Rurouni Kenshin Live Action Re-Release

Guest avinmichellie

Guest avinmichellie

Any Rurouni Kenshin Fans out there? They will be re-releasing Rurouni Kenshin with English subtitles this time, so you can catch it again in theaters. I already saw it without the subs, but I will definitely catch it again. For a live action, I thought it was one of the better ones, especially from a casting aspect.  Did anyone else watch it? ? More info and the official trailer: http://www.vingle.net/posts/43205-Ru...h-English-Subs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just watched this movie. It's awesome.

71TSk6x5wtL_zpse95a8953.jpg

Takeru Satoh looks good as Kenshin Himura. He somehow manage to pull off the Kenshin moves. The fighting scenes are great especially the one inside the library.

539110_3650595912031_1896835662_n_zpse1e36597.jpg

Think this comes from the OST cover... correct me if I'm wrong.

Cover_zpsa6b49e5a.jpg

The Cast

super-banner02_zps6153b39f.jpg

I'm going to wait for the movie torrent... I want to watch it again. The only thing that I can say with the english sub is, I think some translations are not that accurate or complete. But the movie is good, for me its 10/10. :-bd

Growing watching animes and Samurai X as one of my favorites, I'm glad the live action is a good one. So when is Part 2 :D

• 1 month later...

I watched this a bit ago, it's not bad for a live action at all. There are some things that are changed and I found weird, but I guess that is expected in order to fit some of the series into a 2 hour movie. I was greatly disappointed that Aoshi and the Oniwabanshu basically didn't exist at all.

I hope, and can only wish, they try to make a live action version of the first OVAs, would be prequel to this, and live up to it. Now that was a masterpiece. Rurouni Kenshin remains my favorite animation because of the first OVAs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alice86

I've heard that they will make a sequel and I can't wait for it. This movie is by far the best manga-to-live-action-adaption I've seen. Kenshin was perfectly cast with Takeru Sato, after some time I also got used to Kaoru, Megumi, Saito and Sano and found them acting well.
What positively surprised me as well were the action scenes. They really put a lot of effort into them, making them authentically as possible without failing to capture the essence of the manga. I usually thought that Japan isn't good at making action movies, like China and Hongkong, but this movie proved me wrong.

• 4 months later...

'DEATH NOTE' Actor Tatsuya Fujiwara Cast In 'RUROUNI KENSHIN' Sequel Films
Tatsuya Fujiwara, who portrayed Light Yagami in "Death Note" has joined the cast of the sequel to last summer's live-action "Rurouni Kenshin" film. Fujiwara will portray Shishio Makoto, villain of the "Kyoto Arc."
tatsuya_zpsfe452e5f.jpg

On the heels of our previous announcement that last summer's live-action "Rurouni Kenshin" film would be receiving two sequel films current set for release next summer comes fresh details about the film's villain. Actor Tatsuya Fujiwara, who portrayed Light Yagami in "Death Note" and Shuya Nanahara in "Battle Royale" will co-star as the insanely ferocious assassin Shishio Makoto in the sequel. The title of the two sequel films was also revealed, with the first sequel translating to "Rurouni Kenshin: The Great Kyoto Fire Arc" and "Rurouni Kenshin: The End of a Legend Arc." Keishi Ōtomo returns to direct both feature films for Studio Swan. The film will tell the story of the fabled "Kyoto Arc" of the original Nobuhiro Watsuki's original manga. The remaining supporting cast from the first film are expected to return as well. 
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=82576#DOCUtjKELRhAWoIr.99

• 1 month later...

Aoshi Shinomori And Sōjirō Seta Cast In Live-Action RUROUNI KENSHIN Sequel

Ryunosuke Kamiki (Big Man Japan, Summer Wars) will play Sōjirō Seta and Yusuke Iseya (Casshern, 13 Assassins) will play Aoshi Shinomori in the two sequels to 2012's live-action "Rurouni Kenshin" film.
By Mark Julian - 7/31/2013
Kamiki will play the Sōjirō Seta, who fans will remember is the young, right-hand man to Kenshin's main adversary in the film, Makoto Shishio, who will be portrayed by "Death Note" actor Tatsuya Fujiwara. Iseya will portray Aoshi Shinomori, the leader of the government faction of ninja assassins and agents, the Oniwabanshū. The two characters are reportedly set to feature in both sequel films, "Rurouni Kenshin: The Great Kyoto Fire" and "Rurouni Kenshin: The End of a Legend." Filming is currently underway for the back-to-back shoot with both films set for release next summer. 

Previously confirmed, the sequels will see the return of Takeru Satoh as Kenshin Himura and Keishi Ōtomo in the director's chair for Studio Swan. 

Credit: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=84589#iFAEaFbgOtTbT7T7.99 

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest chibiottoman

I watched the film, some months ago. How I feel? REGRET! Why haven't I ever watched the anime one?!

• 2 weeks later...

@chibiottoman, if you haven't read the manga, you should give it a try. It is epic.
I am waiting for the sequel too. The fight scenes were amazing.If only they can turn it into a live-action series. This will give them more room to actually develop the characters for those new to Rurouni Kenshin

• 2 weeks later...

YIPPPIEEEE !!!!
thanks God, i already live in Japan.
Since yesterday was the premiere in japan, i will be able to watch the movie in Sapporo this sunday. I hope my expectation will be going better like last year.
Two movie in two month ( Ruroni Kenshi : Kyoto Inferno released 01th agustus 2014 and Ruroni Kenshin The Legend Ends at 13th spetember) are the best thing in summer for this year :):D
Takeru Sato really fits as Kenshin and also Emma as kaoru :X
Since i am a fan of Kenshin and Shishio since i was five grade, i'm looking forward for the actor which is playing the role of shishio :D:)

Archived