Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, and a peasant for dinner diet

bonitagirlxbonitagirlx Posts: 934Member
edited June 2012 in fitness & sports
So ... basically this is a pretty straight forward diet.... 

but I just want to make sure i am planning on doing this properly.

A meal plan that I'm creating based on these guidelines is as follows: 

[Breakfast] -- i know it's not the traditional eggs + bacon but.... i'm trying to stay away from processed meat in general... =[  

- Sauteed green beans
- Rice with soy sauce + egg
- 1/4 cup of iced coffee

[Lunch] 

- A bowl of chicken broccoli pasta 

[Dinner] 

- Some dried fruit and nuts 

So what do u guys think?  is this the diet that helped pilsook lose all that weight in dream high 1? 

Replies

• rachilderachilde United StatesPosts: 2,332Member
    Generally speaking, there's really no difference in when you take in your calories--the important thing is calories in v. calories out.  You'll get a more consistent result if you count your calories and exercise.  After all, you can't expect to eat ice cream, cake, and cookies + a whole roast chicken for breakfast, lobster ravioli for lunch, and then a little bit of salad for dinner and expect to lose weight--even if you are eating like a king/prince/peasant at those appropriate times.

The reason why this diet might work for some people is because they tend to overeat in the evenings.  Scientifically it only makes sense since people tend to 'wear out' their discipline as the day goes on.  That means that the thing that requires the most will power should be done first in the day since you're more likely to do it.  That means you are more likely to approach a spread of cake and ice cream first thing in the morning and come away having eaten fewer calories than if you approach that same table in the evening.  But, metabolically, there's no science that says that food in the morning is any less fattening in morning than in the evening.  
  • SearesrayneSearesrayne yay areaPosts: 906Member

IDOL

hmm I need to look for the article... but I have read an article regarding eating "king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, and a peasant "

those who were on this diet lost a lot more than those who were on a different diet, but same calories.(both groups lost weight and such)

It's because your doing more things through out the day and you using those calories and your metabolism slows down later in the day or something like that.
  • stylebubblestylebubble ????? ?? chuu ! Posts: 649Member
    edited June 2012
    this is a good way to eat in general! breakfast is the most important meal of the day. a large breakfast speeds up metabolism and prevents you from overeating in the evening. you should start with drinking a warm liquid though, it helps your metabolism and digestion ^ ^ and maybe try not to use oil in the morning >< try rice porridge and sprouted wheat toast with egg whites on top instead! also eat your fruit in the morning, if you have to eat sugar, the morning is the best time to do it because it gives you the energy to burn it off throughout the day and not be stored as fat. your dinner should not have any sugars or fats (the fruit and nuts is good as a snack between meals though ^ ^), because most likely they will not be burned enough before you sleep, so maybe eat a salad instead. also try not to eat after 5:00 pm, or if it's too early at least before night time. hope this helps!
  • MsChaofanMsChaofan Posts: 441Member
    (Pilsook was just IU in a fatsuit...)

Are you planning to eat like this for the rest of your life? Because I'd be fed up in a week. 

To lose weight, your calories in should be lower than your calories out. The lowest should be 1200 (in nett, the calories burned from working out already subtracted), any lower is bad for you, even for really petite girls. Google a daily calories calculator to find out how many you need to maintain your weight and how many to lose weight. You can also try to surprise your body, by eating more one day and eating less the next, so it'll keep working. 
    resizewizard1a.jpg
    Mr. Pig!
  • bonitagirlxbonitagirlx Posts: 934Member
    uh oh duh123 is on this thread -___-;; im scared 

• funky dealerfunky dealer Posts: 21Member
    I wouldn't recommend that diet plan if you get hungry easily. As rachilde said, you should count your calories and aim to eat between 1200- 1400 calories per day if you do not intend on exercising much. 

Also try setting a calorie limit for each meal for eg. breakfast: 200- 300cal lunch: 400cal dinner: 600cal 
    This would help you to avoid over eating. 
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,529Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

Well, it's a hell of a lot better than my current diet, which is to eat every meal like King Henry VIII.

monaeroaaallleeesofantasticelastic
  • JiN.xJiN.x Australia, WA, PerthPosts: 174Member
    This diet does work despite consuming the same amount of calories because you need the energy to get through the day hence breakfast and your burning the calories throughout the day. But you don't need to eat that much for dinner especially when your not really going to do any physical activities but sleep afterwards, it'll just become fat straight away because you won't be doing anything afterwards. 

My friends uncle did this diet and he lost 10 pounds in two weeks. I eat like this so it's not really a diet for me but I tend to skip dinner because I don't really need the energy. I only eat if I need energy, and no I'm not starving myself at all. I don't get hungry very often. :o

Good luck. :)

:)>-
  • laylalovelaylalove Posts: 60Member
    good luck i might try this too xD keep up all the best ps i saw this in dream high