Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 Korean Celebrities Labeled “Anti-Japanese” for Their Position on Dokdo | Soompi

SystemSystem Posts: 44,629

ADMIN

image8 Korean Celebrities Labeled “Anti-Japanese” for Their Position on Dokdo | Soompi

Dokdo, or Takeshima in Japanese, is a small group of rocky islets that lie in between South Korea and Japan. Although South Korea has been deploying its ow

Read the full story here

Comments

• amerzainalamerzainal Posts: 1New Member
    how fuq'ed-up is this ? the korean artiste just trying to show their nationality towards Korea by saying what theirs is theirs , n the Japanese Media stated that there artiste is Anti-Japanese ? how pathetic are they ? =="
  • deshat17deshat17 Posts: 2New Member
    edited August 2012
    well, my stand here is: It is natural for a sovereign country to set its parameters. it's also a way
    of keeping there state sovereign. my point here is I do think that the Japanese media is exaggerating the Koreans way of expressing their view. It is what media is all about, "FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION." The Japanese media should understand this matter. However, my advice for the two countries is that there are matters or issues that should live confidential or should only be tackled legally or in the right orderly and diplomatic way, without ruining one's name. Matters such as this, especially that it involves the security and international relations, should be left in the hands of the people in the government or those who are with proper authority and knowledge...
    That would be all..Thanks! :-B
  • glacierknglacierkn USPosts: 115Member

ROOKIE

edited August 2012
    wow, I didn't know U-Kiss tweeted that...and they are majorly active in Japan now!
  • uknowahahuknowahah Directing Life SingaporePosts: 719Member

IDOL

They are just respectable individuals who proudly root for their own nation. How can they be considered as anti-Japanese?
    Favorite Noonas of all time: Lee Bo Young Han Ji Min Ha Ji Won Han Hyo Joo Son Ye Jin Lee Yo Won Gianna Jun Ku Hye Sun Lee Hana
    Favorite Dong Saeng of all time: Nam Ji-Hyun (Actress)
    Watching: Angel Eyes, High School King of Savvy
    Anticipating: The Pirates, 
    Daniela ツTaishi
  • oooroosayoooroosay Posts: 1,536Member

IDOL

this land is your land this land is my land
    from california to the new york island
    from the redwood forest to the gulf stream waters
    this land was made for you and me!

why cant we just all get along!
    Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die
  • pacificapacifica Posts: 4New Member
    Claiming Dokdo makes a Korean anti-Japanese?
    Daniela ツTaishimialee86
  • KonaBeansKonaBeans Just Because... ✿✿✿ © Posts: 3,801Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

Again, CORRECTION PLEASE. Song Il Kook did NOT SWIM ALL THE WAY TO DOKDO. He took part of the relay swimming with singer Kim Jang-Hoon and 40 other students from Korea Athletic University. Does anyone verify the information before posting false information here?
  • JaeKae6JaeKae6 Posts: 10Member
    oooroosay wrote: »
    this land is your land this land is my land
    from california to the new york island
    from the redwood forest to the gulf stream waters
    this land was made for you and me!

why cant we just all get along!

I thought I was the only one to think of this song when reading about the land issues! xD
  • katie_18katie_18 Posts: 31Member
    the japanese need to realize that each country is going to claim the land as their own. I think the japanese need to grow up. it is ridiculous that they are banning them from entering the country and even canceling their shows and appearances. they are criticizing people for standing up for what they believe in and for standing up for their nationality. I am sure the japanese are doing the same thing, claiming it as their own. this "anti-japanese" term is really starting to annoying me and it is making me mad. they are standing up for something. they don't have anything against the japanese, just what they believe is different. I am not asian, I am American so I don't really have a say on who the land really belongs to and as far as my history knowledge on the matter goes, they have both inhabited the island at some point, over the years.
  • queensterqueenster canadaPosts: 117Member

ROOKIE

edited August 2012
    This whole thing is ridiculous. Apparently having an opinion (that Dokdo is Korea's) makes you Anti-Japanese,wow. Things should just be left the way it is, Japan has claimed soverignity over Dokdo but Korea has so much things going on there. Doesn't it make it 50/50. If you really think about it,they're merely rocks.
    There are two rules to success:
     1. Do not reveal everything you know.
                                                                 2.                                                 
  • happyboyhappyboy Posts: 418Member

IDOL

deshat17 wrote: »
    well, my stand here is: It is natural for a sovereign country to set its parameters. it's also a way<br />

<br />
    of keeping there state sovereign. my point here is I do think that the Japanese media is exaggerating the Koreans way of expressing their view. It is what media is all about, "FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION." The Japanese media should understand this matter. However, my advice for the two countries is that there are matters or issues that should live confidential or should only be tackled legally or in the right orderly and diplomatic way, without ruining one's name. Matters such as this, especially that it involves the security and international relations, should be left in the hands of the people in the government or those who are with proper authority and knowledge...<br />

<br />
    That would be all..Thanks!

Well first of all don't blame ALL Japanese media. Like in England or many nations there's a Left and Right media. The Rightwing media in Japan are the one inflaming this hatred.

