"A Midsummer Night's Dream" Contest: Win a Brown Eyed Girls Shout-Out and Appear in Their Video!

Hey Soompiers!

The Brown Eyed Girls are back, and this time it's a gorgeous ballad! "A Midsummer Night's Dream" was composed by BEG's Jea and Kim Baksa (who composed the soundtrack to "The Moon that Embraces the Sun"). The music video portrays a beautiful love story that matches the sweet, contemplative tone of the song. Now the Brown Eyed Girls are giving you a chance to create your own story. Tell us about your midsummer night's dream, using photo or video, and you could win a personalized video shoutout from the Brown Eyed Girls and an autographed CD! Oh, and the winning entries will be included in a special Brown Eyed Girls' video! Wow!

This contest is open to all registered Soompiers. Here's how to enter:

1. Fill in the blank of this sentence: "My midsummer night's dream is ______." Use an original photo or video to describe your midsummer's night dream. Be as creative as possible! (Yes, the photo can be your original artwork or photography.)
  2. Post your entry in this forum thread. You must post your photos and videos so that they appear in the thread, rather than simply pasting in a link.
  3. Share the article or forum thread on Facebook or tweet "I want to win #BrownEyedGirls "A Midsummer Night's Dream" contest @soompi http://bit.ly/MwIeNi"

Soompi and Nega Network will pick five winners. Our choices will be based on merit, but we will give special consideration to those entries which have received a lot of votes on the forums, as seen on the bottom right corner of the posts. We encourage you to share your entry on Facebook and/or Twitter to tell your friends about the contest, and tell them to vote for you! You can link them directly to your entry by clicking the chain icon on the upper right corner of the post.

Screen-Shot-2012-07-20-at-11.08.42-PM1-5

We will accept entries until Thursday, August 2, 11:59 PM KST. That's two weeks for you to get the Brown Eyed Girls to give you a personalized shoutout, an autographed CD, and the chance to appear in their video! If your entry is going to appear in a real K-Pop video, it had better be high quality! Get creative! Good luck!

(We hope everyone will enter the contest, but those of you who are feeling a little low on creativity can still have a chance to get an autograph from one of the Brown Eyed Girls. Soompi Shop is selling a special Brown Eyed Girls package including a BEG cap, custom pencils, and four photos, one of which will be autographed by Jea, Ga In, Miryo, or Narsha! This offer ends on Saturday, August 4, so get your orders in while you can!)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jonahmurillo

My midsummer night's dream is to have the Brown Eyed Girls or any of my Everlasting friends around the world, take a walk with me on the beach.

IMG_20120718_181523.jpg

Guest MD_Son

n601908682_709976_4008.jpg My midsummer night’s dream is to buy a home which has a beautiful seascape.In daytime, when I were sitting next to the windows, I could enjoy the onshore wind and watch windsurfing.At night, I could see the lights of the ferries and cruise-ships  shinning the sea like stars.

Guest livianyap1430291709

555912_4135037650692_22234287_n.jpgMy midsummer night’s dream is to get a boat and sailing in the sea with my Mr.right.It doesn`t matter how small the boat is,as long as we can be together,that is enough.Listening to Midsummer night`s dream and spend our own sweet time on board whole night. Enjoy the time without any disturbance. 
*I`m single right now that`s why it is my midsummer night dream... >~<
Everlasting <3 Brown Eyed Girls forever!
Neganetwork Fighting!! 
(Photo: 100% Originality !! )
Twitter : https://twitter.com/LivianYap/status/227057395032018945====================================================================================
I wish i can get this to add in my BROWN EYED GIRLS CD/DVD Collection!! <3언니들~Please Come To Malaysia!!! <3 <3
Love you!! 
Soompi Fighting!551213_4142884246852_7994991_n.jpg
Thank you for resolved the problem!!
Soompi is really high efficiency!

Guest Leon1430291709

My midsummer night’s dream is a clean planet for years to come, so that future generations will be able to see the beauty in this world just like I did.

photocontest.jpg

Guest montszz

415888_3120159003598_721256202_o.jpgMy midsummer night's dream is to find a person who will stay by my side no matter what happened. Even if I do not say anything, but also can understand both my sadness and happiness. I want to have a stroll which is hand in hand with this person on the beach. While strolling , the breeze and the sand under the feet make me feel comfortable :)(* The picture above has 3 people. The person who posing the letter " L" and " E" is me :-P , hahaa)

Guest KeehlKandaInes

558225_258084334305591_1272898497_n.jpg

« My midsummer night’s dream is to become again a child to be able to take a eraser and erase the misfortunes of my life then use a pencil to redraw it. ♥ »

Not long ago, an event has totally destroyed my life and made me suffer my mother, my brother and me. I just want to erase that moment to see again the smile drawn on the face of my mother and return to loving brother with whom I grew up. I'd give anything to receive this eraser and realize this midsummer night’s dream.

I have found  this sentence tanks to the song « Come With Me ». Thanks Brown Eyed Girls. Please, continue to do perfect music. ♥

- I don't have photo where I'm with my mother and my brother but I have a lot a photo with my brother. Then I took this photo because it is so cute for me and have many memories ♥ -

Guest miyapahnda

430179_330473020327997_1166082841_n.jpg
"My midsummer night’s dream is only to see people I like happy."
It is not a very imaginative dream for everyone, but for me it is really important. A smile is a very beautiful thing. A smile make people smile too and make me smile. During the summer, I would like to see my friends and my family happy and to spend the best moment of my life, surrounded by people I like who are happy and who are smiling, laughing and having fun.

