Does This Burberry Scarf Look Real?

Guest changsta

Guest changsta

please help me verify. =)
Does this Burberry scarf look real to you? The pictures are from Ebay and its selling for $169.00 ... original price: $265.00

The seller also has a money back guarantee and over 600 reviews. I want to buy this for my mom since she's in love with this scarf, but I looked on Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Avenue and they only have weird multi colors or pink. Worth it??

Does anyone know where I can buy a similar scarf from Burberry guaranteed authentic? Or if any other brand has something like this? Thanks!

8f4c_1.jpg

8f95_1.jpg

8fbb_1.jpg

8fde_1.jpg

9008_1.jpg

905f_1.jpg

903f_1.jpg

Guest pink1e

If you don't care about the price then buy it at saks.com since your Saks don't have it. Currently offering free shipping.

The tags seems a little iffy. O.o What is that last tag thing?

It seems like it has a few broken threads between the 4th and 5th string in the forth picture. I don't know.. if I'm going to spend more than $150 for a scarf, I'd like it in perfect condition.

Guest xdaisiesx3

It looks fine to me, but just in case, go to a nearby outlet to get it for a cheaper price, or if you're okay paying the original price, order it online. :)

Guest pingkix118

ehh.. seems a little iffy..

either it's a fake and was poorly made..

or it was not taken very well.. except, the tags seem to look okay.. so i think i'm going to go with my first idea??

Guest miyoko

it looks real. i just went into burberry the other day and i looked at their scarves. it's cute, i wanted to get one but i really can't afford it now. :(

in some of the pictures, the thread seems to be a bit off, though. the tag and everything else seem fine.

if you're willing to take the risk...but if not, since it IS ebay, don't buy it.

Guest peachesncre4ms

on the 4th pic, it looks like the threads are gonna fall apart. the tag looks iffy. i think its fake. but dont take my words for it though.

Guest pink1e

Okay, after a little digging. I'll draw everyone's conclusion of whether or not this scarf is authentic with this post

1. OP's Picture - This tag should be like this. You can see the difference in sewing. You can also see the there's a dangling thread on the right in the OP's picture. The tag on real ones lay flat on the scarf whereas this one puffs up.

2. OP's Picture - Retail tag should not have price on the bottom proportion. Should be similar to this

3. OP's Picture - This tag should be white like this and this and shouldn't cover any pattern. [correction by rigashi: can be black or beige also].

Conclusion: It's a really expensive fake.

=) done

Guest rigashi

^ I've seen beige and black tags in the past, on scarves bought from a Burberry boutique.

It looks like a style from last winter season. But to be honest, I don't think it's ever a good idea to buy designer items off ebay.

Guest AllaN_K_H

^ that person means out

Uhhh, for scarfs, I don't trust ebay, sanitary and quality concerns.

I'd really suggest you travel to a few more shops and look around just to be on the safe side. Uhhh if money is a concern, you can always find fake ones, I'm assuming.. I've seen many fake burberry scarves around, the caramel colored one. And unless your making big bucks, I doubt that you'd like to spend that much on one SCARF, cause you can get replicas from other places for a fraction of the price. Anywho, its your choice, I'm happy with my Jack&Jones scarf, and it's like.. $40.

Oh yea, CASHMERE is actually goat fur for those who didn't realize. But not all their products are made from animal fur.

-AllaN

Archived