Second let me say that someone who is a Right Wing racist in Japan , who hates Korea, would think as follows "ok... you are Korean you will back Korea like I back Japan... but if you want to make money here, saying Dokdo is Korean is like a slap in the face." Their whole worldview is predicated on fear, hate, and viewing people as THINGS and EXTENSION of races and countries, not as an individual with rights of free speech and expression.

In truth this is a bigger issue for Japan than Korea. To Korea it's a few rocks that the Japan, when they were Fascists tried to steal from Korea... like Nazis tried to steal parts of Europe like Poland and France.

For the Japanese though, it's an issue of confronting the EVIL of their FASCIST PAST. Japan has disputes with EVERYONE. With every single neighbor! All due to the exact same thing: they took land while they were invading other countries in the 1800s and early 1900s... now Right wing nuts want to try to claim that the territory is theirs. They are fighting Russia over the Kuril Islands, China over Diaoyu (Taiwan with Tiaoyutai). It's not just Korea. They are stirring Richard Simmons all over the Pacific.

For Japanese Right Wing nuts it's not just rocks but being able to DENY that they killed all those hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, raped and enslaved all those thousands of women, tortured, experimented and killed all those tens of thousands of POWS (from America and our allies). Right now there's a huge issue brewing, much LARGER than this one with Korea for the APEC summit when China is going to go toe to toe with the Japanese Neo Fascists over their dispute.

It's dark times ahead for Japan. I feel bad for its people.
  • TaishiTaishi Posts: 64Member

ROOKIE

Hold on, these people said that Dokdo belongs to Korea. Did they necessarily say that they hate Japan? All they said was their beliefs.
  • babyy luckiibabyy luckii NYCPosts: 898Member
    why do i feel like this issue is going to be blown way out of proportion?...can't we all just get along?
    별은 희망의 표시이다. 
    우리가 그것을 원하는 이유입니다.
  • fatsoliofatsolio East Bay, CAPosts: 2New Member
    Despite everything said though Korea refuses to let things be decided by the international court of justice..... 8-|
  • june1ov3june1ov3 pretty in pink ;] Posts: 1,403Member

IDOL

fatsolio wrote: »
    Despite everything said though Korea refuses to let things be decided by the international court of justice..... 8-|

well yea, that's because a third party should not be involved because dokdo islands are korea's islands. there is no doubt about it. the japanese refuse to admit to their cruel acts during the war and they refuse to let go of the islands because of its richness in potential gas and abundant fishing areas. why should the international court of justice be involved when all the Richard Simmons are gonna do is pay off the officials like they have done in the past over and over and over again to screw korea over.

• leddinoleddino Posts: 2New Member
    why do i feel like this issue is going to be blown way out of proportion?...can't we all just get along?

I totally agree it is being blown way out of proportion
    "No matter how difficult and hard something is, I will always be positive and smile like an idiot.” - Chanyeol of EXO
  • ardentlyardently California, United StatesPosts: 1,282Member

SUPERSTAR

edited August 2012
    I have yet to hear the comments of Japanese Fans who have been rooting for some Kpop artists and celebrities.
  • vankodoqvankodoq Posts: 245Member
    To those who said Dokdo Island is just "merely rocks", you're so wrong. Countries, just like companies, still have to see things that will give themselves stability, especially financially. A country with healthy economy often means that every other aspects will be healthy too. So why do Japan and South Korea want to claim this "mere rocks"? That's because according to BBC, Liancourt Rocks (the international name for the island, I guess) is in an area of rich fishing grounds and is reported that the area may contain large deposits of natural gas. These, are the REAL reasons why the dispute is still ongoing. Japan and Korea both NEED those natural resources.

It's not about pride, or nationality, or anything. It's purely for economical reason. The nationality pride issue is brought along because it is possibly the strongest "mask" to put on to fight for the sovereignty of those "mere rocks".

The reasoning behind my opinion? I'm Indonesian and we have our share of "sovereignty claims" fights with Malaysia. Each disputes opens my eyes more to the fact that in every disputed islands/territories, there is always at least one natural resources beneath.
    mialee86
  • KirariKirari The NetherlandsPosts: 614Member

ROOKIE

It's not stupid if you're fighting over this because of the economical gains. But to fight over whose land is it purely out of nationalism is retarted. We all see the clear losses this whole event has brouhgt, but what is the gain for nationalists?
    Artists should just shut up about it and let politicians fight over politics. Hallyu artist are supposed to bring cultures closer together
  • vankodoqvankodoq Posts: 245Member

Kirari said:
    It's not stupid if you're fighting over this because of the economical gains. But to fight over whose land is it purely out of nationalism is retarted. We all see the clear losses this whole event has brouhgt, but what is the gain for nationalists?
    Artists should just shut up about it and let politicians fight over politics. Hallyu artist are supposed to bring cultures closer together
    They're people of their own respectful countries. They're no doubt swept up by this wave of "national pride" and stuff. That's why on another thread I said that I hate it when this kind of politics made it into something neutral, like music.