Guest agentdevil5656

My midsummer night's dream is to be together with my family. My father lives in Asia while my mother and my brothers are scattered in the US. The last time we were together was in Paris was 6 months ago. I would love to be together with everyone, no matter where in the world. Any place is a great place, as long as I am with my family.
(everything in the video was filmed by me)**edit.. I don't know why the video won't show up? It shows up in my comment. But not when posted.

Guest juanzi-hettychan

This is a present i gave to two my best friends in college for their last birthdays. It was very sad that i sent one of them to Melbourne for further study tonight which is a real midsummer night. And the distance is too long to meet easily between another friend and me. Perhaps i will leave my country for study soon. So my midsummer night's dream is our three can get together again with our own successes 2 or 3 years later in their birthdays.We could watch this short vedio together and recall our happy time during these valuable 4 years.I believe our friendship will last forever.

Guest kenken5o4

My midsummer night's dream is to have a fun adventure with Brown Eyed Girls that takes me away from my everyday boring life. Going on a fun adventure would be a nice change. :D All I could wish is to go on a super fun adventure! I want an adventure that makes me feel like I'm flying and makes me feel happy. It would be wonderful to get such feelings. :D

The video is 100% done by me!

Proof I posted on twitter:

"I want to win #BrownEyedGirls "A Midsummer Night's Dream" contest @soompi http://t.co/CBFLAvIM"

— kenny nguyen (@kenny_samaaa)

July 24, 2012

:D
PLEASE vote for me!! This video was really hard to make!!!

Guest meganlucy

watch?v=4PyCKNMr39o&feature=player_embedMy Midsummer Night's Dream is to fall in love.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who has this dream! I hope my video can relate to all the ladies out there!
*All of the art work was done my me!*
BEG FIGHTING!!! Saranghaee <3watch?v=4PyCKNMr39o&feature=player_embed

watch?v=4PyCKNMr39o&feature=youtu.beiframe%3E

Guest meganlucy

Wahh! I dont understand why my video won't show up. I've been fighting with this for like an hour trying to figure it out but its not working! I hope the admins/judges understand
:-<

Guest meganlucy

watch?v=4PyCKNMr39o&feature=player_embedMy Midsummer Night's Dream is to fall in love.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who has this dream! I hope my video can relate to all the ladies out there!
*All of the art work was done my me!*
BEG FIGHTING!!! Saranghaee <3watch?v=4PyCKNMr39o&feature=player_embed

watch?v=4PyCKNMr39o&feature=youtu.beiframe%3E

Guest sunfire13

My Midsummer Night's Dream is to be who I am and do what I love the most.

To break free from the chains that imprisoned me in my fear.

And to celebrate life to it's fullest capacity :)

The artwork is 100% made by me,the pictures are also taken by me.Danceofthefairies.jpgMoonlight.jpg

Guest nodokaasia

concoursbeg3-redim.jpg?t=1343346112

"My midsummer night's dream is being able to fly and feel free."

By day, I could catch whatever I want and see wonderful landscapes from all over the world. By night, I could sleep on smooth clouds and being closer to the moon.But more than everything: I could reach for my dreams.

(Proof I posted on Twitter : https://twitter.com/Souchou31/status/228638170080747520 )

Guest mutuada

db4d9721956437c2303dd76537ae5792
My midsummer night's dream is the day will start again. My photo is same that mean too. If you see the sun is rising on the sky and it has bird on roof, it mean the day start and include everyone and both human, animals and plants too. Brown eyed girls is same the days start again for me because i wait them release their song that it doesn't same the other groups. Their song make me know innovation.So i love them so much and love everything of them. <3

DSC_0565.jpgDSC_0565.jpgDSC_0565.jpg

My midsummer night's dream is to diminish the distance between all my friends and I, in order to enjoy a summer of recollections, friendship, and love. Because of our (high school) graduation last month, everyone is going their way and it gets harder to see each other, making it my midsummer night's dream! The prizes from the Soompi + Nega Network contest are truly a midsummer night's dream come true as well! Thank you for the contest and I hope I'm one of the 5 winners to have their summer dreams come true!
For the video, I inspired myself on the Brown Eyed Girl's music video for "한 여름 밤의 꿈 (A Midsummer Night's Dream)", where Narsha is telling the story of the music video through a book! I'm also telling mine through a book and with the use of audio as well. I re-wrote some of the lyrics to the song in order to fit my midsummer night's dream and sang it as well! (the lyrics I wrote are in no way a translation of the original) Here are the lyrics in case it's hard to read from the book on my video:

"Baby,
Will we meet again, maybe?
Realize this dream of mine, can we?
Relive our tender memories of countless summers ago

Grant me my wish
Make tonight unforgettable
Everlasting like our memories, don’t let go

As time is ticking,
It’s like we could talk on forever
Thank you for your love, baby you have my love
Trust me"

The hand model is my sister and I hope you enjoyed my submission! :D Please vote for me!

Once again, thank you Soompi and NegaNetwork for providing us BEG fans with such amazing opportunities!

- Alvy

Guest lydia hyuna

My midsummer night’s dream is that my dream realise !
My dream is to help people in difficulty ! 
539020_444577262249197_622363801_n.jpg
    We can help the world become better !! .

Archived