JYP/Park Jinyoung (박진영) Official Thread

chiyo

This thread is for everything related to JYP/Park Jin Young�s activities as a singer/producer and for his other efforts (his company, the artists, who didn�t debut yet etc.)
Feel free to add and correct information and i�ll update it! Have fun =)
Please only talk about JYP himself and the artists and trainees (Min, Gsoul, 12 member boygroup), who don�t have their own threads in here or you will get warned!

Official Myspaces:
Min
G-soul
J-Lim (Lim Jeong Hee)
Park Jin Young

Related Soompi Threads:
JYPE Auditioning Thread

Wonder Girls
G.O.D.
Nell

Park Jin-Young

The asian Soul
Comeback on the 2007 Mnet KM Music Festival on November 17th

Park Jin-Young (박진영, born November 13, 1972) also known as J.Y.Park is a South Korean singer and songwriter, and the current CEO/founder of JYP Entertainment, a major artist management/record label of Korean pop music and one of the most successful artists/entrepreneur in Asia. Park graduated from Yonsei University majoring in Geology in 1996. His debut was in 1994 with the first album Blue City. As a producer, he is the first Asian producer to successfully crossover to the U.S. He has produced music for Will Smith, Mase and Cassie. He has produced over 26 No.1 singles and 19 No.1 albums in Asia through his industry leading company, JYP Entertainment. Discovered, trained and produced �Rain� the biggest Asian artist in history. He also has produced music for F4 and Jackie Chung in China, and for AI in Japan. He is currently producing Asian singers, Min and G-soul, who will debut in the U.S. in 2007/2008.

200706110010_00.jpg0711jyp.jpg

Discography
*coming soon*

Endorsements:
Model for BMW, HP Presario Notebook, DSD Construction, Jinro Ballantine�s whiskey
Music for Samsung MP3 player, BMW Films

Awards
# BS Popular Song Grand Prize Producer of the Year Award (2002)
# Seoul Popular Song Grand Prize Composer of the Year Award (2001)
# KBS Popular Song Grand Prize Composer of the Year Award (2001)
# m.net music video Award (2001)
# Best Music Video Award (R&B category) (2001)
# SBS Popular Song Grand Prize Composer of the Year Award, Producer of the Year Award (2001)
# Seoul Popular Song Grand Prize Composer of the Year Award (2001)
# Daily Sports Popular Song Grand Prize Teen Singer of the Year Award (2001)
# SBS Popular Song Grand Prize Composer of the Year Award, Songwriter of the Year Award, Producer of the Year Award (2000)
# SBS Popular Song Grand Prize Composer of the Year Award (1999)
# SBS Popular Song Grand Prize Music Arrangement of the Year Award (1997)
# KBS Popular Song Grand Prize Singer in His Teens Award (1997)
# Model Line Selected "97 Best Dresser Award (1997)

Company Info

JYP Entertainment
JYP Entertainment (Korean: JYP 엔터테인먼트) is a South Korean talent agency named after its founder, Park Jin Young. The company is best known for producing singers Park Ji Yoon, Rain[1], R&B group g.o.d. and, more recently, girl group The Wonder Girls. The studio and headquarters of its US branch, JYP USA, officially opened in New York City in June 2007.[2]

Current Roster

* Park Jin Young (박진영): singer/producer
* Lim Jeong Hee (임정희): singer
* Park Joon Hyung (박준형)): actor/singer
* Lim So Young: model/actor
* Lee Young Yoo: model/actor
* Kim Dong Yoon: model/actor
* Han Soo Yeon: model/actor
* Cho Gyu Cheul: model/actor
* Ok Taec Yeon: actor
* Hwang Chang Sung: actor
* The Wonder Girls: pop/dance group
o Min Sun Ye (민선예): singer
o Sun Mi (선미): singer
o Ahn So Hee (안소희): singer
o Park Ye Eun (박예은): singer
o Kim Yoo Bin (김유빈): rapper
* Nichkhun Horvejkul: actor/singer (still in training)
* Kim Hyun A (김현아): rapper
Former rapper for the Wonder Girls; left due to health complications.
* Noel: soul/R&B group
o Lee Sang Gon (이상곤): singer
o Kang Kyun Sung (강균성): singer
o Jun Woo Sung (전우성): singer
o Na Sung Ho (나성호): singer

Former Roster

* Rain (비): actor/singer/model
Left in mid-2007 to start J.tune Entertainment (former Satec company).

* g.o.d.: R&B group; disbanded 2005
o Kim Tae Woo (김태우): singer
o Danny Ahn (데니 안): singer
o Son Ho Young (손호영): singer
o Yoon Kye Sang (윤계상): singer
* Byul (별): singer
* Jo Kyoo Cheol (조규철): actress/singer
* Park Ji Yoon (박지윤): actress/singer/model

* Ivy: singer

Was a JYP trainee for many years, but signed and debuted under Phantom/Yiga Entertainment, Lee Soo Young's former company.

Current Trainees (the known ones)
- JYP�s 12 Member Boyband (note: will update with member infos soon)
- Min
- Gsoul

credits to wikipedia.org and jyp�s myspace. thanks to I.said.hi, J.lee and cherriegoh for corrections ^^

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oooJessicaooo

yay a jype thread! it´s about time!!! i can´t for JYP´s comeback kekekeke. oh and someone should post up picture´s of the new boyband. they´re so hot!

Guest ★dreamcatcher★

i love Jinyoung! he´s so talented. i can´t wait for his comeback. i heard he already recorded 30 tracks for his new album. i wonder what the songs will be like.

