adorkable-in-elle-pictorial/

“Bridal Mask” Lead Jin Se Yeon Is Adorable in “Elle” Pictorial

Actress Jin Se Yeon playing the first love of freedom-fighting masked crusader Bridal Mask and publicly-hated alter ego Kang To (dual roles played by the swoon-worthy and be-dimpled actor Joo Won) in drama “Bridal Mask“ was featured in a pictorial and interview in the August issue of fashion magazine “Elle.”  Below are selected excerpts from the interview and descriptions of the photographs in the pictorial.

On her role as the youngest on set, Jin Se Yeon said: “I am the youngest on set.  Part of being the youngest is making the atmosphere brighter, so I make an effort to make everyone laugh.  In contrast, when I’m with my friends, I become quiet.  I am more of the type of person who listens to others.”

On idols, Jin Se Yeon said: “I like DBSK and Big Bang.  But, these days, as opposed to picking out one group that I like, just when groups come out, I watch with interest.”

On romance scenes with Joo Won, Jin Se Yeon said: “[in the beginning of the drama] Even though Kang To loved Mok Dan, Mok Dan still did not know that Kang To was her first love.  But, whenever [Joo Won and I] had scenes together, without realizing it, I kept finding my heart relaxing [around Joo Won.]  [laughs]  So, the director had to keep reminding me not to forget what Mok Dan’s mental state was.”

On her heart beating around Joo Won, Jin Se Yeon said: “Of course.  Actors are all charismatic, good-looking, and bear with others well.  I think, as opposed to rational feelings, in the scene, one tends to lean upon one’s emotions.  It’s good!  [laughs]  Ah, what should I say?”

In the first photograph, Jin Se Yeon  relaxes into a chair with an easy smile.  She is wearing a Comptoir Des Cotonniers jumpsuit, Burberry oxford shoes, Black Muse bangles, and Aznavour ring.

In the second photograph, in a nod to drama “Bridal Mask”’s love of disguise and mustaches on her character’s father and freedom fighter Dam Sa Ri (played by also swoon-worthy actor Jun Noh Min), Jin Se Yeon sports the cutest mustache.  She is wearing a Juicy Couture print top, Siwy denim shorts, Perche pendant necklace, Charles Phillip shoes, and H&M hat.

In the last photograph, oh so easy-breezy, Jin Se Yeon lounges about in a Style Nanda flower print one-piece, Rena Chris studded headband, and Comptoir Des Cotonniers suede booties.

@kaeru-chan : im really grateful to you. you are so nice person like our JSY :D

yes, i also hope many people drop to our mokdan. cause she's really adorable young actress with amazing skill acting, and of course her voice is really sexy hihihi. omg i hope Joo Won fall to her. (im so glad saw JW always hug JSY in BM BTS) :x

thanks a lot for your wonderful articles posted. it's really insightful :)

Hi all. I'm coming back!

Wow, last time I was here this thread's views count was just about 50-60, now it's climbing onto almost 140 in just less than a day. Quite an achievement I dare say, esp. since the lurkers in the "actors & actresses" forum always not as many as in "drama" forum recently. I don't know why, in the past before Soompi's layout had been changed, there used to be more users active in this sector. I think it's either they have bookmark-ed their own favorite actors/actresses thread so that they can always open it fast without have to open the main page, or is it because discuss about dramas are more entertaining than the stars themselves? Hmmm... :-/

I myself personally like to be in actors/actress thread, perhaps even more so than in drama thread, b'coz pretty much everyone in it are the fans of the said actor/actress, so we can be free to spazz and gush about him/her, without being off topic, some people feels uncomfortable/annoyed, and of course no bashing. I always welcome constructive criticism toward my fav stars, but just baseless/shallow reasons/misunderstanding bashings are always a big NO-NO for me.

As of now, there are only 30+ users who are lurking in "actors/actresses" part, and 29 of them are here in JSY's thread. Wow! Some I've seen them lurked in BM or FF's thread, some names are new for me. Welcome all, hope to share and spread much and much of JSY's love with you all  :\">