Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official { D Y E D . H A I R }: Before & After

Replies

• SanjouSanjou Posts: 48Member
    edited March 2012
    QUESTION! >3> For anyone who's had silver / lilac hair before:

How many times did you have to bleach it?
    How damaged was your hair afterward, and if you have any tips that made it less damaging (I heard using a color stripper before bleaching helps, is it true?), that would help lots!

• SizerlySizerly Posts: 11Member, New Member
    Can any expert/experienced hair dying soompiers help me out with this? :D

My hair is this colour at the moment, maybe faded a little bit...
    11bois3.jpg

I have a half a bottle of 20 V 6% pyroxide left, meaning I got around 10V ~3% left? And a random red hair dye tube that a friend got for me from HK.
    2yn31bn.jpg

Anddd this is the current box I normally use from Schwarzkopf, Intensive Red.
    2dalpnc.jpg
    My question is, what do I have to do to achieve the colour below? Maybe a tiny bit darker than that. Should I mix the leftover I had from my last hair dye (the pyroxide and maybe even the leftover hair dye) with my current Schwarzkopft box dye? How about should I go doing that? :) I could go to the hair dresser but I kinda want to try using box dye first to dye it gradually and see how it goes. I often dye my hair the same colour every 2-3 months, never dye my hair any colour except red...

ff8wnb.jpg

Or should I go for a blonde/orangeish hair like Hyori Lee ;__; I'm really not sure which to pick!
    hyori_mc.jpg
  • stinastaysoberstinastaysober Posts: 134Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    tumblr_m196y4ubUI1qzdcpgo1_500.jpg

WORTH IT?: - Yes
    Natural Hair type: Normal and a tad wavy
    Hair History: - Never been permed but dyed many times I can't even keep track of.
    Bleach?: - To get my blond hair, yes
    Hair Dye: - JUN 2010: L'oreal Preference UL61
    FEB 2011: L'oreal Feria Espresso
    AUG 2011: Bleached it & then tone with Wella White Lady & then dye w/ Ion Medium Ash Blonde
    DEC 2011: Tone with Wella Silver Lady & with dilluted Purple dye
    FEB 15 2012: Wella Cashmere Light Warm Blonde
    FEB 18 2012: Revlon Colorsilk Medium Ash Brown
    MAR 21 2012: Manic Panic Pretty Flamigo
    Price: - Lost track
    Changes: When I first bleached all my hair it felt like straw but as time progress & took care of it, it feels normal but is dry when I use no serum in it
    Comments: - I regretted at first because I missed my virgin hair, but now I don't because when I'm older I won't be able to play with different hair colors and I might as well do it while I'm still young.
  • NesquickbooNesquickboo westerosPosts: 353Member

ROOKIE

This might be a stupid question... but;
    I dyed my hair about 4 months ago a darkish brown (but it looks like a honey brown in the sun) and the roots are now showing. I want to dye my hair another hair colour so if I do would I need to apply the hair dye on the roots first then one the rest of my hair?
    Thanks in advance ^-^
  • gisellaaagisellaaa Houston, TXPosts: 349Member

IDOL

Hi there! I have a question -.-;
    I'm thinking of dyeing my hair again (it's currently naturally dark brown-black..although it's slightly lighter in the roots because I dyed it about two years ago).

I'm not sure which hair dye to choose: 
    Etude House Bubble Hair Color 
    Kao Liese Bubble Hair Color

I've heard good reviews about both... But you see, the problem is I have really dry and damaged hair from my previous DIY hair coloring (I used L'Oreal...never going to use those ever again in my life!). I don't want my hair to be more damaged. My friend says Liese smelled more chemical and when she dyed her hair with it, it came out really dry and the color faded after 2 weeks! But then again, the Liese hair dye is more expensive than the Etude House one (Liese is about $17 and the Etude house is $13) -.-;

So what do you guys recommend? ^^ hehe I'm open to all suggestions...
  • heyBheyB Posts: 56Member

ROOKIE

How to get this hair colour?
    11bois3.jpg

I dyed my hair with L'oreal Paris: Feria Violet Soft Black and it turned out more red than purple. I was wondering how I could make it more like that without dying it again?
    heyB wrote on 26 March 2012 - 07:33 PM:

How to get this hair colour?
    *quoted image*

I dyed my hair with L'oreal Paris: Feria Violet Soft Black and it turned out more red than purple. I was wondering how I could make it more like that without dying it again?

