Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2012] Cheongdamdong Alice / Alice in Cheongdamdong 청담동 앨리스

Replies

• padharipadhari Posts: 2,514Member

SUPERSTAR

endeavor. said:
    I'm not sure what the full details are but it seems like this drama is currently being surrounded by plagiarism allegations. 
    OMG!!!!!!No that's a bad news.  hope this project does not come to a halt coz of these allegations.  

I am really looking forward to PSH acting in this.  CA fighting!!!!
  • ReeseReese Posts: 144Member

IDOL

edited August 2012
    endeavor. said:
    I'm not sure what the full details are but it seems like this drama is currently being surrounded by plagiarism allegations. 
    aww Im sad :-(  

here's a korean news article bout it... huhu i hope someone can translate. 

I hope this accusation of plagiarism isnt true.. 

Im so excited to see these two together in a drama! 

kaeruchanMGYlove
  • nabinabi Posts: 1,486Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

SBS Refutes Plagiarism Allegations Made Against Upcoming Drama 'Cheongdam-dong Alice'

On August 30th, SBS refuted plagiarism allegations made against their upcoming scheduled weekend drama 'Cheongdam-dong Alice.'

Plagiarism allegations were made by the publisher of 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri' who revealed that preparations for a drama production of the novel have been ongoing for the past 2 years. "We made a contract with the author of 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri,' Lee Hye Kyung, and have been preparing for a drama production (of the novel). But after learning about SBS's 'Cheongdam-dong Alice,' we were surprised," adding, "the characters, setting, and (story) development are 90% similar to 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri.'"

SBS responded to the allegations saying, "Other than Cheongdam-dong in the title and the male protagonist being a CEO in the fashion industry, there are no similarities between 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' and 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri,'" adding, "It seems due to the similarity in the title, internet portal sites incorrectly publicized ('Oduri' as the original for 'Alice') and that is why this is happening."

According to officials from SBS, "During the past two years, writers Kim Ji Woon and Kim Jin Hee have been preparing 'Cheongdam-dong Alice.' Because there are no similarities in content (to 'Oduri'), we feel the allegations are absurd."

Meanwhile, SBS's 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' is Moon Geun Young and Park Shi Hoo's comeback drama. It will begin its broadcast in December following 'Five Fingers.'

source: TVReport & starin.edaily
    credits to and translations by Soompi Moons
    http://www.facebook.com/SoompiMoons

So 'Cheongam-dong Alice' is NOT based on the novel 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri' as previously reported in past articles and hence the confusion which led to allegations of plagiarism. Hopefully, these allegations don't negatively impact the drama's production.
    LyrayooluvbongtessierooOlga2010Ans

SUPERSTAR

edited August 2012

“Cheongdam-dong Alice” answers plagiarism charges

New SBS weekend Drama “Cheongdam-dong Alice” answered plagiarism charges.

The novel “Cheongdam-dong ohduri” created a market, and now it is alleging that the drama “Cheongdam-dong Alice” is plagiarizing it.

“Cheongdam-dong Alice” will star Moon Geun Young (25) and Park Si Hoo (34).  The heroine is a struggling designer who becomes the daughter-in-law of a rich family in Cheongdam-dong.

SBS “Cheongdam-dong Alice” and the novel “Cheongdam-dong ohduri” both use the place as the title and the profession of the male protagonist is the same — CEO of the fashion industry.  But that’s where the similarity ends and the drama does not encroach on the original work.

The writer of “Cheongdam-dong Alice” has been working on the script for two years and is aghast that somewhat similar content should lead to such charges.

“Cheongdam-dong Alice” is scheduled to be broadcast after “Five Fingers” in December.

source: newsis via nate

credit: http://parksihoo4u.com

luvbongLyrayoo
  • luvbongluvbong Posts: 189Member
    If 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' and 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri' have no similarities other than the title and the fashion industry CEO part, these allegations will be quickly dismissed. I don't see it delaying the drama's production.

I'm actually glad to hear this drama it isn't based on the novel. After reading the novel's storyline, I wasn't liking the whole making designer brand knock-offs part. Reminded me too much of 'Fashion KIng' and 'I do, I do.' Hopefully, this drama is a bit more original and not so cliche.
    Yslands Ynès

SUPERSTAR

edited September 2012

How is Moon Geun Young Preparing for Her Comeback in 2 Years in 'Cheongdam-dong Alice'?

Moon Geun Young is making her comeback in 2 years through SBS weekend drama ‘Cheongdam-dong Alice.’ With her comeback ahead of her, through excitement and nervousness, she is building her body.

One official said, “Because there is a lot of time remaining, it is a situation where this is still time to spare. To not be hasty, she is preparing one step at a time. While she is paying attention to character analysis, because she hasn’t filmed a drama in a long while, she feels the need to manage her fitness. Rather than having specific conceptions, the situation is for her to (currently) draw an overall sketch.”

