Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it me or do the majority of people in the U.S accepted that "Asians can't Drive"

KerrigantonKerriganton Posts: 1,647Member

ROOKIE

edited June 2012 in general discussion
I know it is a stereotype but it is rampant around the U.S. I mean some people have already accepted it as a fact. 0.0

The small "ding dong"  stereotype is even less popular than this.

What do you guys think?  Do you Asian brahs get this stereotype a lot?
Please kindly read the signature rules.

Replies

• MannosukeMannosuke Posts: 12,628Member

SUPERSTAR

It's fine, most of the US has also accepted that black men are exceptional athletes.
    fabrications.nana544myGLAMrocksAlexa
  • NPB-XKNPB-XK Thread Hijacker Area-Sexy-One - MontrPosts: 5,114Member

SUPERSTAR

Naaah they're only mistaking "can't drive" with "trolling everyone on the streets".
    Quebecker image Style
    fabrications.etchtglass_1nana544
  • KerrigantonKerriganton Posts: 1,647Member

ROOKIE

Naaah they're only mistaking "can't drive" with "trolling everyone on the streets".

Gotta take great precautions when trolling IRL.
    nana544
  • NPB-XKNPB-XK Thread Hijacker Area-Sexy-One - MontrPosts: 5,114Member

SUPERSTAR

Gotta take great precautions when trolling IRL.
    Well, what can I say... Some trolls die doing what they love doing.
    Quebecker image Style
  • BoAFreakVer.300BoAFreakVer.300 Posts: 327Member
    All I gots to do is ask what car they drive. Most Americans don't even drive a car from their own country anymore. So sad...  

ROOKIE

All I gots to do is ask what car they drive. Most Americans don't even drive a car from their own country anymore. So sad...  
    What does this have to do with anything?
  • TeaHouseTeaHouse Posts: 375Member

IDOL

Course SOME Asians can't drive...SOME can't even read ENGLISH...
    It has become a stereotype because it is so much easier to target a certain race then to target a main problem. 

I have had near accidents with "Asians" who either DON'T see the sign, thinks the signs don't apply to them or just plain distracted and should really pull over to figure out where the hell they are before they drive. 

but lets not just say its "Asians" who does these things. there are ELDER people who do these things as well as YOUNGER people who are just as reckless at driving. 

Below are the following examples of what I have seen happen...
    Accident waiting to happen. 

This means GO
    This means you CAN turn 

This means doesn't matter what lane, You can go straight...

Lienana544
  • MannosukeMannosuke Posts: 12,628Member

SUPERSTAR

What does this have to do with anything?
    If they laugh at you for not being able to drive, you laugh at them for not buying their own cars.

Makes perfect sense.
    nana544
  • bonitagirlxbonitagirlx Posts: 934Member
    edited July 2012
    honestly.... the majority of people i've seen that do not know how to drive.... 

are not asian, but are in fact of a different race. 

nana544
  • kamiliekamilie Posts: 7Member
    I'm a living proof ....and i'm a woman...
    nana544
  • supertammiesupertammie la-la landPosts: 3,055Friend of Soompi
    I think it's true to an extent.  I don't know if it's just the southern US or what, but most of the Asian people that I know learned how to drive from friends and not a legitimate instructor.  Asian girls tend to get their licenses late too because their boyfriends drive them everywhere.  My sister didn't get her license until she was 23.  I got mine when I was 20.

I didn't even know how to use properly use my windshield wiper until after I got my license. (Ex-boyfriend taught me, lol.)

The Asian guys are often taught by their siblings at a young age (like 13), and the bad habits stick with them for life.

ROOKIE

I think it's true to an extent.  I don't know if it's just the southern US or what, but most of the Asian people that I know learned how to drive from friends and not a legitimate instructor.  Asian girls tend to get their licenses late too because their boyfriends drive them everywhere.  My sister didn't get her license until she was 23.  I got mine when I was 20.

I didn't even know how to use properly use my windshield wiper until after I got my license. (Ex-boyfriend taught me, lol.)

The Asian guys are often taught by their siblings at a young age (like 13), and the bad habits stick with them for life.
    How come they don't learn from a legitimate instructor? 
  • nana544nana544 As you wish~ Posts: 10,102Member

SUPERSTAR

^Probably because they would rather learn from their friends or have no money to.

Anyways, yes, I agree that the majority of Americans have label Asians as "cannot drive," that's why Family guy was poking fun of an Asian woman driving in one of their episodes; regardless it was funny. Anyways, Americans are being ignorant when they label a whole race as cannot drive because it is obviously not true; only some Asians, not all.
    Live in the moment.
  • green papayagreen papaya usaPosts: 1,633Member

IDOL

the ones giving asian drivers a bad reputation are usually FOB or people that didnt grow up here from another country where they never owned a car until they came to the USA, they are new drivers

I think asians are some of the safest drivers

aggressive drivers that tail gate and speed all the time are the ones getting into accidents the most

from what I see they are usually not asians

• InconnuInconnu Posts: 6,508Member

IDOL

We watch too much Fast and Furious. *shrugs*
  • supertammiesupertammie la-la landPosts: 3,055Friend of Soompi

How come they don't learn from a legitimate instructor? 
    It costs money that parents don't want to shell out.
  • MusoMuso The Master Of All Pokemon! USAPosts: 2,762Member

SUPERSTAR

Everyone in th US are horrible drivers.
    ha!
  • yellow_dell13yellow_dell13 Posts: 31Member
    I think that driving ability is different for each person. My white friend failed her test 3 times while I passed the 1st. We went to the same facility to learn how to drive. I agree with the person who said that this is true for the asians who don't learn from an instructor, but anybody who doesn't learn properly will be a bad driver.
  • chronicrhythmchronicrhythm Posts: 128Member
    Would it be bad if I said the majority of customers we have in the collision facility I work at were Chinese and Indian?
    BLOG                 TUMBLR
  • happygal2011happygal2011 Posts: 379Member

IDOL

edited July 2012

Could it be Asian migrant?