Guest flyaway.

Actually, there was one before, but it was closed because JYP Entertainment never had albums together featuring all artists unlike SM (Winter and Summer albums) & YG.

Guest oooJessicaooo
Actually, there was one before, but it was closed because JYP Entertainment never had albums together featuring all artists unlike SM (Winter and Summer albums) & YG.
yeah but this time it should be ok, because JYP as an artist did release a few albums. jype entertainment belongs to jinyoung, so we should be allowed to talk about his trainees. if we can talk about his songs, his movies, pictures and his cfs, then why can´t we talk about his trainees as well? i mean in a way they´re his "works" too kekeke

Guest h@teusernames
yeah but this time it should be ok, because JYP as an artist did release a few albums. jype entertainment belongs to jinyoung, so we should be allowed to talk about his trainees. if we can talk about his songs, his movies, pictures and his cfs, then why can´t we talk about his trainees as well? i mean in a way they´re his "works" too kekeke
^ the part about his trainees as his "works" LOL :lol: Finally a thread to include all of JYP Entertainment!!!! I'm sooo looking forward to JYP's comeback ...checked out the teaser for his new mv on his myspace - looks good :D

Please make sure that this thread is for the discussion of JYP himself and also the singers and trainees under him who doesn't have an official thread. For JYP singers having an official thread (Wonder Girls, Lim Jeong Hee, Byul, etc.) the discussions should go into their own respective threads. Memebrs who failed to comply with this rule will receive a warning.

Guest i.said.hi

i know this isn't really that important, but at the bottom where you listed the artists, and former roster, Park Ji yoon, you got your info wrong. There are numerous Park ji yoons, there is a singer, and there is an mc. The part where you wrote that park ji yoon is with KBS is wrong, thats park ji yoon the announcer, and there is a different park ji yoon singer.

Guest minjee16

what happened to min? wasn't min supposed to debut or release a single/album in the us on the same day as snsd's comeback (nov.1)? i really curious to see if she will gain popularity. i am really glad there is jype thread! =)

^ yeah, i almost forgot she was already supposed to debut a week ago. oooJessicaooo: lol at the trainees are his "works" edward1849: thanks a lot! I.said.hi: thanks for the info. i deleted the part with kbs. do you know which company she is under now? edit: there´s no news of min´s debut on her myspace. i guess it got postponed. she has new pictures though. way too much photoshop, but pretty. min1_small.jpgmin2_small.jpgmin3_small.jpgphoto10.jpgphoto1.jpgphoto2.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto5.jpgphoto6.jpgphoto7.jpg

Guest cookieremix

uhmm. i'm not sure if min already released her album i saw a lot of pictures of her on some of the other jyp trainee's cyworlds but i'm not really sure yet xP

Former Roster * Rain (비): actor/singer/model Left in mid-2007 to start Rainy Entertainment.
It's not rainy ent. it's another company "J.Tune entertainment." former Satec company Rainy is Rain's Dad company not Jihoon. Also,at JYPE CEO is different not PJY as what i remember,but yeah he does the producing. I remember when he said that when he composed a song for Will smith and Mase,JYPE didn't acknowledge it and he didn't recieve any cent for a year,and it was really hard for him.

Guest oooJessicaooo

Min looks different in the photos. she doesn´t look like this in real life. IT´S HOTTIE TIME!!! "Wonderboys" ahem 12 member boygroup showcase. the reporter is talking all the time, so you can´t really hear their singing. their dancing is sexy and khun and the keyboard is just <3 <3 <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bhxx8z6o2g credits to makaio @ daum tv 4q8revs.jpg63h48kn.jpg6f0g83q.jpg

^ hotties! lol wonderboys hehehe

It's not rainy ent. it's another company "J.Tune entertainment." former Satec company Rainy is Rain's Dad company not Jihoon. Also,at JYPE CEO is different not PJY as what i remember,but yeah he does the producing. I remember when he said that when he composed a song for Will smith and Mase,JYPE didn't acknowledge it and he didn't recieve any cent for a year,and it was really hard for him.
thank youuuu =). i corrected the part about Rain´s new company. but are you sure JYP is not the Ceo of JYPE? because he´s listed as the CEO like everywhere. but i remember him saying that he might give up on being a CEO soon and concentrate only on producing when Rain left.

Guest h@teusernames
^ hotties! lol wonderboys hehehe thank youuuu =). i corrected the part about Rain´s new company. but are you sure JYP is not the Ceo of JYPE? because he´s listed as the CEO like everywhere. but i remember him saying that he might give up on being a CEO soon and concentrate only on producing when Rain left.
JYP is the CEO...he just wanted more time to produce and work on music and less on day to day business.

i wonder what's the latest with min in the US... any news guys?? because if she have indeed debuted already last Nov.1 she should at least be in the entertainment/music news, or on MTV right??? wonder what had happened... hey! how about the radio feedbacks???

yeah...finally a JYP thread ^^ their trainees are hot, khun and junsu, haha i am wondering whether JYP USA has a website or not the update news are usually got from myspace...... there are a lot of female trainees in JYP i think Joo is still in JYP, right?

Guest vana117724

I am not sure I am right on this...But JYP is having his comeback next week right?? I can't wait...he's so talented and young. NO wonder all the stars thathe produces make it big.. I have to give props to him. his music is AWESOME. (in lack of a better word)

Guest cookieremix

has anyone heard of who'll be the last member in jyp's 12 member group? i remember something about an audition being held and the advertisement for it but i didn't see any result...has he not picked one, yet?

Archived