Also known as: 笛木優子 (ふえき ゆうこ) / Fueki Yuko
Profession: Actress
Birthdate: 1979-June-21
Birthplace: Tokyo
Height: 163cm
Weight: 43kg
Star sign: Gemini
Blood type: B
Talent agency: Oscar Promotions (http://www.oscarpro.co.jp/profile/fueki/info.html)

TV Shows
Kagero no Tsuji (NHK, 2007)
Hotelier (TV Asahi, 2007)
Warui Yatsura (TV Asahi, 2007)
Attention Please (Fuji TV, 2006)
Bad Housewife (SBS, 2005)
Stained Glass (SBS, 2004)
Good Person (MBC, 2003)
All In (SBS, 2003)
Wuri's Family (MBC, 2001)

Movies
APARTMENT (2007)
Tsukigami (2007)
Blue Swallow (2005)
The Hotel Venus (2004)
Shin Yukiguni (2001)
Hotaru (2001)

I start liking Yoo Min when I firsted watched Wuris Family and she played a mute. I thought she looked very pretty and cute and her acting skill was great however it was very hard to track her down on the internet since she was Japanese and surprisingly unpopular. I went through the forum and sadly her thread is unfound therefore i decided to make a thread for her.

In Wuris Family

All In

Not quite the latest update. Copied from ALL IN thread, originally from arirang

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=833

Yoo Min

33_1_star_01.gif33_2_star_02.gif

33_3_star_03.gif33_5_star_05.gif

Japanese actress Yumin has stolen the hearts of Korean fans with her innocent image and distinctly Asian features. This is her story.

Born Yuko Fueki, Yumin left a promising career in Japan to pursue her dreams in Korea. She was first offered the chance to work in Korea, after catching the eye of a Korean management agency during a function in Japan. Her debut came in the local TV drama called ‘Our House’ in which she played a mute. Since then, she has appeared in several other dramas and various TV shows.

In contrast to the strong and sexy image that seems to be in vogue among Korean women nowadays, Yumin’s charm lies in her demure character, modesty and natural beauty.

Once her makeup is complete, the actress is ready to face the cameras. Today’s shoot is an ad for a local biscuit company, one of several contracts offered to Yumin in light of her growing popularity.

However, the road to such success was not an easy one. Yumin had to adapt to a completely new environment when she moved to Korea. She had to become familiar with a new country, a new culture, and the most formidable task of all, a new language. Mastering Korean would be the key to her survival as an actress. Within a year however, her Korean improved remarkably.

Initially, the language barrier prevented her from landing speaking roles. Her face became recognizable through music videos at first, but as her Korean improved, so did the quality of roles that came in. The highlight of her still fledgling career here, was 'All In.' In the extremely popular drama, she played a crucial supporting role to the main characters of Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye-kyo.

She already has a large fan club, most of whose members are male.

She managed to achieve all this, in just two years since making the brave move to Korea.

Yumin is required to do some comic acting in today's ad. Her part is to play a jilted lover, who turns up at her former boyfriend’s wedding, with two babies in tow. At first, the single actress looks awkward holding the baby, but soon after, she begins to enjoy acting like a mom, and the baby seems pretty content as well. After a rehearsal, the cameras start rolling.

Yumin left behind a flourishing career in her home country to start anew in foreign surroundings. She explains the reasons behind her decision.

Her determination and hard work seem to have paid off, as the Korean people embrace her as one of their own.

HOMEPAGE http://www.yeoubeak.com/star01.html

Source: http://www.arirang.co.kr/TV/Show_Biz_Onlin...G_CODE=TVCR0112

Guest mariella

Ahh.. i remember her.. I thought she was SO pretty when she first came out years ago.. the article exaggerates a bit with a few things (for example she did NOT have a flourishing career in Japan).. but yes, she garnered popularity in Korea first. Now that she's return to Japan, she seems to have picked up a bit more popularity in Japan.

I saw her recently and I didn't recognize her. She changed her style dramatically and she looks much more stylish/older/mature/sophisticated. No more baby face. haha. She's still very beautiful of course.. but not really the fashion style I like anymore. I guess the change is to work with a fresh new start in the Japanese market but I thought she looked much more sweeter, feminine and younger when she was working in Korea a few years ago.

As for her acting.. I don't think she's proven herself as a good actress so far.. but she isn't so terrible that it's difficult to bear or anything. Plus she's really beautiful on screen so she's always enjoyable to watch.

her popularity has diminished considerably in Korea too.. It could be bc she hasn't been working in Korea for a long time.. or because she wasn't getting offered first lead parts right before she decided to leave for Japan. She's beautiful no doubt.. but viewers questioned her acting a lot.

