[DRAMA INFO]

Title: City Conquest/ Conquest of the City
Korean: 도시정벌
Genre: Action, Drama, Romance
Episodes: 20

Broadcasting Network: KBS2

Release Date: First Half 2013
Shooting Date: July 10 2012

Directed by: Yang Yoon Ho (Iris, Fighter In The Wind, Holiday)

Written by: Hwang Joo Ha (Spotlight, Lie To Me)

Produced by: Baek Jin Dong of BAEK MEDIA (Iris, Athena)

[sYNPOSIS]

Derived from a popular manwha (manga) 'City Conquest' by Shin Hyung Bin and was illustrated by Kim Jong Seon (first published last June 9 1997). Baek Mir (Kim Hyun Joong) grew up with a rough childhood. Abandoned by his parents when he was young made him bitter about the world he lives in. He lives in a place where prostitutes are all over the place. Baek Mir hates the dirty doings of the officials in his country and swore to himself to stop them with his own fists. When he was 17 yrs old, his father (Kim Seung Woo) came back. When he started to live with his father, he didn't cope up well at the beginning. During his highschool days, he met several friends and one of them is Tae Soo Min (Unannounced). They became close, so close that Soo Min fell in love with him. When Baek Mir's father died, his whole world almost tore apart and his determination to take down the filthy society grew much stronger. He fell in love with a lady name Lee Dan Bi (Jung Yoo Mi) who is a jewelry designer and has the kindest heart. Dan Bi has a loyal suitor Cha Ji Ryong who apparently became Baek Mir's ultimate rival.

[CASTS]
Baek Mir 백미르 (Kim Hyun Joong)

ncaypc.jpg

Lee Dan Bi 이단비 (Jung Yoo Mi)

14vtth2.jpg

Cha Ji Ryong 차지룡 (Nam Goong Min)

29p5gjl.jpg

Baek Seung Hyun
백승현 (Kim Seung Woo)
[baek Mir's Father]

vywrie.jpg

Park Kwang Ya 박광야 (Park Hyo Jun)
[baek Mir's Best Friend]

2cp6k8y.jpg

Choi Cheol Ho as Cha Song Kwang's Subordinate

14do7eo.jpg

Cha Song Kwang 차성광 (Kim Young Ho)
[Cha Ji Ryong's Father]

2yy3xi8.jpg

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[NEWS] The Kim Hyun Joong Effect 'City Conquest' Already Sold 11.8 Billion Overseas Sales

1335832214105_1_103217.jpg
Source: Inews24 Korean to English Translation: Cheezeemelt (http://www.cheezeemelt.blogspot.com/) PLEASE DO NOT TAKE CREDITS OUT when REPOSTING, THANKS!
With Kim Hyun joong's appearance in the drama 'City Conquest' has been finalized, it's already recieving hot attention from overseas. Kim Hyun Joong's agency Key East said on the 4th, 'Kim Hyun Joong being casted for the drama 'City Conquest', alot of international buyers became interested'. Copyright interests for the drama continues, it already reached to an amount close to 11.8 billion won (10 million dollars)'
Being Kim Hyun Joong as the lead role and the record sales is not yet at its full scale, the situation already achieved such accomplishments. Kim Hyun Joong being popular hallyu star both domestically and internationally is now getting evident. In fact, in 2012 Kim Hyun Joong starred from MBC's 'Playful Kiss' back in 2012 sold to 11 countries in Asia such as Thailand and Philippines and it reached as one of the top dramas ever established in the history.
'City Conquest''s representative Baek Jin Dong said ' In 4 asian countries Japan, China, HK and Taiwan, they nearly completing the 10million contract agreement with an execeptional condition thanks to Kim Hyun Joong' 'City Conquest''s story is when Baek Mir as a child was left by his parents. He will destroy the evil society as a revenge.
Km Hyun Joong is expected to have a 180degrees transformation to give justice to his character Baek Mir who is strong and tough outside but weak inside.
Kim Hyun Joong's agency Key East said ''Despite having his Asia fanmeeting internationally and domestically, He's been training in order meet the overwhelming interest. Please give a lot of support and cheer as  Kim Hyun Joong shows his more fully developed appearance"
Soon after it's main cast completion, they will begin shooting early of July in Japan.

Guest arased11

I heard that the broadcasting network is unconfirmed. I heard that it was going to air in SBS but nothing is confirmed. Let's hope that it doesn't air in a JongPyun channel! ...And the cast...is Tae Soo Min even included in the story? Why no news? Well, i'm pretty sure she's included since Cha Ji Ryong Only looks up to her. I hope the drama will be successful!