If you just let it fade it should turn out like that, that's how my hair looked after 2 months+ of not dying. Also use red colour shampoo like John Frieda etc. I use a lot of heat on my hair as well so I think that's why it turned out that fade-red/purpleish colour ^^'
    use a spray leave in/colour protecting conditioner too if you wish :)
  • white.pianowhite.piano CAPosts: 409Member

IDOL

A few months ago, I got highlights on the ends of my hair and a bit on my bangs (my fail attempt at ombre lol) and that was the first time I ever dyed my hair. I got it done at a salon, and I guess my hair was pretty stubborn because the color didn't show up at first until she went back and put more on... now I want to dye my whole head brown. How do I get everything to be even? I really want to do it at home this time :/ Will dyeing the highlighted parts black again first work?
     // blog
  • elysium.elysium. Posts: 932Friend of Soompi

IDOL

For those who want an ombre dyed style hair, I found a great tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuRzz4orjYM&feature=related

It's for black/dark brown virgin hair. I just thought I'd post this because I'm searching on how to fix my stupid hair, since yesterday, I went to the salon to try and get this ombre dyed hair style (leave it to the professionals, right?)... BIG MISTAKE, they f*cked me!!

Now I'm stuck with ugly bright random highlights half way up my hair in RANDOM PLACES and even at my ROOTS!! I LOOK LIKE A SKUNK!!! -_____-

$70 bucks for pros who half-Richard Simmons the job. I want to go back and make them fix it, but knowing them, they'd mess it up even more, not worth damaging my hair even further...
  • xmichelle_xmichelle_ Posts: 25Member
    monkey_24 wrote on 30 March 2012 - 11:30 PM:

have any one tried the Garnier Nutrisse Haircolor, R3 Light Intense Auburn Nourishing Color Creme Permanent im interest in this because it says for dark hair :)

i used the R2 medium intense one. it turned out a pretty noticeably red and in the sun it was really bright also i had brownish hair before. but sadly it fades out pretty quickly. like 2 weeks if you wash your hair everyday!

Sizerly wrote on 17 March 2012 - 02:36 AM:

Can any expert/experienced hair dying soompiers help me out with this? :D

My hair is this colour at the moment, maybe faded a little bit...
    *quoted image*

I have a half a bottle of 20 V 6% pyroxide left, meaning I got around 10V ~3% left? And a random red hair dye tube that a friend got for me from HK.
    *quoted image*

Anddd this is the current box I normally use from Schwarzkopf, Intensive Red.
    *quoted image*
    My question is, what do I have to do to achieve the colour below? Maybe a tiny bit darker than that. Should I mix the leftover I had from my last hair dye (the pyroxide and maybe even the leftover hair dye) with my current Schwarzkopft box dye? How about should I go doing that? :) I could go to the hair dresser but I kinda want to try using box dye first to dye it gradually and see how it goes. I often dye my hair the same colour every 2-3 months, never dye my hair any colour except red...

*quoted image*

Or should I go for a blonde/orangeish hair like Hyori Lee ;__; I'm really not sure which to pick!
    *quoted image*

what hair dye did you use to achieve your current hair color? thankss!
  • {minuhh{minuhh Posts: 184Member

ROOKIE

So I have a question about dying you hair.
    I'm planning to put two orange streaks in my hair, and I wanted to ask about bleaching it.
    I'm going to use raw white out 40 vol bleach kit, and I was wondering if after bleaching, do you directly dye your hair right after? Or do you have to wait a day or something?
    Sounds confusing but what I'm basically asking is right after bleaching your hair can you dye it? Or do you need to wait a while?
    ____________________________________the one and only
    2eb68g5.jpg
    love me till the end__________________________________
  • nobody knowsnobody knows what I think outof thisworldPosts: 13,075Member

IDOL

I guess it depends on how much you value the condition of your hair ... lol
    like I don't really care, I'll bleach it 5 times in a day and just condition it more often afterwards

but if you care how silky smooth your hair is, I'd suggest (deep) conditioning and giving your hair around 2 weeks rest before dying

however if you intend on bleaching once only, you'll get a brassy orangey colour anyway ~__~

IDOL

elysium. wrote on 01 April 2012 - 11:43 AM:

For those who want an ombre dyed style hair, I found a great tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuRzz4orjYM&feature=related

It's for black/dark brown virgin hair. I just thought I'd post this because I'm searching on how to fix my stupid hair, since yesterday, I went to the salon to try and get this ombre dyed hair style (leave it to the professionals, right?)... BIG MISTAKE, they f*cked me!!