Meanwhile, ‘Cheongdam-dong Alice’ is scheduled to be broadcast in December following ‘Five Fingers.’ 

source: Newsen
    credits to and translations by Soompi Moons
    http://www.facebook.com/SoompiMoons

luvbongtessierooMGYlovemikeymeeks
    nabi said:

Meanwhile, Park Shi Hoo and Moon Geun Young will make their comeback in the drama Cheongdam-dong Alice. In a generation that has given up on dating, marriage and childbirth, the drama is expected to be about a 'project to become a Cheongdam-dong daughter-in-law' and a romantist man's 'project to search for love which has become extinct.'

This plot sounds totally different from the initial ones news reports released earlier (probably because it was the plot to Cheongdam-dong Oduri rather than Alice). Given this short plot summary and how strongly SBS has responded to the plagiarism allegations, I don't think there was any plagiarism. I hope the Oduri team drops the allegations and doesn't let this go to court. Not liking the idea of having to resort to legal action to solve this. Cheongdam-dong Alice FIGHTING!!!
  • nas electionnas election uTOpiAPosts: 147Member

IDOL

So the story is not the same as the novel!! YAY. am not really keen on stories about fashion. Now i'm intrigue.. because this two writers has written good dramas I'm hoping this one will be great. Hope MGY comeback drama will be DAEBAK.. 
    lbbt.jpg
    I'm a VIP Blackjack Hottest Beauty Wonderful
  • ReeseReese Posts: 144Member

IDOL

edited September 2012

From moonslcub twitter: New cast for Cheongdomdong Alice ^0^ So Yi Hyun (my shining girl,KBSN 2012)(actress /model). 

source: NEWSEN

SUPERSTAR

edited September 2012
    Here's a brief summary and translation of So Yi Hyun's casting:

So Yi Hyun to Join Moon Geun Young and Park Shi Hoo in 'Cheongdam-dong Alice'

So Yi Hyun will star as the 2nd female lead in 'Cheongdam-dong Alice.' She will play the role of Han Se Kyung's (Moon Geun Young) alumni friend Seo Yoon Joo. Seo Yoon Joo has gone to any means since her high school days to make her entry into Seoul Cheongdam-dong, ultimately becoming a woman obsessed to be a 'Cheongdam-dong daughter-in-law.'

source: newsen

credit: Soompi Moons

• ad_faad_fa Posts: 2,019Member

SUPERSTAR

park shi hoo new drama..woah

rom com drama?it is awesome..

Please read the signature rules

• cikamoicikamoi Posts: 2,789Guest

SUPERSTAR

edited September 2012
    I will definitely watch Park Shi Hoo new drama   :x
    It's great to hear other news about this drama other than the plagiarism ones. I've never seen any of So Yi Hyun's dramas, so I can't really comment on her casting, but I'm looking forward to more casting news. If filming is to begin sometime in October, I would think they would finalize most of the secondary character castings by the end of September.
  • GHSforeverGHSforever Dahlia USAPosts: 3,604Member

LEGEND

so excited love MGY and watching princess man right now and PSH is very good loving them already cant wait ;)

Watching : Angel Eyes, High School Love On

Anticipating Movie : Daughter (Goo Hye Sun)

• LinweLinwe Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 618Member

IDOL

I hope the plagiarism case has been resolved?! PSH and MGY together is all my drama casting dreams answered! I don't care how the drama turns out...I'm in it till the end! :P
    Currently watching: You're All Surrounded
    Currently recovering from: Man who came from the Stars • Bride of the Century
    WHY IS THIS YEAR SO CRACKTASTIC?!?!
  • alekaonualekaonu MalaysiaPosts: 1,889Moderator

Annyeong everyone!!!

I'm so excited to discover this thread to find out that Moon Geun Young is paired with Park Shi Hoo, both are my fave actor and actress. @moonIsSquare me too, I started to like Park Shi Hoo since Prosecutor Princess but I missed My Princess' Man cos I hate sad stories :))  but I definitely wont miss this drama. I started to like Moon Geun Young since Cinderella Sister. Will be in this thread often :) Yeah!

Currently watching Fated to Love You, It's Ok That's Love, Temptation, Endless Love, The Three Musketeers, Discovery of Romance, Secret Hotel .......
    Going to start
    Yoona's Street, My Dear Cat, Joseon Gunman, Journal of the Night Watchmen, Surplus Princess The Mermaid......
    Obsessed with Sung Joon and Park Seo Joon in I Need Romance 3 and Witch's Romance Fall in love with Seo In Guk because of High School King!!! Fascinated by Jang Hyuk in Fated To Love You
    Waiting for My Lovable Girl, The Spring Day of My Life, Secret Door, Misaeng, The Greatest Wedding ......

SUPERSTAR

@Linwe: There hasn't been any recent articles about the plagiarism since the initial allegations and response by SBS to take legal action. So I'm guessing that is a good thing.

I believe the rest of the casting will be finalized soon. There are already a few rumors (from Moon's Korean fan sites) about some of the names linked to play the secondary characters. So hopefully, we'll get casting announcements and confirmations made soon.

SUPERSTAR

Fanmade poster for the drama :)

cr: sukey
    luvbongjoccuavihuxpadhari