[NEWS] Nam Goong Min in 'City Conquest' After 1 Year Comeback
20120619082226740a4_082024_0.jpg
Source: OSEN Korean To English Translation: Cheezeemelt (www.cheezeemelt.blogspot.com PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OUT CREDITS WHEN REPOSTING. THANKS!
Actor Nam Goong Min a surprise comeback to small screen after a year.
After MBC's 'Can You Hear My Heart' he held a fanmeeting in japan that received so much love, Nam Goong Min now is casted in drama 'City Conquest' and is expected to capture hearts in Asia.
'City Conquest' reborn as a drama where Baek Mir played by Kim Hyun Joong was abandoned by his parents and will blame his father and will take his revenge to the society. The drama will be directed by Yang Yunho who directed the drama 'Iris' and movie 'Holiday' and will be written by Wang Joo Ha who also wrote 'Lie To Me' and 'Spotlight'.
In 'City Conquest' because of Nam Goong Min's father, he lost his mother and will be torn between hatred and ambition. The female lead is a reminiscent of his mother and in the future will show affection and will play the character of 'Cha Ji Ryong' showing an impacting transformation.

I heard that the broadcasting network is unconfirmed. I heard that it was going to air in SBS but nothing is confirmed. Let's hope that it doesn't air in a JongPyun channel! ...And the cast...is Tae Soo Min even included in the story? Why no news? Well, i'm pretty sure she's included since Cha Ji Ryong Only looks up to her. I hope the drama will be successful!

Guest HJaddict

wohooooo....so excited about this drama...can't for its DVD...Hope that you guys will share some pictures here during the filming....waiting for 10th of July whe the filming begin....^^

[NEWS] City Conquest's Never Been Seen In Korea Strategy
Source: Star Daily News Korean to English Translation: Cheezeemelt (www.cheezeemelt.blogspot.com) PLEASE PUT PROPER CREDITS WHEN REPOSTING.
producer.jpg
"The first shooting spots will start on July 10 in the villages of Nikko, Tochigi Perfecture in Japan. Japan already guaranteed $4million dollars for the shooting progress. The strategy for City Conquest will offer/expect for a larger scale globally. So far, the spectacular action and melodramatic visual that we will offer is never been featured in Korea. All computer graphics and all of the shooting equipments are expected to be in the best level."
Did you expect Kim Hyun Joong to be the lead cast for this drama? "Of course! Not long ago, 'Boys Over Flowers' was aired in Myanmar and the viewership percentage was 55%. In Asian countries such as Japan, Kim Hyun Joong's popularity is by far the best. You might think that casting Kim Hyun Joong in this drama is a mistake, but in this drama I'm 100% confident for Kim Hyun Joong"

@arased11: Who are they then? The few celebrities you have in mind? Kekekeke maybe one of them will be chosen ^^ It's always the unexpected who got chosen, you know *wink* Kekeke ;)

Here are some tidbits from the manhwa ^^~ Kekeke

This one is Baek Mir's first day in highschool. His father got him back so he enrolled Mir in a school. Mir's father is a rich man. If I'm not mistaken he is an alliance of the President, not sure though. This is also Baek Mir and Tae Soo Min's first meeting.

xaxnj5.jpg

And this was Cha Jiryong and Baek Mir's first encounter. They are fighting because of Soo Min and Dan Bi. Hehehe of course, Mir won.
ih068p.jpg

Thank you for starting this thread! :D I'm looking forward to Nam Goong Min's comeback after Can you hear my heart? He's an incredible actor and one of my absolute faves. 
This is going to be one of those revenge dramas no? Its familiar territory for both Nam Goong Min and Kim Seung Woo.

[Article] Hyun Joong to Attend Action School for 'City Conquest'

12.jpg

cr: jbarky / Soompi News

Kim Hyun Joong is busy preparing for his upcoming drama “City Conquest.”

Kim Hyun Joong’s agency Key East Entertainment stated, on June 11 “This week Kim Hyun Joong is signing up for ‘Action School’ and through this he will prepare for his action acting, he is never putting down the script for the drama. He is really showing his affection for the drama.”

As we reported before, the rights for “City Conquest” to air in Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and China have already been sold for a total of 10 million U.S dollars. “City Conquest” is based on the comic book series of the same title. Kim Hyung Joong will play the main character “Back Mirror.” Filming is planned to begin in Japan around July.

Archived