Now I'm stuck with ugly bright random highlights half way up my hair in RANDOM PLACES and even at my ROOTS!! I LOOK LIKE A SKUNK!!! -_____-

$70 bucks for pros who half-Richard Simmons the job. I want to go back and make them fix it, but knowing them, they'd mess it up even more, not worth damaging my hair even further...

Hi guys! I'm back again, with pictures of my previous dilemma. xD So you'll see what stage I'm at and what I went through this weekend to get it like this. Then what I plan to do with it after a couple of weeks (since I don't want to completely kill off my hair and turn it into a bird's nest LOL).

1. Soooo, here's my black virgin hair. I've been growing it out for about a year now. You won't get to see the back, just the color. It's pretty long in the back.
    Snapshot_20120214.jpg

2. I was waiting for the perfect moment to color my hair and I originally wanted an "ombre" look. The picture I showed my stylist were more like highlights, but nevertheless, it still had the "ombre" effect at the ends of her hair. I explained to him clearly what I wanted, and well, he half-assed my hair, and the colors were far from the ones in the pic, more like clownish blonde, plus they were scattered in random spots and blotchy, some at my roots, some at my ends. It had no fade-out effect, just really blotchy and ugly. I had to go home and dye it a darker shade to make it less noticeable, but it still looked really bad.

Example picture I showed the stylist of what type of hair coloring I wanted:
    blondehighlightssonbrunette-2.jpg

Turned out like this, but I couldn't take a detailed pic of how blotchy it actually was (color was like really mustard clownish looking blonde):
    Snapshot_20120402.jpg

I tried to conceal it with a darker color, which made it a little better I guess:
    Snapshot_20120401_2-1.jpg

3. Then I went back to the salon (took a risk I guess since he was willing to fix it for free). Turned out kind of what I wanted, but I'll have to fix it and add some brown to create the correct "ombre" effect I wanted. My hair is completely fried and damaged now because he had to re-do everything. He really destroyed my hair. I could tell he was reluctant to re-do my hair too, he really managed to pull out my hair and create some new split ends... But the color is what's important I guess. x___x
    Snapshot_20120403.jpg

Now I'm basically waiting a couple of weeks to dye the mid parts (where black fades to blonde) like a brownish auburn color. Hopefully it'll turn out something like this:
    Picture+1.png

Wish me luck!!
  • 1finedai1finedai Posts: 310Member

IDOL

elysium. wrote on 04 April 2012 - 05:51 AM:

Hi guys! I'm back again, with pictures of my previous dilemma. xD So you'll see what stage I'm at and what I went through this weekend to get it like this. Then what I plan to do with it after a couple of weeks (since I don't want to completely kill off my hair and turn it into a bird's nest LOL).

1. Soooo, here's my black virgin hair. I've been growing it out for about a year now. You won't get to see the back, just the color. It's pretty long in the back.
    *quoted image*

2. I was waiting for the perfect moment to color my hair and I originally wanted an "ombre" look. The picture I showed my stylist were more like highlights, but nevertheless, it still had the "ombre" effect at the ends of her hair. I explained to him clearly what I wanted, and well, he half-assed my hair, and the colors were far from the ones in the pic, more like clownish blonde, plus they were scattered in random spots and blotchy, some at my roots, some at my ends. It had no fade-out effect, just really blotchy and ugly. I had to go home and dye it a darker shade to make it less noticeable, but it still looked really bad.

