What's your homemade skin miracle?

Guest Sun Happy

Guest Sun Happy

I think most of us (except a lucky few) have skin problems. Dry, oily, big pores, acne, scarring, redness, et cetera. And (like most of us), we try to fix it.
I personally have really red, oily skin with big pores and acne (yeesh! D:). I got a sample of skin79's whitening solution and loved it, buuut.. it was thirty bucks. It seems like all the miracle products are expensive. I've been turning to diy skin treatments for years now, but either get too lazy to continue or just plain get no results. My skin is stubborn, oh so stubborn... But recently I've been trying something I saw on MichellePhan's channel (I've seen a lot of people recommending it) and it was cheap and easy, so why not? In a few days of religious use my skin is amazing. Sure, it's not perfect, but for someone as obsessed as I am, there's been a big change. I thought I'd share and maybe have a few people post in their own little wonders they found or came up with, and here's mine :).
This is good for tightening pores, reducing aging, reducing redness, and I've found it's even helped with my oil and acne. Green tea ice cubes! Like when you were little and made homemade popsicles with juice, ice cube trays, and tooth picks! It's fairly common to find online, but nonetheless I don't see many people using it, so hey. You get an ice cube tray and pour in green tea (I make sure I make mine extra strong!), and cover tightly with clear plastic wrap. Poke in the tooth picks! They're not gonna stand up perfectly straight, I've tried everything, it just doesn't work, hahaha. But you pop it in the freezer overnight and ta-dah! Miracle in an ice cube tray :). I like to rub it all over after I wash my face (yes, it's safe to use under eyes) and pat lightly so it isn't dripping, then tap on my moisturizer. I personally don't use it at night, but you could if you wanted to. I think this is the easiest diy beauty I've done, there's nothing going bad after two days or waiting fifteen minutes. My skin looks red and feels weird for a bit afterwards, so I'd apply it a little while before you put on any makeup, but the results come in about two days. My face turns red as a tomato when I even smile, but now it has almost no color change when I even wash my face. I'm a religious bubzbeauty and MichelleFan follower, but this is the best I've come by. Michelle put vitamin E in her ice cubes, but I haven't and I'm still thoroughly amazed. My skin glows and is dewy, red-free and more refined. Strongly recommend to everyone. ^^
What about everyone else? What homemade skin miracles do you swear by?

I love homemade remedies and i always tend to try new ones . This is one that i've tried a few weeks ago and i loved it.Ingredients: Lemon ,Milk , Rice Flour and Wheat FlourMix the rice flour and the wheat flour until they become one , after that slowly add some milk until it turns into a paste . A few drops of lemon and you're done! Apply it on your face and leave it for 15 to 20 mins . It's really great against pimples and the rice flour has a whitening effect . Also! Brewer's yeast is really good for the skin!!! I don't remember any other right now but when i do i'll make sure to post some more!

Guest PotatoesAreEpic

Extra virgin olive oil all day err day! I use it to clean my face and it makes a good moisturizer. It's so much more gentle than using makeup removers because it doesn't have all of the harsh chemicals. And no, it doesn't cause acne at all. In fact, it soothes it.

Plus, I know this is a skin thread but it also does wonders for my hair. Sometimes I do heavy oilings that I wash out after a couple of hours, but mostly I use it as a leave-in conditioner. Just a teeny tiny drop on my hands! Barely enough to make them shiny. I put it in my hair(especially on my ends) and it makes my hair so smooth. Which is great because my hair is hip length and has been very abused. It needs the love!

Guest Sun Happy

aaallleee said: I love homemade remedies and i always tend to try new ones . This is one that i've tried a few weeks ago and i loved it.Ingredients: Lemon ,Milk , Rice Flour and Wheat FlourMix the rice flour and the wheat flour until they become one , after that slowly add some milk until it turns into a paste . A few drops of lemon and you're done! Apply it on your face and leave it for 15 to 20 mins . It's really great against pimples and the rice flour has a whitening effect . Also! Brewer's yeast is really good for the skin!!! I don't remember any other right now but when i do i'll make sure to post some more!

Guest chlorine

Organic apple cider vinegar as a daily toner is a very good pH balancer and clears my face of acne. =)  Super cheap too.
I've also tried to use honey as a face mask and it does get rid of redness. I just have a problem of it dripping down my face. Probably better to mix i.e. oats with it.
Sometimes at nights I just use 2 drops of filtered jojoba oil on my face and it is a great moisturizer that does not clog the pores.

