Konad Nail Art

Guest stellamaris

Guest stellamaris

Sorry if this thread has been opened before, but the search function is probably indefinitely disabled on Soompi. Anyway..

Konad developed a new system of nail decoration where you can "stamp" designs onto your nails. I just found out about it recently and I have to say, I'm really interested. It seems really easy and fun to use, but it's pretty expensive for a nail kit (see Ebay for lowest prices though). I'm wondering--has anybody used this before? I heard that you can only use their polishes for the stamps, since they have a different formula or something. Not that it deters me, but it is a bit inconvenient.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehee yyeah i got it as a gift .

i don`t think yuuu HAVE to use theirs cuz i used my own nail polish .

it is pretty easy to use though and it`s pretty ^.~

i've Konad. I bought them on eBay

fun and easy to use

i posted a couple of my creation as a beginner on the Nail Thread :P

you can buy them on www.wowsocool.com

they offer free shipping in USA (I think Canada too, not sure)

The plates there are cheaper than the plates one Bay.

yeah, you need to use their nail polish

because regular nail polish is not as thick, it's watery.

Konad nail polish is really thick, the paint can't dry as fast as the regular nail polish, takes a long time.

but, the person above said you could use the regular nail polish.

the Konad has nice and fun colors though, that I can't find them at the CVS or beauty supply stores.

Guest lovesaffinity

Using the Konad nail polish will give you the best results.

It's special nail polish because is dries super fast so the nail polish has the consistency to stick to the stamp then to your nail.

I have been a HUGE fan on the Konad nail stamps since about 3 years ago and i still love it.

It is kind of pricey

but i do my nails ALL the time so for me its definitely worth it.

its fun to have if you only do your nails ever so often too.

Plus you can stamp other things like cell phones...basically any hard surface.

but i would DEFINTELY recommend this product.. its one of my favorites and it has never let me down =)

Guest PunchNine

Check the nail thread.

I think you can only use the Konad paint/polish with the stamp. Wont work with regular nail polishes.

Kinda overpriced, imo...

Basic 3 stamp system was like, what 30 bucks?

You're better off buying acrylic paints and the paint designs yourself. That's what I do.

Guest stellamaris

Wow, a lot of nice reviews. I think the point of Konad is to decorate nails with intricate designs quickly--I think I might buy a set to start off with. ^^

I was at a store and Konad was there doing like a nail art demo.

When I went by the stand, I was like "eh why not?" so the lady at the stand did my nails for me as a demo.

At first I was like..."heyy I've heard of Konad" because I saw some people posting their nail art done with Konad on the Nail Thread.

It's really neat! but then I wondered if you had to use THEIR nail polish...or can you use any other =\

hmmms...I think I should buy one of these Konad kits one day =)

Guest stellamaris

kyosuauntyem from Ebay had a really great deal for Konad a few days ago...I'm not sure when she might restock, so it's definitely something to look into (her deal was $10.99 for any 3 itmes (nail polish, design plate, etc.), free shipping for over $20, and free shipping + gift for over $30)

• 10 months later...
Guest jocey_xoxo

i went shopping with my mom to get nail polish and saw this really cute nail shop, the girl gave us a free demo and i totally fell in love!

i got the starter set and some plates , then i went back to get the sponging kit and more plates!!

in love with it..

practising mre and more so i cn put more and more intricate designs!

^^

I definitely recommend you get the started kit and develop your collection from there. Once you start, there's no turning back. Lol! But seriously, they're fun to use and it gets easier if you use them often. I've tried using regular polish with konad but the result is not as nice. Regular polish is too watery whereas konad's special polish is 5 times thicker than regular polish. It'll take a while to dry but the result is way better.

Yeah i recently got a Konad nail art kit from Missha, and i reckon its quite awesome (:

The kit came with a stamp, a plate with about 5-6 designs, the special Konad nail polish and the scraper thing.

And it cost me $16 AUD, which isn't really that expensive...i guess.

It's easy to use and it doesn't take that much time!

And the designs are also pretty <3

Also you can stamp designs not only on your nails but also on cell phones and other hard surfaces.

Im thinking of stamping some designs onto my cell phone, maybe ill post some pics up if i have time (:

And yes, for best results you have to use the Konad special nail polish. You can use your own, but the texture is a little more runny, so i advice to just use the special nail polish.

And it dries pretty fast, i havent had any trouble with it drying too slow or smudging or anything (:

The only thing that i have to criticize about it is the fact that you have to have quick hands to complete the whole process, if you know what i mean.

Like putting the nail polish on the plate, scraping it off, then pressing the stamp on it and stamping your fingernail.

It took me a while to get the hang of it, because initially i was working a tiny bit too slow (cos sometimes i can be a perfectionist) and the nail polish dried a bit on the stamp so it came out a tiny bit patchy and inconsistent on my nails.

But after a few practises i got fluent at it and yeah (:

So if anyone has been thinking of getting it, i would recommend to get the simple starter kit first (:

It shouldn't cost you a lot of money, and it's a great way to design your nails without having to pay a lot to get a manicure (:

Guest flyxxaway

I have a plate and I don't use their nail polish.

The lady kept pushing stuff at me until I got angry and only bought the plate and the scraper and stamp. She was too excited...then when I went back to get more plates the store cart was gone :(

Guest saintdaifuku

the starter kit is pretty nice, i have to get myself some more of the plates

only thing i don't really like is sometimes the nail polish doesn't cover the entire design,

or the design doesn't transfer completely from the stamp to your nail

and then you have to do it over again <-- annoying when you have a different colour for the base

other than that, it's really good

can someone post pictures of what konad nail art is.. for the people who don't kno?

mabe i am the only one who doesn't kno wat it is :sweatingbullets:

Guest cosmicbeat.

I absolutely LOVE Konad.

I don't think i could ever live without it xD haha.

i got it from the link bunny posted , and i got plate m31 & m03 .

i love it.

Archived