HITSNY is a scam?

Guest minhyukkie

While it's advisable to take these complains w/ a grain of salt, let's not avoid the fact that these complaints exist. If you were an aspiring trainee and you were interested an a company, WOULDN'T you want some sort of warning that the company may not be what it seems; esp. when it costs thousands of dollars????

It's a shame though that HITSNY has this reputation, as in the beginning, I was asked to affiliate my brand (FBE) w/ them (for the purposes of promotion and instruction). I'm glad I declined, but I feel sorry for those who did affiliate themselves - instructors; volunteers; promoters; and anyone who got duped into this.
It's up to YOU to believe these testimonials or not, but do realize that you're being warned w/ these consumer reports. WHY would anyone go out of their way to trash HITSNY if it wasn't somewhat true? And on top of that, the hitsny.com site is gone.

So is their Facebook group. What does THAT tell you?

When you decide to audition for talent agencies, follow these guidelines:

1.) What is their reputation for discovering talent?
2.) How much is it a risk to you? Are you being asked for money up front w/o a detailed curriculum?
3.) Is there a way to contact them by phone or meet them in person to discuss details? If you end up w/ a concern, is there someone you can meet with to resolve it?
4.) Any paperwork you sign, have it notarized! 100% guaranteed to hold up in court.5.) If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

AFTERTHOUGHTS:

Do ppl want to be famous THAT BAD, that they overlook all the obvious signs that something may be a scam? Being an idol isn't what it's cracked up to be anyway, and I feel even the REPUTABLE companies all have their share of dirt. Rather the devil you know than the one you don't, I guess. The Music industry has alot of pitfalls, and you are a sitting duck if you don't educate yourself. Research.. research.. research! There are some who will give you all the knowledge you need w/o selling you a book or a website subscription; and there are some who are trying to make an honest living and have invaluable information to sell. But HITSNY's alleged practices not only makes talent agencies look bad; it makes Koreans look bad; and it makes ppl like myself (who pride themselves on being a historian; blogger; promoter; producer; and fan of K-Pop) look bad.

UPDATE:

There's a blog to share your testimonials in order to present a strong case against Lois Chun/Claire Lee, the one that allegedly scammed ppl out of thousands at a time! While the evidence seems overwhelming, be aware that we must still go by the guidelines of the Law - the accused is always innocent until proven guilty. If you're a victim, come forward and be 100% honest. We don't need sensationalism, or hyperbole to tip the balance in our favor; JUST THE FACTS.

http://sendloischuntojail.blogspot.com/p/victims.html#!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whitneychews

Yeah,  i actually made an audition video myself and uploaded it. After reading a post on tumblr , i quickly went to delete the video. HITSNY seemed pretty legit at first but then this happened . Something was already fishy when their Facebook got deleted. I still have a question in my head though. Are those HITSNY autograph fakes? Like they were always giving away free kpop idol autographs. All you had to do was vote for them in that YG competition thing.  So what do you guys think? Do you think those autographs were fake? 

• 1 month later...
Guest CodenameSailorV

Everyone, please tune into ABC news channel 7 tonight at 11pm to hear about the story of HITSNY, a scamming company in NY that stole $5,000 from my family this past summer. They also took over $7,000 from other families and then canceled the program without reimbursement, then virtually dissappeared. They use the guise of being in the KPOP business to manipulate young trainee hopefuls into signing up for their classes that are NOT REAL. I've been working hard on my own to pay back the money that they took from my family, but the more people that watch, hopefully the more action can be taken against the company and their head, Lois Chun. Please watch or tell others to watch tonight, ABC news channel 7 at 11pm! Thank you!!!!!

• 6 months later...
Guest gracekyu

wow.... and it seemed so legit! what happened for their first few months.... were there actually students being educated for the first few months, and that was it?

• 1 month later...
Guest shannieluv

They are a scammers. Although, I wasn't scammed by Lois Chun by becoming a trainee, she scammed me by promising me tickets. At the time, I didn't even know she was from HITSNY at all. I was scammed $800 by them during SMTOWN 2012 in Anaheim for 2 floor tickets... Apparently they used my money for SM's "US promotions", but that was obviously a lie. Assholes.

• 8 months later...
Guest Lois ChunJ

This question is well answered and proven by now. Those who are victims, witnesses, co-conspirators: please visit http://sendloischuntojail.blogspot.com/and let's start the discussion. We are a group of her victims seeking justice. 
Thank you!

Archived