How did you and your boyfriend/girlfriend get together?

Guest Sabrina1430291727

Guest Sabrina1430291727

Hi you guys!I'm curious if anybody had some adorable stories about how you and your lover got together :3 
I'll share you guys my story! Me and my boyfriend knew each other in middle school but we didn't speak that often to each other. Around 9th grade we started talking a bit more cause of our other friend, John who would ask to hangout with us often. We started talking more and more each day, and I started to have some feelings for him but I wasn't so quite sure. More months passed and that feeling began to go away and I just continued on with everything like I never had feelings for him. We started to talk more on skype, he would do the sweetest things for me, he would play the guitar for me, play the piano, help me with my homework, listen to my problems. But we were just being friendly to each other back then. One day, John asked to hang out again, so as always I went to his house willy nilly not thinking of anything. While John was playing games, he would sit down next to me and we would watch videos on Youtube and such. I would lean my head on his shoulder and just watch the videos with him and not think of anything, I'd just laugh with him. After I got home and turned my laptop then got on face facebook, John started messaging and spamming me like crazy! He was like: "omg omg sabrina I have to tell you something." I was confused and I was like: "What? Is something wrong?" and he finally said that Leon had a crush on me. I was confused at first cause I didn't know how to react to that. I haven't thought about him in months. Still shocked, I still continued to hang out with him normally. However, we would have more private conversations. He would call me personally and we would talk for hours at a time. At that time, the feelings began to develop. He continued to do sweet things for me, even wrote a letter for me on Valentines day. Two months later his birthday was coming up, and I thought I would take it as a opportunity to tell him, cause John told me to go for it. I didn't have the guts to do it in person so... just like in the dramas... I wrote it in a letter. My heart was like POUNDING for the 2 hours cause I didn't know what his response could be and I could be risking our friendship. He texted me back saying: "I liked you too..." and at that moment, I was screaming and giggling like a little girl. :D Turns out, when I gave him the letter, he had something prepared for me too. :33 hehe3 months later, we're still going strong and its only the beginning ^_^

Guest hellokatie1618

We met at a Diversity BBQ at our university. (You know one of those fake sort of diversity clubs that only have Asian people in it but like no one else except the odd black or white person). My friend Xao dragged me along, and I didn't really want to go because I didn't want to be clumped up with a bunch of Asian people. I didn't want to be known as someone who just hung out with Asian people. (I hate people like that, why can't you have all different sorts of friends?) Anyway, some people were playing badminton, and I rocked the court for a good hour in a sweatshirt, but I was too lazy to wear a shirt underneath, so I was sweating and couldn't take it off, so I was just a hot mess. I went to go get some food and sat down at a table, trying to look as insignificant as possible. I look up and see this really cute Irish red head with freckles, and nice muscles :3 .... you know..he sees me accidentally look at him and smiles and I look down and eat my food, because he was talking to this super hot black girl next to him and I was all sweaty and gross and probably had bbq sauce on my face or something. I couldn't help looking at him though! I knew him indirectly as the track star that liked to read (which is such a turn on for me, since I love reading). He would always look back at me and give me a quizzical smile and I would look down at my plate again. He finally scooted over and started talking to me out of the blue. Asking me if I had a boyfriend and then for some reason, even going on to say that he could get me any boy on campus. I shook my head and said no thank you. I of all people stammered. I started to blush and cover my face and then when I uncovered it, his chair was right next to mine and I squeaked. We ended up talking the whole picnic and afterwards too. He even gave me a ride back to my dorm. We hung out two days later; been together for a while now, and now we're engaged.

Guest MKHnic

I met my husband through language exchange because I was interested in Korean culture and language. I had lots of Korean friends but they had all gone back to Korea so I was wanting to make some new friends.

A small group of people met and hung out and that evening had dinner together. My husband was apparently already very much interested in me.

At one point I mentioned that I love Big Bang and G-Dragon is my favourite. He proceeded to tell me that he has the same family name as G-Dragon and is related to him and he can introduce me to him. I knew that many people had that family name so I told him I didn't believe him but he insisted because there is the big family book of all the family members and he can trace how he is related to GD. I knew he'd never really be able to introduce me but he made me laugh. He asked me out properly later that night. I said no, but kept meeting him and soon we were dating.

He tries to change the subject whenever I ask when I can meet G-Dragon these days.

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

He was my first crush in elementary school, but in fourth grade, he moved away to Korea. I made him a Korean flag card and had everyone in the class sign it, but figured he would forget me once he left. As time passed on, I stopped asking my parents about him.