Example picture I showed the stylist of what type of hair coloring I wanted:
    *quoted image*

Turned out like this, but I couldn't take a detailed pic of how blotchy it actually was (color was like really mustard clownish looking blonde):
    *quoted image*

I tried to conceal it with a darker color, which made it a little better I guess:
    *quoted image*

3. Then I went back to the salon (took a risk I guess since he was willing to fix it for free). Turned out kind of what I wanted, but I'll have to fix it and add some brown to create the correct "ombre" effect I wanted. My hair is completely fried and damaged now because he had to re-do everything. He really destroyed my hair. I could tell he was reluctant to re-do my hair too, he really managed to pull out my hair and create some new split ends... But the color is what's important I guess. x___x
    *quoted image*

Now I'm basically waiting a couple of weeks to dye the mid parts (where black fades to blonde) like a brownish auburn color. Hopefully it'll turn out something like this:
    *quoted image*

Wish me luck!!

good luck! and that stylist totally doesnt get the difference between streaks, highlights, and ombre. I found that if you don't live in a trendy city, a lot of stylist dont know jack about how to do ombre or highlights for the matter, a lot of them will put streaks (chunky strands of blonde in your hair, that dont blend in with your hair). Why boggles my mind, b/c ombre is the pretty simple to achieve. I think you're better off doing it yourself next time. Hopefully, you get the results you wanted.

IDOL

1finedai wrote on 04 April 2012 - 12:29 PM:

good luck! and that stylist totally doesnt get the difference between streaks, highlights, and ombre. I found that if you don't live in a trendy city, a lot of stylist dont know jack about how to do ombre or highlights for the matter, a lot of them will put streaks (chunky strands of blonde in your hair, that dont blend in with your hair). Why boggles my mind, b/c ombre is the pretty simple to achieve. I think you're better off doing it yourself next time. Hopefully, you get the results you wanted.

Definitely agree. I should've known better. My mom convinced me to have a "professional" do it because since they are "professionals" they automatically "know what they are doing". I thought... hey.. what could go wrong? Haha. I'm so naive. But anyways, thank you for the support, I appreciate it. :)
    xmichelle_ wrote on 01 April 2012 - 03:18 PM:

what hair dye did you use to achieve your current hair color? thankss!

hey there, I used Schwrazkorpf Intensive Colour Creme, Intense Red. (in Australia, not sure if they have them overseas) They have two of them I think, one is especially for dark hair because they also included some lightening ingredients and the other one is just normal one. Just keep dying it over and over again every 1.5 months or so. That colour in the image is my hair after 2 months of not dying, so it's more like the "washed out" version of it. Hope that helps!
  • DeadSmileDeadSmile Posts: 179Member

ROOKIE

ok so like a year ago, i dyed my hair black with loreal permanent black hair dye. At that time, i rly liked black hair but now i want to go lighter so yesterday i bought the L'Oreal True Brunettes in Ultra Light Ash Brown and only my roots and some parts turned out to be the color i wanted! I really like the color but i want my entire hair to be that color. is there any way i can get the black out of my hair?

IDOL

edited April 2012
    DeadSmile wrote on 06 April 2012 - 10:01 AM:

ok so like a year ago, i dyed my hair black with loreal permanent black hair dye. At that time, i rly liked black hair but now i want to go lighter so yesterday i bought the L'Oreal True Brunettes in Ultra Light Ash Brown and only my roots and some parts turned out to be the color i wanted! I really like the color but i want my entire hair to be that color. is there any way i can get the black out of my hair?

You'll have to strip the dark colors out. It's harder to dye your hair a lighter color if it's been dyed black.
    Here's a page on home remedies as an alternative for least damage, then there's a list of actual products you can buy if home remedies do not work.

http://www.totalbeautyanswers.com/how-to-remove-hair-dye.html
  • DeadSmileDeadSmile Posts: 179Member

ROOKIE

elysium. wrote on 06 April 2012 - 06:06 PM:

You'll have to strip the dark colors out. It's harder to dye your hair a lighter color if it's been dyed black.
    Here's a page on home remedies as an alternative for least damage, then there's a list of actual products you can buy if home remedies do not work.

http://www.totalbeautyanswers.com/how-to-remove-hair-dye.html

thanks for replying. i was researching and stumbles upon this product called color opps. im not sure if it'll work and i'm scared it'll damage my hair. I'm thinking of only putting it on my hair from my ear down but im not sure. >_> ahh i should not have dyed it black!