[Mainland Chinese Drama 2014] Sound of the Desert 风中奇缘 (Da Mo Yao 大漠謠)

sugarplum892

The_Sound_of_Desert.jpg

Details:Chinese title: 风中奇缘 Fēng zhōng qí yuán
English title: Sound of the Desert
Genre: Ancient, Drama, Fiction, RomanceEpisodes: 35Screenwriter: Wang Li Zhi (王莉芝)Producer: Karen TsoiDirectors: Lee Kwok Lap, Lin Yu Fen (林玉芬)Production company: Chinese Entertainment ShanghaiFilming period: March 8, 2012 - July 2012Broadcast Period: October 1, 2014 - November 27, 2014Broadcast Days: Wednesdays & ThurdaysBased off: Tong Hua's Da Mo Yao 大漠謠Replacing: Swords of Legends 古劍奇譚
Cast:Liu Shi Shi as Xin Yue (Jin Yu)Eddie Peng as Wei WujiHu Ge as Mo XunFala Chen as Qin XiangHan Dong as Li JiKristal Tin as Hong GuMaggie Cheung as Wan YujinQin Hao (秦昊) as Wu WeiliCai Ya Tong (蔡雅同) as Mao YunzhuShi Xiao Qun as Princess ZhaoyangWu Zhuo Han (吴卓翰) as Wan QianLv Liang (吕梁) as Zhao ZhenZhang Xiang (张翔) as Li Yan Nian
Synopsis:Jin Yu was raised with the people of Xiongnu, although her foster father is a Han. Due to political change within the Xiongnu, she was forced to flee to Chang'an, the then capital of the early Han Dynasty, changing her name to Xing Yue along the way. During her journey, she first meets the calm and kind Mo Xun, and later the handsome yet outwardly cold general Wei Wu Ji. Xing Yue falls for one, but was rejected. Will she untangle her love knot? Who will she choose in the end?
Watch it here with English subtitles!
Raw Trailer:

OSTs:Li Jian Qing - Pacifying the World for You

Della Ding Dang - A Kind of Courage Called Give Up

Hu Ge - Live Well/Take Good Care (好好过)

Della Ding Dang - Poem of Old Age (白頭吟)https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_bHKLR96fxA

Additional Links:
Da Mo Yao 大漠謠 Novel English TranslationSound of the Desert 風中奇緣 Viki English Subbed EpisodesSound of the Desert 风中奇缘 Episode Recaps
Sound of the Desert 风中奇缘 Raw EpisodesSound of the Desert 风中奇缘 OSTs Download Link
Sound of the Desert 风中奇缘 Raw Uncut Episode Download Link
Sound of the Desert 风中奇缘 Viewership Ratings

English Subbed Full Episodes:Cr to mJ01991
Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10

Episode 11

Episode 12

Episode 13

Episode 14

Episode 15

Episode 16

Episode 17

Episode 18

Episode 19

Episode 20

Episode 21

Episode 22

Episode 23

Episode 24

Episode 25

Episode 26

Episode 27

Episode 28

Episode 29

Episode 30Coming soon...
Episode 31Coming soon...
Episode 32Coming soon...
Episode 33Coming soon...
Episode 34Coming soon...
Episode 35Coming soon...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! A thread for DMY! Ahh I saw the english translation of the book, but I don't know if I should read it. I'm not sure what's holding me back lol I think it has to do with knowing the casting before finding out about the book, although I have always been a book > movie/drama person haha. Maybe this is different because it has Hu Ge and I don't want to be spoiled. I don't know, I'm weird. The costumes looks really nice actually. 

haha if you love Hu Ge, I recommend you watch it first xPHonestly I don't think Tang Ren will slaughter this production, but the book will always be better than any adaptation. I absolutely adore Bu Bu but there's also talk that they ruined it too T_T

• 1 year later...

Has anyone heard any news whether it will be broadcasted or not? They are already making preparations for the sequel...I really really want to watch Ballad of the desert, because I love the story and it also has one of the most satisfying endings..and I really don´t like the sequel´s ending.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally the long wait is over! 
《风中奇缘》Sound of The Desert (formerly known as Ballad of The Desert/ Da Mo Yao) will be aired starting October 1st on Hunan TV, every Wed-Thurs from 10pm to 12am (that is 2 eps per night!) <333 It's been way over 2 years hasn't it?! Can't wait any longer!
New trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIevcYhpGH8

68bf1523jw1ek78swc4e0j20hu0p0n3v.jpg
68bf1523jw1ek78sxeu3cj20hu0p00yg.jpg
68bf1523jw1ek78sv5mdyj20hu0p0gqh.jpg
68bf1523jw1ek78suihi5j20p00eaaet.jpg61e7f4aajw1ek8zb6ut0gj20p00gm0x5.jpg
61e7f4aajw1ek8zb3lrygj20p00gmn3w.jpg
61e7f4aajw1ek8zb0cklaj20p00ye48p.jpg

They all look mighty gorgeous!! :x :x :x

• 2 weeks later...

Streaming live now:http://www.hunanzhibo.com/
---------Edit:I uploaded raw hd version from v.qq.com. Note that this is the uncut version from v.qq.com, it includes the full opening theme and ending theme, it's also more complete than the regular broadcast version.

Download link: http://wp.me/p2tDC3-V2

Sample screencaps:06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

09.jpg

I realized that uncut version is behind the progress of broadcast version. However, the broadcast version cuts out about 20min long, that's why ep2 have the "scenes" from ep3. If the uncut version (dvd version) finish updating, it will have more scenes than broadcast version in general.
Anyways, I'm loving the first 2 episodes but I kinda regret it that I jumped into the "live-ship" too fast, 4 episodes per week is totally not enough.LSS is sooooo beautiful in that blue desert robe(or whatever you call that), I think her condition is a lot better than when she was in BBJX, haha!Not shipping her with Hu Ge or Eddie yet but I think both guys are attractive in different ways. I'm more into guys who are proactive though so I think Eddie's character will still be my favorite, like in the novel.btw, there will be 40 episodes in total, I saw it from the video sites, not sure whether it's accurate but it should be pretty close to 40 episodes.

Archived