Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wisdom Teeth?

PEARLeffectsPEARLeffects ♥ y o U-kiss Me on FiRE ♥ Posts: 4,510Friend of Soompi
if this is the wrong section, please move..><
I was just wondering for those who have their wisdom teeth pulled out already...
How was it?
Was it very very painful?
How do they take the wisdom teeth out?
Sorry I'm a very slow person so thats why i sound like a baka image
And just to let you guys know if anyone is wondering or thinks I'm younger than 19 or something I'm not, because I'm 19 so yeah haha
There are people who thinks I'm younger just because I ask these kinda questions image
Anyways please reply...
I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled out soon and I'm scared because I heard that it's gonna be a Pillsberry Doughboy :'(
I'm scared of needles and pain SIGH..
GOODLUCK TO ME HUH? ><
Anyways please reply nicely and respectfully.
I appreciate it.
Thanks ^^

PS.
SORRY IF THIS IS THE WRONG SECTION, IF SO, PLEASE MOVE THIS.
imageimage
Avatar Credits: by_theMOONlight (me) @SOOMPI//Banner Credits: Sachiko & micha93 @SOOMPI
MY SHOP <3 MY STATUS THREAD <3 MY REQUEST THREAD <3

Replies

• sentuhmentalfo0lsentuhmentalfo0l Posts: 3,377Member

ROOKIE

mine hurt...a lot (not to scare you or anything)
    only my upper wisdom teeth had came out
    the bottom two just surfaced the gums
    so they cut the bottom two out
    and pulled (more like yanked) my upper teeth
    i couldn't eat solid foods for like a week
    and i had my jaw iced for like...3 days
  • MoonlightConfessionx3MoonlightConfessionx3 Sydneyyyyy.Posts: 371Member
    ^ Ouchhhhh ~
    Mine wasn't too bad..
    I had to take out my bottom two molars 'cause I've got a super small jaw and they were on an angle and started pushing my other two teeth. =/
    The first wisdom tooth I took out, hurt like crazy cause my gum wasn't fully numb yet from the injection and he yanked it out. >_<
    But the other one wasn't too bad.. Actually it didn't hurt at all. image
    I'm still struggling to eat solid foods, since I only took em out like.. a few days ago, but I'm managing. image
    Close your eyes and leap
    'cause it might be worth the fall.
  • BabyKBabyK CaliforniaPosts: 4,147Member

ROOKIE

Does EVERYONE in their life time HAVE TO get their wisdon teeth pulled out? o__o
  • willieyumwillieyum Posts: 7Member
    I work at nob hill dental as a dental assistant my boss uses septocaine for the num shots to get the gum all num then 8 - 10 mins later after it's all num he uses forceps to get the wisdom teeth loose and then yank out the wisdom teeth afterward he uses a cotton plier hold a tiny needle with strings to stitch back the wisdom teeth hole together. Afterward wait until the num go away and keep biting down on the gauze few hours later it will start hurting take the pain killers medicine that the doctor prascribe you it might probably hurt for a week eat soft stuff like porridge make sure the food don't get into the hole when the stitches comes off is nasty. There is different way people get their wisdom teeth taken out it really depend on how the wisdom grow out, some are easier and some are very difficult that the doctor has to use IV sedation to make the patient go to sleep to pull it out. That is all I know hope that help image
  • *selena*selena Australia, Mel-BurnPosts: 53Member
    Its alot easier and less painful if you take them out earlier/ younger. The two bottom wisdoms are the crucial ones as they are near the main vein of your jaw, so if it is damaged during surgery, you may have no sensation in your bottom jaw. Trying not to scare you, but those cases are very rare.

Sad to say your jaw may be swollen for a few days and all you eat is baby foods. Just make sure you take your pain killers on time and get plenty of sleep after it.

Good luck!
  • tungywungytungywungy OklahomaPosts: 84Member
    edited November 2007
    I had mine out last friday. It wasn't too bad and I ate chicken fingers and fries the next day. The only problem was that it took me like an hour to eat since it took forever to chew with my front teeth. But if it's not bothering you, you should wait until you are about to lose your parent's insurance converage. Just so the wisdom teeth can grow out a little bit more and make it easier for the oral surgeon or dentist to remove. And so it can grow out and clear the nerve areas making it less likely to affect you.