I saw her in the japanese dramas.. i thought she would do better in japan actually. It's her first language after all.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kinetics14

I remember seeing her in All In and in X-man. She is so cute. Is there a particular place where i can find more pictures of her? Thanks

• 6 months later...

digging up an old topic.

i'm watching 'attention please!' atm and i could've sworn she was korean o_o then i looked up her profile and shes done some acting in korea.. but i'm reading that shes japanese ? wow. :o shes so cute, just watched a clip of her and kim jong min, dangyunhaji

• 10 months later...

Anyone else think she has a striking resemblance to Han Ji Hye? It's uncanny...

meeeeeeee :P i thought i saw hanjihye when i was watching attention please

• 6 months later...

November 2, 2009

Yoo Min joins IRIS as a Japanese spy

November 2nd, 2009 // by javabeans

2009110213172415184_2.jpg

IRIS is adding more foreign spies to its roster: this week’s episodes will see the introduction of Yoo Min (aka Fueki Yuko) as a Japanese spy named “Sato Eriko.” The role has Yoo Min playing the agent interrogating Hyun-joon (Lee Byung-heon) after he is arrested in Japan. Recognizing his formidable talents, she entrusts him with a secret mission.

Of her role, Yoo Min said, “I’m extremely happy and thrilled to be greeting Korean viewers again after a long while in such a blockbuster drama with such outstanding actors.”

2009110213172415184_1.jpg

Yoo Min is a Japanese actress who debuted in Japan (in the 2001 film Hotaru) but enjoys greater popularity in South Korea; she is fluent in Korean and has endeared herself to viewers with her lovable, innocent image. (I recall watching her participate in the old X Man variety show and found her very charming, and her occasional Korean flubs were embraced by viewers as adorable.) She’s been active in both Japan and Korea; her Japanese credits include dramas Attention Please and Hotelier. On the Korean side, she has acted in dramas All In (notably starring Lee Byung-heon), My Family, Stained Glass, and Bad Housewife, although she sheds her former image to transform into a cold agent for IRIS.

She makes her first appearance in Episode 7, which airs this Wednesday.

Via TV Report, credits to dramabeans.com with captures fromasiae.co.kr

Thanks to Hyc-ching for sharing this at the IRIS thread

November 4, 2009

Japanese Actress Returns to Korean TV

2009110400222_1.jpg

Yu Min

Japanese actress Fueki Yuko, known in Korea as Yu Min, is making a comeback to Korea after a four-year absence. Starting from the seventh episode of the KBS 2TV drama "IRIS" this Wednesday, she will play a cold and astute intelligence agent in the Japanese cabinet.

Yu Min starred in many successful Korean dramas including MBC's "My Home" in 2001 and was greatly popular among Korean fans for her innocent image. She went back to Japan and has been acting there. The producers of "IRIS" said, "We had a new character that suited Yu Min, so while we were preparing for a location in Japan we made a proposal to her with the role."

"IRIS" will be the second show in which Yu Min has appeared with actor Lee Byung-hun, after the SBS drama "All In" in 2003. "I'm very happy to get to meet the Korean audience through this star-studded blockbuster drama," she said. "I'm excited about acting with Lee again. The shooting has been thrilling."

Credits: englishnews@chosun.com

• 2 months later...

February 3, 2010

Yoo Min cast in new SBS drama

Reporter.Ko Jae-wan Editor.Lucia Hong

2010020214521455573_2.jpg

Actress Yoo Min [Ava Entertainment]

Japanese actress Yoo Min has been cast in a new SBS weekend drama tentatively titled "Life is Beautiful" set to air on March 13.

"I was so ecstatic when I found out about the casting that I couldn't sleep. I am studying hard to prepare for the role," the actress was quoted as saying by her agency Ava Entertainment on Tuesday.

She added that she is also nervous to take part in a drama which will be produced by Jung Eul-young and scenarist Kim Soo-hyun.

Jung and Kim have worked together on several family dramas such as "Angry Mom" and "My Man's Woman". They will be teaming for the sixth time in creating "Life" set in the southern island of Jeju.

Yoo Min will play the role of the Chae-young who is a bright and cheerful character who falls in love with Tae-sup played by Korean actor Song Chang-eui.

Other celebrities, including Nam Sang-mi, Nam Kyu-lee and Lee Sang-yoon, are set to star in "Life."

Yoo Min, whose real name is Yuko Fueki, made her Korean acting debut in 2001 through MBC drama "My Home". Since then she has appeared in several dramas and films, most recently in the hit KBS drama "IRIS".

