Im hooked on Filipino foods, cant get enough it's so good & tasty

green papaya

Ive been hooked on filipino foods all summer, it's just what Ive been searching for the flavors are not spicey or hot like other SEA cuisines, but it seems they really like to use lots of  garlic, bagoong [fermented shrimp] , taro , fish sauce [patis] soy sauce, vinegar

lots of Pork dishes, I like the one called Dinuguan and Bopis and the pork adobo, chicken adobo

Beef Afritada [beef stew made from beef shank , carrots, potatoes, etc]

long beans with pork cooked with bagoong sauce

grilled Bangus & Tilapia fish, Milk fish

Ukoy [fried fritters made with vegetables, shrimp, etc]

rice cakes made with coconut milk called a Bibinka and Cassava cakes, yummy!

Peenoy food is getting very popular these days , I notice more and more restaurants are opening after Goldielocks closed

everything Ive tried was delicious! I also like the Balut [duck egg with a partiually incubated baby duck inside]

• 2 months later...

Wow those are delicious!! Filipinos like savory/tasty foods. And rice is usually served with those. We put lots of seasonings to heighten up the flavor that will suit to our tastes and preference. You should definitely try Chicken Inasal (chicken marinated with soysauce and other seasonings), Pork Sinigang (Pork in a sour soup)  and Halo-halo (a dessert made with shavings of ice, tapioca, milk etc). Those are super delicious too!

Guest playedescapade

I'm filipino but I don't know how to cook any filipino foods at all. Not even pancit.  :\">
Anyway, my favorite dish is chicken tinola. It's the best when it's cold or rainy.
J6Qg6.jpg

Guest kimchiday

thinking about pork adobo makes me hungry right now!
i love drinking their sinigang i believe o_o its like a really sour soup.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest soleil4177

our australian visitors at work tried a lot of filipino food when they were in town and they all loved anything cooked with coconut, especially laing. 

Guest So-Fly

playedescapade said: I'm filipino but I don't know how to cook any filipino foods at all. Not even pancit.  :\">
Anyway, my favorite dish is chicken tinola. It's the best when it's cold or rainy.
J6Qg6.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived