Rapper (EH) & Song Writer & Actor
Tablo 이선웅

v_07048763.jpg

DATE OF BIRTH: July 22, 1980

PLACE OF BIRTH: South Korea

HEIGHT: 5'8

WEIGHT: --

BLOOD TYPE: --

FAMILY: 2 older sisters, brother, parents.

EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree in English Literature and Creative Writing, respectively from Stanford University, California, U.S

COMPANY: WOOLLIM Entertainment

* if someone could translate his biography from EH's official website, that'd be greatly appreciated :) - official website

Acted in Sitcom NONSTOP 5, Appeared on Unstoppable High Kick, & Upcoming Movie Fantastic Parasuicides (coming in early November!)

blonate.jpg

2006071310160770078_1.jpg

B1CDBFB1B3D7-pantum10.jpg

blohighkick.jpg

bcoms2007561833361.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest Charlot

YAY Tablo! =) aha, first time I saw him was on Xman (back in my discovery days, whee) and I thought he was such a dork, but adorable. aha It's unsettling how I'm shorter than he. I thought I was taller but no.

Cute in Nonstop 5 and I hope to see him soon in the upcoming one (or already came). aha, he fits the geek persona very well. THough that slick hair and huge honking glasses kinda scared me to be honest.

Great music--I don't usually listen to rap (actually, I despise rap because of the context that it usually has) but Epik High draws my attention well. I've only listened to music from the 4th CD though, so I can't really say much ^_^;

I was surprised to find he graduated from Standford =O not because I thought he was an idiot, but it's not like every Korean artist came from the US and graduated from a great college with a Bachelor's AND Master's. In English, too! I fail at foreign language (Spanish...must spite me with participation!) and I can't even learn my native Korean language D: (getting bits and pieces) so either if he learned Korean all together or English all together, he still maintains a very eloquent speech in both languages, which is amazing. I heared he wrote a short story in English and a writer critically acclaimed the thing. Wonder if WE can read it?

i really like him.....it's been a long time...i've been his fan....he's so quiet now....i've heard that he will have his own solo album....but when it is going out...i really miss epik high....they have been so quiet recently....

however epik high FIGHTING!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

ooh i love Tablo. Especially the fact that he`s really close with ma seung gi! :P LOve his songs love his raps. Such a good entertainer. And very funny too ^^

2688.jpg

• 9 months later...

September 5, 2009

Tablo, Kang to Tie Knot in October

090905_tablo.jpg

Hip-hop group Epik High leader Tablo and actress Kang Hye-jung will get married in October.

"Tablo is preparing for an October wedding. The couple will become father and mother next year," said an official for Tablo Saturday. "They had planned to wed next year but Kang's pregnancy caused them to advance the wedding date." Kang is reportedly in her fifth week of pregnancy.

Tablo, 29, and Kang, 27, have been dating since they first met at Epik High's Christmas concert last year. Unlike other celebrity couples who usually keep their love stories secret, Tablo and Kang have talked about their relationship through various TV shows and press interviews.

Tablo is a leading Korean hip-hop musician, rap artist, songwriter and lyricist.

Kang made her debut as a magazine model while attending high school. She gained fame through her role as "Mido" in "Oldboy," the critically acclaimed film directed by Park Chan-wook.

Source: koreatimes.co.kr

September 6, 2009

Tablo and Kang await first baby

2009090510221982823_1.jpg

star.moneytoday.co.kr

Epik High frontman Tablo and actress Kang Hye-jung of "Welcome to Dongmakgol" announced on Saturday the two will tie the knot next month and have a baby on the way.

1233798182705_1.jpg

joynews.inews24.com

In an announcement made through his management company Tablo said "It was fate that I fell in love at first sight with Hye-jung and we're preparing our wedding for this fall," and added "sometime in the middle of next year we will be a mother and father."

He explained further that plans for the wedding had been pushed forward from next year after they had been informed of Kang's pregnancy. "Hye-jung was always there for me during the difficulties I faced and went through after setting up the group's independent company earlier this year," he said.

"Right now, providing peace and love for the person I love is my top priority and I hope she can plan our future with me with comfort and ease. Please wish us all the best."

Credits: kws@heraldm.com via koreaherald.co.kr

September 8, 2009

Tablo, Kang Hye-jung to Get Married

Tablo of the group Epik High and actress Kang Hye-jung have announced their plans to get married in October. They also added that they are expecting a baby.

7129_347_l.jpg

Tablo said via his agency that he fell in love with Kang at first sight and that the two would tie the knot this coming fall. He also said that next year they would become parents.

The two initially planned to get married next year but they had to advance the date because of Kang's pregnancy. Tablo said he knew for sure that he wanted to marry Kang because she helped him through many hardships when he and his colleagues founded a firm.

Tablo said, "Her peace of mind is a priority to me at this point. I want her to rest assured as she prepares to spend the rest of her life with me. I hope everyone will congratulate us. I pray that our baby takes after her."

Source: KBS Global

• 1 month later...

October 26, 2009

Tablo, Kang Tie Knot Behind Closed Doors

091026_am_tablo.jpg

Tablo, right, and Kang Hye-jung

Another star couple was produced as hip-hop group Epik High leader Tablo and actress Kang Hye-jung tied the knot on Monday.

Tablo, 29, said in his blog posting right before his wedding, "I am happy. We'll have a nice life,'' unveiling a photo featuring him and his spouse.

The wedding ceremony took place at a wedding hall in southern Seoul behind closed doors. Hip-hop group Leessang sang a congratulatory song for the newlywed and such actors as Ahn Sung-ki, Song Kang-ho and Song Yoon-a and director Park Chan-wook were present at the ceremony. Singers such as Bobby Kim from Buga Kingz and Ha Dong-kyun attended the wedding ceremony.

His agency said the ceremony was not open to the public in consideration of safety, with only families and relatives as well as close friends attending. The couple will go on a honeymoon trip to Europe Tuesday.

Tablo and Kang, 27, have been dating since they first met at Epik High's Christmas concert last year. The couple had planned to wed next year but Kang's pregnancy caused them to advance the wedding date.

Unlike other celebrity couples who usually keep their love stories secret, Tablo and Kang have talked about their relationship through TV shows and press interviews.

Tablo is a leading Korean hip-hop musician, rap artist, songwriter and lyricist.

Kang made her debut as a magazine model while attending high school. She gained fame through her role as "Mido'' in "Oldboy," the critically acclaimed film directed by Park Chan-wook.

Credits: sahds@ koreatimes.co.kr

October 26, 2009

Tablo, Kang Now Husband and Wife

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

105874_l.jpg

Epik High leader Tablo, 29, and actress Kang Hye-jung, 27, wed Monday afternoon at the Bailey House, southern Seoul.

Few details of one of the year's most talked-about celebrity weddings were revealed but a press release by Tablo's management agency announced Sunday that the two were set to tie the knot at 1 p.m. at the residence-style wedding hall in Samseong-dong.

The private event, which, unlike other celebrity weddings, was closed to the press, was small in scale and included only relatives and a few friends.

Guests included hip hop artists Drunken Tiger, Yoon Mi-rae (aka. T) and Jung In, according to Yonhap News Agency. Tablo's fellow group member Mithra Jin hosted the event and hip hop duo Leessang took the stage as wedding singers, performing "Leessang Blues,'' said the news wire.

091027-1.jpg

The couple said that the wedding invitation, designed by a friend, was "the most beautiful among items bearing our name,'' and the most memorable among gifts, in a press release.

On the day of the wedding, before walking down the aisle, Tablo shared his feelings online. "I am happy, and we are going to live an exciting life,'' the 29-year-old wrote on me2today.net, a Korean micro-blogging service similar to Twitter.

The couple is set to depart Tuesday to Europe for their honeymoon and will reside in a home in Yongsan. They are also expecting a baby next year.

Meanwhile, Kang, who rose to fame through the award-winning film "Old Boy,'' will make her onscreen comeback in "Kill Me'' opposite Shin Hyun-joon. She was unable to attend the press preview for the movie, as it coincided with her wedding on Monday.

The romantic comedy about a heartbroken woman who hires a hit man to assist her suicide is set for release in theaters Nov. 5

Kang and Tablo had previously made their romantic status public, unlike many local celebrity couples. They made headlines in September by making their wedding announcement along with news of Kang's pregnancy.

091027-2.jpg

Credits: hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr / KAMA Studlo wedding photos from innolife.net

• 3 months later...

February 5, 2010

Tablo and Kang Hye Jung show their love and affection

by xvntbk on February 5, 2010

201002051505171001_1.jpg

news.nate.com

Onscreen romances typically result in netizens hunting down the couple in order to determine whether or not their portrayed chemistry was real. However, for a recently shot CF (commercial film), there was no storm of netizens going buck wild for the kiss between the two stars in the CF. Why? Because the couple is already married with a child on the way, so their kiss was no biggie.

Celebrity couple, Tablo of Epik High and Kang Hye Jung, is known for their PDA (Public Display of Affection) and they continued to publicly shower each other with love even during the shoot of an unspecified CF in Gyeonggi-do. This CF was the first the two filmed for as a couple, and it was even merrier because Kang Hye Jung is currently impregnated with their baby. It has been reported that Tablo was constantly caring for his pregnant wife and that the two were holding hands and exchanging pecks on the cheek throughout the whole time filming.

During an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Kang Hye Jung spoke of her pregnancy, “Every now and then, I feel the baby kick. Before the baby’s due date, I’ve been learning how to change diapers and bathe a baby from experienced women around me.” Kang Hye Jung also revealed that the baby seems to respond more to the father, Tablo.

When asked who gave the most money at their wedding, Kang Hye Jung replied, “There’s a person that we’re both close with and that person gave money to both the groom and bride’s side. That person is Lee Byung Hun.”

Source: allkpop.com

• 2 months later...

May 1, 2010

Tablo and Kang Hye Jung become parents of a baby daughter

by GhostWriter on May 1, 2010

ae_1272770161_-446873226_0.jpg

Having only just welcomed a celebrity baby yesterday, we get another today!

After Yoo Jae Suk and Na Kyung Eun became parents of a baby boy on May 1st, it was the turn of Tablo and Kang Hye Jung as they became parents of a baby girl on May 2nd.

Tablo wrote on his Twitter, “A night of a magical miracle…Today at 11:05AM, our beautiful girl was born! Hyejung and our baby are both very healthy~

Ah I’m crying because I’m so happy! My woman, who has been going through such hard times, is the best!!!”

YG Entertainment expressed, “Kang Hye Jung gave birth to a baby girl this morning at a hospital in Kangnam. Both mother and child are well and healthy. They are delighted to be parents and promised to raise the child well.”

We congratulate the couple on their first baby!

Source: allkpop.com

Archived