Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I ignore a guy that's ignoring me?

xCherryXSherryxxCherryXSherryx Posts: 154Member

ROOKIE

edited May 2012 in love & relationships
There's this guy who I have a crush on (though that's starting to dwindle a bit) who'll text me for a week straight, flirt a lot via social networking sites but then stop and completely ignore me. It makes no sense. Like after that week of texting me first he won't text me at all and if I see him in the halls he just says hi like he does for acquaintances or something (when he would normal hug me or at least give me a high five). And then after a month or something I texted him "hey" and he resumed being flirty and generally acknowledging my existence. THIS time though it only lasted for 3 days. -_- I honestly have no idea what to do. Its been almost a month now and I don't know if I should text him again and risk him ignoring me /again/. What should I do?

Replies

• forevergirlforevergirl under the seaPosts: 5,678Moderator

hi there @xCherryXSherryx how old are you by the way?
    PLS KINDLY DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES/VIDEO, USE SPOILER TAG FOR 2 OR MORE PHOTO/VIDEO.
    READ AND FOLLOW KDRAMA & MOVIES RULE HERE
  • xCherryXSherryxxCherryXSherryx Posts: 154Member

ROOKIE

I'm a senior in high school? o_o
  • forevergirlforevergirl under the seaPosts: 5,678Moderator

oh ok, I think its better to ignore him, anyway you are still young, you can still meet many guys out there, who knows , someone will pursue you ... is your like to the extent of wanting him to see him badly that way? If not that much they probably ignore him... as you said you have crush on him, meaning its that you just admire him right?
    PLS KINDLY DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES/VIDEO, USE SPOILER TAG FOR 2 OR MORE PHOTO/VIDEO.
    READ AND FOLLOW KDRAMA & MOVIES RULE HERE

ROOKIE

Well last year I had a REALLY big crush on him as in I kinda wanted him as a boyfriend but now I just find him cute/attractive. :/
  • karyeekaryee CanadaPosts: 427Member

IDOL

In all honesty it doesn't sound like he's worth your time. Like... what's the point of texting him and then having him ignore you one more time? Don't focus on him too much. You'll find someone who actually wants to talk to you.
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,585Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

I'd not place too much stock in accomplishing much with this fellow. Converse with him, yes - but I wouldn't hold out any hope that you will or can develop anything substantially romantic with him. If he never knew that you had a big crush on him, he's either really clueless as to how to maintain decent/proper interactions with a girl or he has been continually playing you for a fool and toying with your emotions. Either way, it probably gives you insight into his character and you have to wonder if this is really the right kind of guy for you to be crushing on. What's worse is if he indeed was aware that you had a crush on him. Then that makes his behavior towards you much more dubious and arguably reprehensible. Bottom line? Don't invest your time and energy on somebody who cannot reciprocate the same in return - whether he was conscious about the whole thing or not. In any event, you've pretty much gotten some insight as to what kind of a personality he is. If you approach your situation from this perspective, you can then perhaps ask yourself - is this the kind of guy I'd really want to be with?

ROOKIE

Thanks guys. The worst part about it is? I recently realized that when he ISN'T being flirty towards me, he's being flirty towards almost every attractive girl he's friends with. :/ The problem now is that I don't know the first step to getting over him. Should I delete his number/unfollow him on social networking sites or what? Do I just not say hi to him at all?
  • KurisuKurisu San Diego, CAPosts: 1,118Member

IDOL

Definitely not worth it. If you see him again, just act like a friend and distance yourself. It's not worth the trouble. Don't chase after someone who doesnt want to chase you back. Trust me, it's VERY easy to flirt around and not care about what the other party thinks.

Welcome to the real world. You need to get thicker skin and because there are a lot of men (AND women) out there who do this. Don't text back often - give him short, delayed replies. If he is actually interested in you, he will pursue you.

Good luck
    I'm really thankful that you're alive. The news about you is my reason for living. We should meet at least once while living. No matter what you're doing be healthy and always live happily. For you being born, for meeting you... I'm so thankful.
  • herovueboiherovueboi Akron, OHPosts: 547Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

You could just fix the so called problem with another problem, a boyfriend or a newer crush. Maybe crush on me, LOL.
    BANKAI

ROOKIE

I'll try my best. I'm not usually so hung up on a guy though, it's just that I had the biggest crush on him and it's like he just transformed into a flirt. And the fact that when we DO text he seems really interested too makes it kinda hard. D:
  • dot.dot. Posts: 513Member

IDOL

The way I see it, if he is ignoring you, then you ignore him too. I would also not expect anything to develop any time soon, he obviously is just flirting with you because he enjoys it not because he is interested in you. (sorry if that came off too harsh). I know boys like that, I know girls like that and it is just all fun and games for them.

• KurisuKurisu San Diego, CAPosts: 1,118Member

IDOL

He's probably texting you back and wants to seem interested because he likes the attention. :P
    I'm really thankful that you're alive. The news about you is my reason for living. We should meet at least once while living. No matter what you're doing be healthy and always live happily. For you being born, for meeting you... I'm so thankful.
  • bona fide*bona fide* Posts: 1,520Member

IDOL

Preoccupy your mind with something else - doesn't necessarily have to be somebody else. Trust me, you'll get over him over time.

• babybeckbabybeck Posts: 1,532Member

IDOL

If a guy wants to be with you, he'll make it happen. Trust me.

Even the most timid, bashful guy will make it known sooner or later if he wants to get to know you better in a romantic way... if you have already given him a heads up.

He seems to be playing a little game with you. Don't initiate texts with him. Let him do it, but be positive and playful about it if he does. And if he doesn't contact you at all, then you basically got the answer with how he feels about you.

If he continues to text you, and then stop, text you again and then stop... but things goes no where.. you also got an answer. He's playing games. Just train yourself to not take him seriously and you'll be at a better place. I know that it's easier said than done though. But good luck.

bla bla bla
  • laissezzelaissezze Posts: 453Member

SUPERSTAR

ignore him pretty lady. the psychology of a man and woman is totally opposite. if we say NO, we sometimes mean YES. but for men, no is no. and if he ignores you, don't ignore the sign.

xCherryXSherryx
  • kelliecubekelliecube Posts: 99Member
    Get rid of him and move on to his bestfriend.
  • Ryuzaki101Ryuzaki101 Posts: 91Member
    Errr way to jump the gun there...anyway just stay friends with him.Your not the only one whose supposed to try ya know
    ~^•^~
    Always.Keep.The.Faith