For high school, he moved back to America in the same state but to a different town. He assumed he lost all his elementary school friends, and they forgot about him while I just didn't even know he was back in America. A few months ago, he's looking through his friend's prom pictures and sees me in them. He didn't recognize my face, but he recognized my name (it's spelled really unusually), and realized his friend is someone who goes to my church.

Once I found out, I friended him on facebook. He invited me out with our mutual friend the first time, and then the second time wanted a one-on-one meeting. We found out that day we were both each other's crushes, and never forgot each other. He kept looking at the Korean flag card I made him when he was in Korea. And I found out he also never kissed a girl before. We kept talking and hung out another time, and at the end of the day during the thunder storm when he was holding my hand to calm me down (I hate thunder), he asked me, "Do you trust me?" I said "Yes," unsure why he asked, and then he kissed me. It's cute for him to say his first crush is now his first kiss. :3

• 3 months later...

I met my girlfriend in online chat, and she's from Philippines. even if we're miles apart. i still want to be sweet to her, like giving her flowers, chocolates and gifts. I found www.Manilaflorist.com in google. Since it's my first time to order in onlineshop I go to their customer support to get some assistance and suggestions and i asked them if what's the ideal flower for the special girl in my life. and they suggested a very elegant arrangement, I immediately place an order to them. I asked them to deliver it on 6:00 in the morning, and it was delivered on time. My girlfriend really loved the flowers. She was very happy and surprised at the same time. The customer support representative was very polite and i feel comfortable when i talk to them. It was a very good experience ang you did a great job!

Guest aldehydes

He came into my room and introduced himself during move-in day at our dorm. Turns out, his room was directly across from mine. I immediately noticed that he was cute and confident, but he definitely wasn't the type I could see myself dating. We ended up becoming friends with benefits, and he would constantly come over to my room to hang out. I actually got really annoyed by it and constantly complained to my best friend about how he wouldn't leave me alone. He started trying to hold my hands and hug me in public, so I had to sit him down and tell him that we were just friends. He said he understood, but he kept trying to get me to like him anyways. Eventually I warmed up to the idea of having him around and finally agreed to go out on a date with him. I was really wary at first, especially with this being his first real relationship and all, but it's been over a year since we started dating. I've been in longer relationships before, but he's by far the best boyfriend I've ever had.

Guest f0reveralways

I met him in o-chem. On the first day of class, I was running late and just grabbed the first empty seat I found. Then I saw him. He was sitting directly across from me at my lab bench. Oh he was so cute! haha. In my head, I was like "Yes! This is going to be a good semester." Unfortunately, we only ended up having little interactions here and there. Like we would talk when we were waiting to use lab equipment... or he waved bye at me once when we were leaving class. haha.

The semester ends. I transfer schools. We lose contact.

A year later, he messages me on facebook. At the time, I'm in another country for a service trip and he's still dealing with finals. He tells me he's transferring to my school and asks how it's like there. I'm like oh okay awesome, and tell him about my experience. By then, my interest in him had drastically waned. In fact, I was dating someone else at the time! I thought nothing more of my little fb chats with him as just friendly encounters.

We ended up both taking summer session so one day, he suggests that we should catch up in person. I agree, but got totally confused since our outing felt like a date. He picked me up.. he paid.. we got ice cream.. I don't know. The whole date vibe was there. I was thrown off. What's going on? Is he interested in me? A few days pass, he asks to see me again. This time his intentions were much more clear since he surprised me with a bouquet of roses :)

Over the next few weeks, we go on several more dates and he ends up admitting that he had a crush on me back when we first met in o-chem! Apparently, he was too shy to talk to me and actually thought I was dating another one of our classmates. I had a tendency to be late to that class (it met at like 7:30 in the morning..) and he told me he would notice whenever I came in. His friend would nudge him like "hey. She's here. She's here" when I arrived. haha. I thought that was adorable. I can't believe I never noticed. lol.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

I met him two years ago on the first day of my sophomore year, we had a good mutual friend and he knew pretty much a lot of the other people in our grade since the majority of students at my high school attended the same middle school as him. We didn't interact much, only when we had our mutual friend around. 
Fast forward to junior year, I was in a big slump and only had my ex bestfriend at that time. My ex friend wanted me to hang out with his friends he recently became acquainted with, turns out my now boyfriend hung out with my ex best friend. I eventually started crushing on him. When my best fiend threw a party much crush and I were baking brownies while everyone else downstairs were drinking. We bonded over the brownies and conversation got a lot more comfortable. Later through the night he started just cuddling with me and when I was about to leave he asked me out, the thing is at that time I didn't know whether he genuinely liked me or whether it was just the alcohol speaking for him so I just gave him a kiss and rejected him, even though I didn't want to lol.
I thought he was just drunk but after going on a camping trip with our friends a week after the party it turns out he was being genuine, after that we just pretty much hooked up and about two weeks later we just agreed we were pretty much already dating so yeah, technically no one asked anyone out. . 