Reporter : Ko Jae-wan star@asiae.co.kr Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved> 10.asiae.co.kr

Guest celebrities88

Japanese actress Yoo Min (Yuko Fueki a real name) has introduced the latest booklet photos that capture her page at a studio in Seoul Starhwabo pm 4/2.

yoo040216.jpg

yoo040215.jpg

yoo040213.jpg

yoo040214.jpg

yoo040212.jpg

yoo040211.jpg

yoo040210.jpg

yoo04028.jpg

yoo04026.jpg

yoo04027.jpg

yoo04025.jpg

yoo04024.jpg

yoo04023.jpg

yoo04021.jpg

yoo04022.jpg

• 1 year later...

Bringing this topic to the top. Watching "Attention Please" with Aya Ueto.......... Yoo Min is so pretty with the airline stewardess uniform, love her dimples. Now if our US airlines can have such pretty stewardess, I would fly more......:rolleyes:

Amazing how some actress and actors become popular in other countries rather than their own.

• 4 months later...

September 5, 2011

Yoo Min Takes Photo with Beyonce

Writer: Contributing Reporter Roh Ji Won Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBS Media

1109_2942_l.jpg

On the episode of KBS TV's "Happy Sunday" that aired on September 1, Japanese actress Yoo Min appeared and revealed a personal story about herself and the American star Beyonce. Her confession that she had taken a photo with the star singer and actress Beyonce made all the cast members surprised. Yoo Min said, “I took a photo with Beyonce in Los Angeles. I went out shopping with my Japanese-American friend, and my friend told me that Beyonce was near us, and the place was completely crowded because of Beyonce. At that time, I did not know about her, but my friend informed me that she was the most popular star in the USA and suggested I ask her to take a photo together.

At first when I asked Beyonce to take a photo with us, her manager and bodyguards kept us back, saying, ‘No, No, No,’ and my friend lied to her that I was the top star both in Korea and Japan, and Beyonce took a photo with me after listening to my friend’s lie.” After she made the confession, Yoo Min unveiled the photo that she had taken together with Beyonce, and all the other cast members were envious of her.

In addition, Yoo Min explained the difference between Japanese and Korean TV programs, and revealed that she was always nervous about dancing on a program whenever she appeared on a Korean program. But when the music played, she presented very funny dance movements while making other male cast members dance together with her. Her entertaining dance drew attention, but Hyun Young’s dance, who danced after Yoo Min, could not successfully entertain the audience and made her feel humiliated. Hyun Young said, “Why do people look at Yoo Min when I am dancing?” She said that she felt jealous of Yoo Min by saying, “I hate her,” and her comment produced laughter on the set.

In addition, Shin Hyun Joon, Tak Jae Hoon, Hyun Young, and Yoo Min appeared on the episode of “Happy Sunday,” and demonstrated their conversational skills while describing various incidents.

• 2 years later...

July 9, 2014
Jang Woo Hyuk and Yoo Min Reported to be Dating
CJ E&M enewsWorld Kim, JiYeon  Translation Credit : Erika Kim

Recent reports have stated that Jang Woo Hyuk and actress Yoo Min are dating.
The news was first issued on July 10, reporting that the two have been dating for years.
A rep from Jang Woo Hyuk′s agency told enews on July 10, "We saw the articles. We can′t confirm the reports though because Jang Woo Hyuk is currently shooting MBC′s Offroad."
The rep added, "None of our employees were allowed to stay with him because the show is a reality show. We′ll issue an official stance once we get in touch with him."
70476002.jpg

The singer is currently shooting the MBC pilot variety show Offroad in Gangwon-do.
Jang Woo Hyuk is a former H.O.T. member. He is currently active as a solo singer and as the head of his own agency WH Entertainment.
Yoo Min is a Korean-Japanese actress. She became popular through various dramas and variety shows.
Photo credit: Newsen

July 11, 2014
Jang Woo-hyuk secretly dating Japanese actress
By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

10214013.jpg
Jang Woo-hyuk from pioneering K-pop group H.O.T. is in a romantic relationship with Japanese actress Fueki Yuko, who is more known by her Korean name Yoo Min, according to an exclusive report from Korea’s local news outlet TV Report yesterday. 
On Wednesday, Jang uploaded a photo of himself at Incheon International Airport on Instagram, which was later followed by Yoo uploading her own photos taken in Guam on her Instagram account. It is said that they have gone on a trip to Guam together. 
“Jang and Yoo recently enjoyed a lovely date in a foreign country,” said an associate of Jang. “In Korea, they have been seeing each other regularly and developed their relationship for a long time.”
It is reported that while Jang mostly stays in China and Korea, Yoo mostly spends her time in Japan and Korea. Since the two don’t have that much time together, they have built their relationship based on firm trust. 
However, the agencies of Jang and Yoo haven’t confirmed their relationship yet. 

Archived