It didn't hurt at all for me but everyone is different. I took one pain pill for the first day and after that I was completely fine. But other people will be in pain for a week. The swelling was minimal so I took some Ibuprofen and that was enough for the swelling.
  • kimchee1kimchee1 Posts: 1,365Member
    QUOTE(BabyK @ Nov 14 2007, 01:19 AM) »
    Does EVERYONE in their life time HAVE TO get their wisdon teeth pulled out? o__o

nope its only those who need to. and im one of those people =[
  • Cheri.B*Cheri.B* Posts: 1,604Friend of Soompi
    How was it?
    Very bloody and the dried blood left in my mouth gave me a bad odor in my mouth image
    Was it very very painful?
    It is very painful for me only because I refused to take the pain relievers after my oral surgery.
    It was painful I gave in.
    How do they take the wisdom teeth out?
    They did it while I was awake.
    I do not want them to take out any teeth. image
    They just try to crush the teeth and pull the whole teeth out from the roots (I think)
    How Long did it take?
    onnly 20-30 minutes
    How long did it take to heal?
    Perhaps 2-3 weeks for me.
    I couldn't eat any solid or hard food. image

The experience varies.
    My friend didn't felt any pain and she healed quicker than I did.
    Hers healed in 1 week. Lucky image
  • ZiGeNX77ZiGeNX77 ☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺ Bay Area, CaliforniaPosts: 2,740Moderator

Pulling wisdom teeth is for necessity or convenience. Some people's teeth get squished together making them more crooked because of wisdom teeth, or if they get impacted they have to get them out. Other people take them out because it is a rarely used tooth that is hard to brush and floss so you can remove them.

It wasn't that painful, thanks to the drugs. I think they break the teeth up into pieces and pull them out.

Most people have 2 or 4. Luckily I only had 2, so the swelling was minimal. 4 teeth people look like chipmunks hehe. Just set it for a weekend and you'll be fine by the weekday.
    ~Soompi Moderator Team - David
  • mnguyen725mnguyen725 SWATPosts: 180Member
    O_O that's scary...

last year i went to one dentist and he said that i'm gonna have to have it pulled out... then i went to another dentist and he said that i should have a 2nd opinion, but i was pregnant so i couldn't have an x-ray done.

Homer (Upon finding out he's been admitted to college): (Singing) I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T! S-M-R-T! I mean, S-M-A-R-T!
  • Bboy StanBboy Stan Herro! Warwick, Rhode IslandPosts: 586Friend of Soompi
    I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled out as well in December...putting me to sleep first and pulling out 4 wisdom teeth. 2 from each side and top and bottom.
  • misun07misun07 mingyusarang shooootingstar.Posts: 546Member
    i have to get them out real soon too.
    only b/c i'm planning on getting invisalign.
    either way, invisalign or not, i have to get them out.
    they said they're going to take out all 4 while i'm asleep.
    you know, the shot they give you to fall asleep.
    my dad and brother got theirs out.
    all 4 of them.
    ><
    and it didn't hurt at all when they got them out.
    b/c they were asleep. but after ?
    i guessed it depends. everyones different.
    but normally 2-3 weeks.
    better to get them out young and when they aren't grown yet.
    mine don't even have roots yet.
    which is good, so they don't have to go through pulling out the nerves and roots.
    which hurt soooo much worse.
    hope it helped(:
    ☆★☆별별별
  • chromeheartschromehearts Posts: 1,373Friend of Soompi
    whoa whoa whoa
    my dentist told me i should get all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed
    but it didn't seem like he cared much about it

is it very crucial to get them removed when they don't even hurt?
  • CitrusFlowerCitrusFlower land of sweet berryPosts: 5,971Member
    silly question but what are wisdom teeth?since not everyone will have it pull out what did you guys to do that need it to be pull out?
    Beautiful women may make men swoon and other women will tremble but true love always keep the faith.
  • xo.xoxo.xo Posts: 59Member
    I took mines out in the summer, all 4, and it was horrible.
    I couldn't eat solid food for a week, so it was all milk, juice, icecream, soup, and eventually mashed potatoes (make sure it's really mashed because you don't want an infection).
    and I think it took just a little under a week for my face to swell down image So I would advise you to ice as much as you can cause I got lazy and didn't ice as much as I should've. there was a lot of sleeping and doing nothing for that week.

for mine, the doctors talked to me for a little bit and then they stuck a needle in me and just kept talking and when I woke up I was in the recovery room and my I couldn't feel anything. I was still numb for the first couple of days so drinking water was very messy lol. just remember to rinse well and be very cautious with the stitches and whatnot. oh, and take your painkillers right away and try not to be late when taking them (I think it was like every 4 hours) so you won't feel the pain. and try to drink something before taking the pills cause you have to take painkillers and anti-biotics and it makes you feel very nauseous if it's on an empty stomach.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but that's just what happened with me
    I went to go see my friend the day he got his out and he was perfectly fine! so I think it depends on each person and situation
    nevertheless, goodluck and rest lots image
  • eangelzeangelz Posts: 31Member
    QUOTE(メリーゴ @ Nov 15 2007, 12:45 PM) »
    is it very crucial to get them removed when they don't even hurt?

