[Drama 2012] To The Beautiful You 아름다운 그대에게

Admin

ttby.jpgTo The Beautiful You / 아름다운 그대에게Also known as: Hana Kimi
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast Network: SBS
Broadcast Period: August 15th, 2012
Air Time: Wednesday - Thursday (21:55PM KST)Production Company: SM Entertainment (SM Culture & Contents)Director: Jeon Ki-sangReplaced: Ghost
SynopsisA remake of the popular Japanese manga, Hana Kimi. The series centers on Goo Jae Hee, a girl who lives in the United States. One day, she sees a track and field competition on TV, and becomes attracted to one of the high jump competitors, Kang Tae Joon. She begins to idolize the young athlete and eventually transfers to South Korea to attend the same school that Tae Joon attends. There is a catch, however: Tae Joon attends an all-boys high school named Genie Athletic School and Jae Hee must disguise herself as a boy to enter.
Castminho.pngjaehee.pngeungyeol.png
hanna.png
Seo Jun Young as Ha Seung-ri (Minami Nanba)He is the leader of Dormitory 2 and fencing team chief, who is macho-type with strong leadership skills
Ki Tae Young as Jang Min-woo (Dr. Hokuto Umeda)He is a mysterious doctor who first realizes that Jae-hee is actually a girl pretending to be a boy in a boy's physical education high school. However, Min-woo doesn't reveal this truth and takes care of Jae-hee like her guardian angel.
Yoo Min Kyu as Young-man (Megumi Tennoji)He is the leader of Dormitory 1, the Taekwondo department, and seems rough on the outside, but is actually very passionate about helping his hoboes.
Kim Ian as Na Chul Soo (Oscar M. Himejima)He is the leader of Dormitory 3, which is filled with the students who love theater and the arts.
Hwang Kwang-hee as Song Jong-min (Senri Nakao)He is a hurdler who tries to annoy Jae-hee but he actually is a warm hearted person.
Kang Ha Neul as Min Hyeon-jae (Makoto Kagurazaka)He is a high jump player in the national team and Tae-joon’s rival.
Kang Kyung Joon as Byeon Gwang-minHe is a track coach who so strict that he is nicknamed 'rabies' as he is so harsh on the students but in front of So-jeong, he is just a man.
Honey LeeShe is the school president with gentle charisma
Lee Ah-hyun as Jang Sil-jangShe is a perfectionist manager with a sports management agency with which the Tae-joon is signed. She knows no peace of mind as she deals with the players represented by the agency, yet displays talent and skills that are second to none.
Ahn Hye Kyung as Yang Seo-yoon (Akiha Hara)She is a sports magazine reporter
Lee Young-eun as Lee So-jeongShe is a teacher in a triangle relationship with Min-woo and Gwang-min
Seon-woo Jae-deok as Kang Geun-wookHe is Tae-joon's father who looks cool but having warm heart
Ko So-youngShe is the chairman of the board of trustees.
Lee Han-wi as Hwang Gye-bongHe is a dean of students
Jung Eun-joo as Hwang Bo-hee
Julien Kang as Daniel Goo (Shizuki Claude Ashiya)Jae-hee's half-brother. He comes to Korea when he hears that Jae-hee is pretending to be a boy and tries to take her back to America.
Downloads
Torrent (semi-fly)
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Live Recapping
Vingle

Subtitles
DramaFever
VikiDarkSmurf
Chinese Subtitles (cococrust)01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16
Ratings

Episode  TNmS Nationwide  TNmS Seoul  AGB Nationwide  AGB Seoul 
016.4%7.9%7.3%9.3%
025.8%7.0%5.7%6.5%
034.7%5.7%5.1%6.0%
044.8%6.0%5.4%6.1%
054.3%4.9%4.8%5.6%
064.6%5.6%5.6%6.5%
073.9%4.8%4.6%5.2%
084.0%4.6%5.4%5.7%
095.7%6.3%5.4%6.2%
105.3%6.2%5.8%6.7%
114.3%
4.2%
125.1%
4.6%
134.4%5.3%4.4%
144.8%
4.8%
154.0%
4.1%
165.3%
5.2%

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jordi

This drama have very difficult task, because old Japan version, and Taiwan version are very good dramas and i don't think, that korean version will be that good as Japan and Taiwan versions because SM work on it - Paradise Ranch and Heading to the Ground were totally unsuccessful and boring productions....
However maybe SM suprised me positively, but i doubt it XD

I'm actually anticipating this drama...Sulli lookes sooo gorgeous in that pic....I'm quite curious if she'll make it convincing the girl turned boy because she has a very feminine face but who knows...hope to see the rest of the cast :x

Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

Im anticipating this drama, but Im worry about the acting..This is one of mine all time favorite manga.The japanese did a great joband so did the taiwanese for casting.I hope everything goes well for this. I hope acting and chemistry is good. I will give it a try..

Guest bluedelacour

omo the actress doenst look pretty well guess it's ok since she will pretend be a boy xDDD
anyways wondering if they can do it ok since they are idols not actors

I think Minho was a given choice for SM Entertainment because of his history with those kind of sports (during his Dream Team days). I'm not so sure about Sulli because like you all pointed out she does have prominent feminine features. And just a personal opinion but I think the casting of Sulli came down to the fact that SM Entertainment doesn't really have any strong actresses in their company. 