I saw my boyfriend for the first time during my freshman year of high school, and he was running the mile on the track and my best friend and I were admiring his hair as he was running (weird, I know haha.) We wanted to get to know who he was and stuff, so we decided to befriend him on myspace. Started talking, and me being the silly shy Asian girl didn't accept any of his offers when he offered to take me out to dances or group outings. So we lost contact, but occasionally messaged each other still throughout the years. He's a year older than I am, so after he graduated high school I never thought I would even see or hear from him again. But low and behold one day we ran into each other during a group event, and we started to hang out more after that. After only a month after we started hanging out, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I guess he couldn't hold it in any longer since he's been waiting 5 years for that day to happen. LOL jk. But anyways, meeting each other again that day was probably the best day of my life. I love him so much, and we've been together for 2 years.

Guest hearthealer

We were best friends since first yr at university, and apparently he really really liked me, he just never said anything....and we were constantly joking around saying things like "I hate you..." "Really?!, mutual affection, i hate you too...", we hung out at study dates that rarely got studying done...and we talked about everything, shared a lot of information and secrets about ourselves with each other, we were really close. Anyway, apparently he liked me all that while and just decided on his own, that he was friendzoned and figured better to stay her friend thn lose her forever....I, also really liked him, but given that he's younger thn me, decided to take the role of the "mature" sister/mentor/bestfriend. So we both spent a few years dating other people, on my side, all of them were mistakes -____-
ANYWAY, towards the end of our 3rd yr at university, he was going a pretty tough breakup, but realized that while he was unhappy, he wasn't really devastated at ending a long-term relationship, and at the same time, it KINDA dawned on him that I liked him, or else i wouldn't spend days and evenings talking to him or hanging out with him...
So after his messy breakup, we were hanging in my dorm room just chilling and talking utter crap as always, and he asked me which of us was better....and i said me...he told me if i didn't tell him the correct answer, he would kiss me....(obviously he's the smarter one...graduating uni with 2 science degrees at 19 is no easy feat) and i kept saying me and each time i did, he inched closer. He took too long and i lost my nerve...so i ended the "chicken" game.
Few hours of lazing later, evening time, room was dark and we were talking and inching closer to each other, thn he started nuzzling me, and i reciprocated, and thn he kissed me once....thn we kissed...just pecks on the lips really...and thn we had a good convo over dinner about what was gonna happen from there on out...
He kissed me twice cause apparently after the first kiss, he still wasn't convinced that he finally had me.
We've just celebrated 20 mths together...and are still mutually crazy over each other...i'm so lucky.... 

Guest Insomnolence

Although we are sadly over because of distance.. We met through school! It was kind of unusual though.. In freshmen year, I had no friends in my math class. On Facebook, some guy constantly messaged me about math homework.. And I could never match up his face to his name.. A month in, he realized that I didn't know who he was so he played little mind games with me every math class. I ended up getting his number and he would text me to turn around, write a note and write "pass it to -his name-" and pass it backwards. He would text me what I wrote.. I honestly don't know how I couldn't figure out who he was.. But it was a huge class! I kind of fell for him as this went on and I didn't even know who he was.. It was insane haha. On my birthday, he surprised me with a huge stuffed animal in my locker and I turned around and there he was. I had no idea who he was at first but it was quite a surprise to find out he was my secret lover.. And it went on from there ^_^

Guest pompomm

at school. at first i just wanted to be friends with him because hes those type of smart guys and i needed help doing my homework. i eventually fell for him because oh gosh he was the sweetest nerd. *sigh* college. the old days. now hes a lazy bum like me.

I met my boyfriend at my cousin's Graduation Party. 
He stole my first dance and my heart. 
He took my phone and put down his number and before he left he gave me his jacket 
as a promise that he'll come to me the next day-- and he did :) 

Been together for a good 3 years. 
Love at first site do exist. 

Archived