Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stretch marks on my torso .... worried about sex

saubertsaubert Posts: 75Member
edited August 2012 in the real world (20+ ONLY)
Okay I'm glad there's a 20+ only section LOL

I'm just curious to know if anyone has stretch marks on their thighs and butt and if that affects the way you view your own body, especially when naked. I used to be really chubby in high school and then lost a lot of weight/worked out while in college but I have stretch marks all over my torso and it's really embarrassing..even as a guy. It's becoming an insecurity 

I wonder if anyone has the same thing and if it's an insecurity for them? Like...I'd hate to see the person I'm with see all these white marks going down my body. It's just so hideous LOL.

I know there are threads about getting rid of them/making them less visual but there's hardly anything that works. The only option is laser removal. But even still, I hear a lot of people have stretch marks but I've always wondered if it was something you didn't really care about, or something you hated on your body.

fabrications.

Replies

• MKHnicMKHnic Posts: 330Member
    Sooo many people have stretch marks. Some people are just more prone to them, some people get them when putting on weight, some people get them when losing weight, something people get them from exercising and putting on muscle too fast.

It's probably not as hideous as you think. A lot worse things can be revealed when clothes come off.... if a girl already likes you a lot, I don't think she'd be too put off.

• saubertsaubert Posts: 75Member
    MKHnic said:
    Sooo many people have stretch marks. Some people are just more prone to them, some people get them when putting on weight, some people get them when losing weight, something people get them from exercising and putting on muscle too fast.

It's probably not as hideous as you think. A lot worse things can be revealed when clothes come off.... if a girl already likes you a lot, I don't think she'd be too put off.
    I hope not LOL, but I don't know, I feel like it's pretty bad. 
  • shufflepuckshufflepuck DutchlandPosts: 222Member

ROOKIE

Eh. Stretch marks are a part of life. 

When I went to some Muay Thai class there was this super muscular dude who had HUGE stretchmarks all over his shoulders/arms... Didn't stop him from being really confident ( and kicking my butt). 

I used to hate my stretch marks, but now I don't really care. 

If someone is offended/disgusted by my stretch marks... They must have lived an incredibly sheltered life. 

Besides... They're like a tiger tattoo XD And tigers are awesome.
    LieMinx
  • MKHnicMKHnic Posts: 330Member
    saubert said:
    MKHnic said:

I hope not LOL, but I don't know, I feel like it's pretty bad. 
    Even if they are.... I'd rather see stretch marks instead of other things... stretch marks are nothing! You stop seeing them after a while. Like I said there are much worse things... personally I'd be turned off by cystic acne all over someone's body, giant hair moles, offensive tattoos... but stretch marks? That wouldn't bother me and I don't think they'd bother many other people either.

• coolhandlecoolhandle Posts: 101Member
    Lie said:
    The logical, thoughtful replies in this thread are a good example of where the fact that this is in the 20+ forum shows haha. After 20 (especially 25+), I think honestly most people stop caring about small stuff like that. I'd rather be with a girl that was covered in acne or stretchmarks and treats me really well, I have tons of fun with, etc. than a girl who was physically flawless but not that nice of a person.
    Amen to that! 
    =D>
    Thanks everyone!! I'm just going to start to accept them and let them do their thing. You guys are right about that, I wonder if anyone will really be that nit picky to really judge me on that. I guess I was looking for reassurance on the matter.

• NinsharkNinshark I like crabs Posts: 1,373Member

IDOL

lol, look at your progress though! I don't even know what you're worrying about! I'm still fat! Maybe when I have those stretch marks, I'll be happy about the weight I lost...if ever. =0
    saubert
  • dolcedor.dolcedor. Posts: 2,626Member

IDOL

I have stretch marks on my butt but they've faded to white. I got them during puberty. I'm actually not self-conscious about them; I realize that pretty much everyone has stretch marks so it's kind of like a norm. Stretch marks on guys don't bother me either. I don't even think anything of it; as in, it's a complete non-issue.
    saubert
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,094Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

At my age, it's not about stretch marks.  It's about wrinkles and sagging skin.

Ninshark said:
    lol, look at your progress though! I don't even know what you're worrying about! I'm still fat! Maybe when I have those stretch marks, I'll be happy about the weight I lost...if ever. =0

LOL don't say that! I'm sure you're fine :D
    dolcedor. said:
    I have stretch marks on my butt but they've faded to white. I got them during puberty. I'm actually not self-conscious about them; I realize that pretty much everyone has stretch marks so it's kind of like a norm. Stretch marks on guys don't bother me either. I don't even think anything of it; as in, it's a complete non-issue.
    Awesome, I just wan't sure how others felt about the topic. If it is so common that it un-phases people, then I shouldn't worry about much @_@! I'll try not to lol.
  • xstarBURSTxstarBURST no. somewhere in a box.Posts: 4,719Member

IDOL

I'm not bothered by the stretch marks on my body. Im more bothered by the scars I got from my appendiciectomy and the dog bite scars.
  • dot.dot. Posts: 513Member
    I was seeing a guy once and he had stretch marks on his bottom but i did not mind the slightest because I had quite a crush on him. Don't worry about it, nobody is going to worry about small things like stretch marks :)

• daRingsdaRings Posts: 1,085Member

IDOL

LOL we have the same problem,
    got them on my lovehandles.. >.<
    must be coz i gained weight on my torso,
    it's also a bother, and looks ugly.

ur a guy, so it probably doesnt matter to girls as much?
    on a girl its a different story...

anyways, try BIO OIL, i use that...or just regular moisturizing lotion. rub it twice a day, it might take months to see results though.
    but it's a worth a try.
    Latest kdrama addiction of 2012: GHOST
    watch it! it's awesome! :)
  • sheLLiJiElUnsheLLiJiElUn WOAHjunsubabyUH! Here and there. There and here.Posts: 3,811Member
    I don't really have stretch marks, but I have some varicose veins on my upper thighs that used to really bug me. I used to think I was the only one, but there have been times where I have brought it up and I find out that many other people actually have stretch marks/varicose veins even though it doesn't seem like it. We are just more aware of our body, but it is so common really.
    My Requests
    Hollywood Bowl
    I'm not single, I'm just romantically challenged
    we may not raise enough money to change the world, but we may be able to raise enough people to change the world. image
  • jvalentineshinjvalentineshin USAPosts: 7Member
    Try using bio-oil and also mederma. Both are designed to fade scars and stretch marks. I also used to have stretch marks but they're barely here anymore. :)
  • KneeKnee NorwayPosts: 181Member
    I have stretch marks on the insides of my shoulders from lifting and my girlfriend has stretch marks on her thighs from when she started developing. The point is, it's very common and it doesn't ever register as something ugly or even noticable for us.