I love the Japanese (old) and the Taiwanese versions so hopefully this one goes well too. Although if it's airing in August that means it'll be up against

Nice Guy

and

Arang

Yeah if it will be on the same timeslot it would be a thought competition beause both dramas sound good and with good cast as well...If they wanted to go for the boyish type girl they should have casted F(x) Amber,she is more perfect for the role i think but who knows maybe it be a surprise and it would be good...i actually hope that it will be good because i love the story

Guest Xiao Zhen

I was hoping Sulli cut her hair to match Mizuki's character (especially since all actresses that played Mizuki all cut their hair), but seeing her selca and f(x) teaser photos, I think she will probably use wig instead.
Sigh...
I just hope SM did not mess this up. This drama has been remake a couple of times already and hopefully the Korean version will be just as good if not better
As a person who had watched all 3 versions and read the manga, I'm really hoping that this didn't suck like other idol centered drama
A lot of people were hoping for Amber to be the lead, I'm included.
But, now that I think of it, I like the plot better than whoever played, so I will watch this on the basis that I'm a huge fan of the manga. So based on that, I'm okay with whoever the actress/actors are as long as they deliver
Though, I still cannot fit it in my head seeing Minho and Sulli as a couple.
And though Mizuki's character is actually girly in the beginning, but throughout the story she has to manage to pass as a guy and I still cannot wrap my head around Sulli passes as a guy yet

I'm more excited to see who will play Nakatsu, Kayashima, and Nanba, I mean those guys that play the dormmates are actually the source of enjoyment!

Amber fit this role perfectly when it come down to look and background. She look the part plus Mizuki live in the States so Amber english will play a part too. True she doesn't have much acting experience but one can learn. There lots of idol who never act before and turn out to be good at it. She can also get acting lesson. Sulli do not fit the role what so ever, I can see her play one of the blossom girls even Sunny from SNSD fit the role more but hey I give Sulli a chance though. She might fit and do well when the show started. Mostly likely she won't cut her hair! 
But right now she just look so cute and bubbly to play Mizuki at all, and can Minho pull off the cold, quiet character?(Kai from EXO seem good for the role) I never see Minho act before. Agreed w/ @XiaoXian16 I wonder who going to play Nakatsu Shuichi & Nanba Minami I love them both. I'm also more excited for all the supporting actors because they basely the best part of the story to me that is. 

@sarangwo, thanks for  the vid clips of Sulli, she's good... am looking forward to the next version of Hana Kimi, very hilarious... Sulli will do well, Minwo is capable too... we'll see who else will be a part of this craziness.. I always cracked when the opening credits of the Japanese version had an apology to the viewers.... thanks once again.

Guest arjoon

will i saw the japnes vision and its not bad and i saw the thiland dirsion i dont like it

i hop the koren version will be hit

Guest sarangwo

Latest Update:

Sano's Korean Name : Kang(Gang)  Tae Joon(Tae Jun) -->MinHo
Mizuki's Korean Name :
Koo(Gu/Goo) Jae Hee --> Sulli

And Our Korean Nakatsu is ...

Lee Hyun Woo of K-Drama Equator Man, God of Study)
Nakatsu's Korean Name :
Cha Eun Gyul (Eun Gyeol /Eun Kyul)

20120608_leehyunwoo.jpg

Guest sarangwo

Finally Our Love Triangle Is Complete!

A Battle of Two Cuties ...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbCkSJeyU1qD1dlGwDUpflee_hyun_woo_3%255B1%255D.jpg

Which Would You Choose For Sulli ? :)
20091010_sulli_572.jpg                                                                              

Guest sarangwo

Here Are Additional Casts: (Updated)

L / Myung Soo (from Infinite)

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=21765539

Hwang Kwang Hee ( from ZE:A)

zea-kwanghee-davichi-kang-min-kyung.jpg

Kang Ha Neul as Joo(Ju) Ji Cheol(Ji Chul)  Sano's High Jump Rival 

7cn_kanghaneuljoins00.jpg

7cn_kanghaneuljoins00.jpg

Kim Ji Won  (From High Hick 3) - playing  as Seol(Sul) Han Na , a gymnast, adaughter from a rich family and Jae Hee's Rival for Tae Joon

2010110914591899552_1.jpg

Ki Tae Young - playing Jang Min Woo (Korean Nurse Umeda), in love triangle relationship with Lee Young Eun and Kang Kyung Jun)

Ki_Tae_Young3.jpg

Kang Kyung Joon --> playing as P.E. teacher and coach in school , in love triangle relationship with Lee Young Eun and Ki Tae Young's role

Kang-Kyung-Joon.jpg

Seo Joon Young/Su Jun Hyung -- playing the role of Ha Seung Ri (Korean Nanba Sempai)

164874_127654993965794_2559288_n.jpg

Lee Honey --> Playing as school principal

Lee-Honey.jpg

Lee Ah Hyun playing as Director of sports management company

19.JPG

Lee Yeong Eun -- playing  as school teacher Lee So Jung ( So Jeong) , in love triangle relationship with Kang Kyung Joon and Ki Tae Young's role 

Lee_Young_Eun__.jpg

Ahn Hye Kyung - playing as Sports reporter Yang Seo Yoon (Suh Yun)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0Jf7REg7O-3y9ld9fS1C

Lee Han Wi

250px-Lee_Han-Wi-p2.jpg

Go So Young --> playing as chairwoman of the board , High school executive director

20100429_gosoyoung9.jpg

Guest sarangwo

I'm kinda okay  about Sulli's acting in this drama...She's a good actress but her height bothers me...

Sulli is tall... her height is 169 cm ... The character Mizuki's height is much shorter...it's 160 cm

The other Mizuki's : Ella Chen is 163cm
                             Maki Horikita is 160 cm
                             Atsuko Maeda is 161cm

Another thing, Sulli's height is close to the height of Lee Hyun Woo (Korean Nakatsu)  which is around 169-172 cm.

Archived