Is it me or do the majority of people in the U.S accepted that "Asians can't Drive"

Guest Kerriganton

Guest Kerriganton

I know it is a stereotype but it is rampant around the U.S. I mean some people have already accepted it as a fact. 0.0
The small "ding dong"  stereotype is even less popular than this.

What do you guys think?  Do you Asian brahs get this stereotype a lot?

Guest Kerriganton

All I gots to do is ask what car they drive. Most Americans don't even drive a car from their own country anymore. So sad...  

Course SOME Asians can't drive...SOME can't even read ENGLISH...It has become a stereotype because it is so much easier to target a certain race then to target a main problem. 

I have had near accidents with "Asians" who either DON'T see the sign, thinks the signs don't apply to them or just plain distracted and should really pull over to figure out where the hell they are before they drive. 
but lets not just say its "Asians" who does these things. there are ELDER people who do these things as well as YOUNGER people who are just as reckless at driving. 
Below are the following examples of what I have seen happen...Accident waiting to happen. 
This means GO119498958977780800stop_sign_right_font_mThis means you CAN turn 1194989548506685753no_u_turn_sign_01.svg
This means doesn't matter what lane, You can go straight...images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl1B3SbS4lABAiaBx2SIM

Guest bonitagirlx

honestly.... the majority of people i've seen that do not know how to drive.... 
are not asian, but are in fact of a different race. 

Guest supertammie

I think it's true to an extent.  I don't know if it's just the southern US or what, but most of the Asian people that I know learned how to drive from friends and not a legitimate instructor.  Asian girls tend to get their licenses late too because their boyfriends drive them everywhere.  My sister didn't get her license until she was 23.  I got mine when I was 20.

I didn't even know how to use properly use my windshield wiper until after I got my license. (Ex-boyfriend taught me, lol.)

The Asian guys are often taught by their siblings at a young age (like 13), and the bad habits stick with them for life.

Guest Kerriganton

I think it's true to an extent.  I don't know if it's just the southern US or what, but most of the Asian people that I know learned how to drive from friends and not a legitimate instructor.  Asian girls tend to get their licenses late too because their boyfriends drive them everywhere.  My sister didn't get her license until she was 23.  I got mine when I was 20.

I didn't even know how to use properly use my windshield wiper until after I got my license. (Ex-boyfriend taught me, lol.)

The Asian guys are often taught by their siblings at a young age (like 13), and the bad habits stick with them for life.

Guest nana544

^Probably because they would rather learn from their friends or have no money to.

Anyways, yes, I agree that the majority of Americans have label Asians as "cannot drive," that's why Family guy was poking fun of an Asian woman driving in one of their episodes; regardless it was funny. Anyways, Americans are being ignorant when they label a whole race as cannot drive because it is obviously not true; only some Asians, not all.

the ones giving asian drivers a bad reputation are usually FOB or people that didnt grow up here from another country where they never owned a car until they came to the USA, they are new drivers

I think asians are some of the safest drivers

aggressive drivers that tail gate and speed all the time are the ones getting into accidents the most

from what I see they are usually not asians

Guest yellow_dell13

I think that driving ability is different for each person. My white friend failed her test 3 times while I passed the 1st. We went to the same facility to learn how to drive. I agree with the person who said that this is true for the asians who don't learn from an instructor, but anybody who doesn't learn properly will be a bad driver.

Archived