Guest MakeupLover

Last year I have suffered in very bad acne problem...and when i got rid from it...it left acne scars on my whole face...then I tried this homemade recipe...

1 Tbs Yogurt, 2 Tbs Gram flour, 1 Tbs lemon juice , Pinch of turmeric powder, mix well all of the ingredients and apply on complete face for about 20 min ...twice a day....After 2 weeks my acne scars was almost disappear and I got the extreme fairer, radiant and glowing complexion .... even i got that comments from ppl that have you applied foundation on your face.....

Its a wonderful and cheap homemade recipe and everyone who want a extra fairer , glowing, bright complexion and want to get rid from every scar on face without any side effects then must try this at home.

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

Honey and sugar is the best exfoliator out there.  It gets rid all the dead skin and it doesn't irritate.  Just make sure your face is slightly damp and rub it gently.  I do this once a week, & my face is so smooth and sort of glowy afterward :)

Guest 2partsvodka

coffee, brown sugar, and vitamin E oil (or extra virgin olive oil) exfoliator; its one of the best natural remedies i have used. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. 
green tea and sea salt toner is also another great homemade remedy that works wonders. It reduced the redness of the skin, it subdue the oiliness as well, and my pores has become less noticeable as well. 
as for moisturizer i just use 100% organic jojoba oil, this stuff is heavenly to the skin and it doesn't clog the pores!!! 

Olive oil and salt scrub. It could seem a bit too harsh to some people. But it's okay for my skin, and it has done wonders! Gets rid of all the dead cells and flaking skin, and leaves a glowing, clean, smooth goodness!

I use 2 teaspoons of sea salt, and about 2 or more teaspoons olive oil. It should be runny but not too much. I use the spoon to apply in on my face in small sections and rub to get it evenly spread. Then I massage very gently for a couple of minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Then I use my face cleanser to get rid of the oily residue, and rinse with cold water. It's really refreshing!

Guest Sun Happy

MakeupLover said: Last year I have suffered in very bad acne problem...and when i got rid from it...it left acne scars on my whole face...then I tried this homemade recipe...

1 Tbs Yogurt, 2 Tbs Gram flour, 1 Tbs lemon juice , Pinch of turmeric powder, mix well all of the ingredients and apply on complete face for about 20 min ...twice a day....After 2 weeks my acne scars was almost disappear and I got the extreme fairer, radiant and glowing complexion .... even i got that comments from ppl that have you applied foundation on your face.....

Its a wonderful and cheap homemade recipe and everyone who want a extra fairer , glowing, bright complexion and want to get rid from every scar on face without any side effects then must try this at home.

I've been using extra virgin olive oil as a makeup remover for years. &it has saved me so much money!For my face, I've been washing it with olive oil soap instead of going out and buying some expensive facial wash.At night, I moisturize with extra virgin coconut oil.  
I broke out really badly a couple years ago and I used plain greek yogurt and raw honey to clear that up as well as brighten my complexion.
For those who has keloids from a bad piercing, I highly suggest tea tree oil.

Guest MakeupLover

If any one want a baby soft skin then try this simple homemade recipe..

take Glycerine and rose water in a bottle with same amount and add 1/4 of lemon juice ....shake them well and store this in refrigerator and try to finish in 1 week. Make a mixture in small amount so that you can finish the solution in 1 week....

Apply the solution with cotton bud on face except eyes at bed time daily.....after few days you will see glow, shine and softness in your skin.....

Guest hearthealer

Coffee, Sugar, Oats are all great for exfoliating, just mix with honey or yogurt and scrub away...a lot gentler thn store bought stuff...

I use a mask, made of yogurt, rice water and cucumber mash, mix it all up in a ziplock bag, chill it, and thn slather it all over your face with your fingers or a cold metal spoon...feels amazing in the summer and YOU CAN EAT THE LEFTOVERS :P Really works on whitening your skin, makes it a lot smoother and in my case when paired with cucumber slices on eyes, reduces my eyebags :P
Also, warm teabags on your eyes greatly reduce eye bags :)
And i've talked about this on soompi before, but boil some water, make sure it's bubbling not spurting, add in a few drops of lavender oils or rose oil and stick your face in the steam, it recreates a sauna for your skin and helps open the pores, thn use a cold (i use tap water or an icecube wrapped up) paper tower or face tower to wipe your face down, cleans out the pores and closes them up.
There...all my secrets revealed lol

Archived