'403 Forbidden' Ie Problem

Guest thecursiveQ

Guest thecursiveQ

There's something wrong with my IE...

I just changed my broadband's subscription to another telecom's and now I can't open clubbox sites... T.T

This page appears whenever I enter a clubbox address:

90787633lz8.png

But this sometimes happens to other websites too...though I'm able to access to them after a while but it goes back again O.O

I use Norton's internet security program. Please help!

There's something wrong with my IE...

I just changed my broadband's subscription to another telecom's and now I can't open clubbox sites... T.T

This page appears whenever I enter a clubbox address:

[...]

But this sometimes happens to other websites too...though I'm able to access to them after a while but it goes back again O.O

I use Norton's internet security program. Please help!

I don't think anything's wrong with your IE. Somewhere between your browser and the Internet proper is a content filter that has been instructed not to let you visit any naughty naughy sites that might corrupt your morals or imperil National Security. Some ISP's provide these by default and you have to ask to have them switched off or adjusted. They can be located: 1) On your PC itself -- unlikely by the sound of it 2) In your home router 3) At an external location operated, not by your ISP, but by your home router maker -- Belkin for example, offer such a subscription service to Concerned Parents 4) At your ISP.

I'm afraid some detective work is called for...

Guest thecursiveQ

Oh shucks =(

My modem sort of doubles as a router and I'm kinda (okay, totally) hardware illiterate.

I suppose at least there are times when there's no problem.

Thanks anyway Baduy!

Oh shucks =(

I suppose at least there are times when there's no problem.

Hey don't give up so easily!! Imagine your ISP (or your router) is the majority of KDrama fans who don't think Insoon is Pretty is worth watching. You wouldn't give in to them so easily, any more than the other devotees in that thread would. So work on this one!

Since you recently changed ISP, that's the most likely source. Is there anything in your new ISP's literature, or on their website, about "Parental Control" or "Adult Content Filter" or such like? That's the first place to start. There are a couple of other possibilities, but I think they can be left aside for now (IE7 has a facility to apply "site ratings", but it's hard to turn on by accident, and there's a filter module in Norton, but it doesn't produce messages like the one you showed.

If you think this is too nerdy for the topic thread, then PM me and we can maybe take it further that way and report back here if and when there's some useful result.

Archived