Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2012] Witness Insecurity 護花危情

2»

Replies

• *.:AnGeL*BAbII:.**.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* chocaholic.x Posts: 3,595Member

IDOL

^ Ohh is that why they broke up? They were one of my favourite celeb couples. D:
    However, the ending was a bit... off.
    Spoiler:
    Not the usual happy and cheesy hk drama ending :'( ...If he could go all the way to Linda... should have just gone to the hospital lol

BUT that's not stopping me from watching Ghetto Justice 2! :D
    The ending was very sad. Reminded me of Raymond's death as Alfred in Heart of Greed. But that was more depressing to me. I think the ending was very abrupt too. People are saying how if that didn't happen, then linda would never know how much bosco loved her. I beg to differ! The possibilities are endless. Nevertheless, sad sad ending.
    :O That was what I thought at first too!! I think it was because it was Linda Chung again -_-
    Spoiler:
    She's always killing off all her co-stars lol D:

and then it reminded me of A Moment of Romance.. with Andy Lau and the motorbike lol...
    orange: 16 years and still going
    I was wondering why the brick was getting bigger, then it hit me.
  • jaykiddingjaykidding ohemgosh. SarcastiCityPosts: 1,480Member
    Who congratulated him.  The ending was TERRIBLE.  I mean, there are fair shares of bad endings from TVB, but this is the absolute worst.  I mean, if he at least went to a hospital before he went to see her, he would at least have a possibility of surviving then seeing her later.  This was just awful.
  • sugarplum892sugarplum892 USAPosts: 8,952Moderator

edited August 2012
    Source: Weibo (@劉家豪GH)
    Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

TVB Rating Reports (23/07/2012 - 29/07/2012)

Dramas:
    Three Kingdoms RPG - 回到三國 (EPS 11-14) - 34 PTS (Peaking at 45 PTS)

Witness Insecurity Finale - 護花危情大結局 (EPS 19-20) (FRIDAY 2HRS) - 32 PTS (Peaking at 37 PTS)

Witness Insecurity Finale Week - 護花危情 (EPS 15-18) - 33 PTS

*High ratings due to Typhoon Vicente. 
  • ilikepinkilikepink Posts: 1New Member
    God, I haven't watch the end of the drama, but after reading all the comments, I don't want to watch anymore. Don't like sad ending.

Linda Chung does not hope 'Witness Insecurity' gets a sequel

Saturday August 4, 2012 Hong Kong
    Source: Mingpao

TVB series Witness Insecurity averaged 34 points becoming the top rated series of 2012 so far. Yesterday TVB executive chairman Norman Leung hosted a celebration dinner for the cast and crew. Lead actor, Bosco Wong, is currently shooting in Taiwan and therefore was absent, leaving Linda Chung to take the banner by herself. When speaking of Netizens displeased by the ending, and would support TVB shoot an alternative ending, Linda felt the original ending was perfect, but it's a good thing that there are different opinions. It means that the series did well. She expressed she doesn't want to shoot a sequel, but if it really does happen, she hopes its like a Korean drama. The male and female leads have to go through a lot of twist and turns before being together, "Perhaps Bosco can be in a coma and lose his memory when he wakes up, and then I lose my memory as well. Actually I really like the Korean drama elements. If the story is like that, I want to shoot it." She exposes she likes Korean star Ji Sung and he's her dream boyfriend.

Source: The Sun, CSM(bywacow)

TVB Rating Reports (30/07/2012 - 05/08/2012)

Complaints:
    - 'Witness Insecurity': 14 complaints, viewers were dissatisfied with the ending.
    - London Olympics: a total of 18 complaints, for the hosts’ inappropriate and biased comments; poor arrangement of the program; the host Cindy Lee’s voice is too high pitched; The interview with cyclist Lee Sze Wan was too long; And the broadcast should not be focused on Team China and Hong Kong, there should be more variety.

Notes:
    - There was an average 5-6 point drop on the ratings for all shows due to the Olympics.
    - TVB explained the loss of viewers was just because most people changed to the English channel (TVB Pearl) to watch the Olympics.
    - ATV announced there were 4.81 million people watching the live broadcast of the Olympics on the free-to-air channel, which includes TVB. 

edited December 2012
    TVB Series Ratings Ranking 2012: Witness Insecurity #1
    Monday December 17, 2012 Hong Kong
    Credits: Wacow, KuangaiTVB, HKChannel

1. Witness Insecurity:

Viewers (in Millions): 2.01
    Average Rating: 31
    Premiere Rating: 30
    Finale Week Rating: 33
    Finale Rating: 32
    Peak Rating: 37