Some people don't need them removed but if your dentist tells you that you will have to then it means that later on if you leave them etc, it will hurt and cause infections etc.

QUOTE(vyvy94 @ Nov 15 2007, 02:57 PM) »
    silly question but what are wisdom teeth?since not everyone will have it pull out what did you guys to do that need it to be pull out?

Wisdom teeth grow right at the back of your mouth. They don't usually grow till you're around 18+ I think. People usually need to remove them either because they don't have enough space in their mouth for these extra teeth or because the teeth will grow awkwardly (as in not straight up) causing infections and such.

You don't mention how many you're getting removed ^^; I know some people remove one or two at a time whereas others who remove all four. I got all four removed but mine weren't growing yet or anything so as a result yes it was painful as you can imagine them cutting into the gum to remove the tooth. I was injected with a needle and fell asleep, next thing I knew I had a mouthful of cotton balls and felt numb and drowsy.

But despite saying that, like the person said above take your painkillers on time and you should be fine. I took mine a little late so the pain nearly killed me haha. If you take your painkillers on time you won't feel a thing though I had really strong painkillers which made me really drowsy so I was sleeping most of the time.

I swelled up like a soccer ball the first week.. but other than feeling uncomfortable I didn't feel much pain. I stopped taking the painkillers after the second ish day because they were too strong. I had congee for 2 weeks haha and because I couldn't really brush my teeth I rinsed with salt water every night to minimise infection etc.

I recovered in about 2 weeks. I know it sounds bad haha but lots of people have gone through it and they're all still smiling so don't worry too much image Better to get it over and done with. A few of my friends are currently in pain because of their wisdom teeth growing and they can't wait to get rid of them hehe.
  • CitrusFlowerCitrusFlower land of sweet berryPosts: 5,971Member
    QUOTE(eangelz @ Nov 15 2007, 06:02 AM) »
    Some people don't need them removed but if your dentist tells you that you will have to then it means that later on if you leave them etc, it will hurt and cause infections etc.
    Wisdom teeth grow right at the back of your mouth. They don't usually grow till you're around 18+ I think. People usually need to remove them either because they don't have enough space in their mouth for these extra teeth or because the teeth will grow awkwardly (as in not straight up) causing infections and such.

You don't mention how many you're getting removed ^^; I know some people remove one or two at a time whereas others who remove all four. I got all four removed but mine weren't growing yet or anything so as a result yes it was painful as you can imagine them cutting into the gum to remove the tooth. I was injected with a needle and fell asleep, next thing I knew I had a mouthful of cotton balls and felt numb and drowsy.

But despite saying that, like the person said above take your painkillers on time and you should be fine. I took mine a little late so the pain nearly killed me haha. If you take your painkillers on time you won't feel a thing though I had really strong painkillers which made me really drowsy so I was sleeping most of the time.

I swelled up like a soccer ball the first week.. but other than feeling uncomfortable I didn't feel much pain. I stopped taking the painkillers after the second ish day because they were too strong. I had congee for 2 weeks haha and because I couldn't really brush my teeth I rinsed with salt water every night to minimise infection etc.

I recovered in about 2 weeks. I know it sounds bad haha but lots of people have gone through it and they're all still smiling so don't worry too much image Better to get it over and done with. A few of my friends are currently in pain because of their wisdom teeth growing and they can't wait to get rid of them hehe.

is their anything you can do to prevent from getting it?
    Beautiful women may make men swoon and other women will tremble but true love always keep the faith.
  • puchaapuchaa Posts: 671Member
    yikes!! i have to get mine removed too but it's so tiny!! my dentist said if i don't remove it soon, it's going to push my other teeth and it's gonna be crooked

~GOS~Seungho-JiYeon

2PM~TaEC~~NiChKHuN~WoOyOunG
  • animeluverXanimeluverX California babyyyyyPosts: 610Friend of Soompi
    edited November 2007
    i got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out yesterday! The process didn't hurt at all though because they put me to sleep. image But afterwards, ugh, i couldn't even swallow my pain medication. It was soo hard for me to eat anything. I'm eating some soft/liquid foods right now though like porridge, oatmeal, yogurt, and applesauce. yum yum! Also, my mouth is super small, so i guess during the process when they have the thingies to pull your mouth open, it cut mine really badly. On both sides of my mouth there are 3 cuts about an inch big! it stings when i try to clean it or eat. oh, i'm 17 by the way. image
  • kissmyfacekissmyface CanadaPosts: 423Member
    I got all four of my wisdom teeth out a few years ago. It didn't hurt because i was put to sleep during the surgery. It only hurts the day after surgery when your mouth isn't frozen anymore. I found it hard to eat most foods and to talk, my face also swelled up like a chipmunk. But all in all I recovered in about 2 weeks, even though i did end up getting a slight infection -.-'