Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Girls Who Has Taken Senior Portraits With Prestige Portraits

MoiraEllaMoiraElla Posts: 1,812Member
I have a few questions
Hey. I'm on my friend's account and I'm a senior this school year and I'll be taking my senior portraits in a matter of days. I do not know how it works. The portrait photographer taking my picture would be, Presitge Portraits, you probably have heard of it. I have a few questions for the ones who have already taken photos from them.

I've received few brochures from them. I do not understand how they accept your money and how they work. what was your experience? i do not plan on taking portrait sittings so I dont have to worry about sitting feees, yes? And please do explain the proof deposit and how that works.

All i want to do is take the regular senior picture, not having to worry about what i wear because i hear they will just put some black cloth on you, yea? How much is that? Do they let you do retakes? Is it okay if you don't want to wear other outfits, just work on the picture where you are wearing the black cloth?

tell me how you did it and how much please! Thank you

P.S. Very sorry if I posted this in the wrong section..

Replies

• kawaiimomokawaiimomo Posts: 26Member
    I aslo did senior portraits in highschool. The first thing you would have to do is determine what package you would like to buy. Then you would have to either mail that check and have an appointment for your setting. And yes, you pay for your setting ahead of time and you can retake your senior portraits if you dont like it, but you would have to pay more to do so. With the style you are wearing, there is the black cloth and there is the white or red furry things. The amount I have spent for the picture was around $100- 150. They take at least 10- 15 pictures and then let you choose the best one for your yearbook. Its very expensive and I would say is not worth it unitl you have to buy your graduation cap & gown and dont forget about prom.
  • nowayinnowayin Edmonton; ABPosts: 742Member

ROOKIE

My school arranged it with them, therefore we paid a fee, also because my school arranged it, we were not charged when we wanted a retake. With the fee it also includes the graduation gown and cap and sitting fee.
    They would have the cap and gown all ready and in different sizes, and all you would do is take your portrait with the cap and gown and nothing else. So I don't think you have to worry about wearing other outfits.

Later they would send the pictures they took, they took about 15 pictures{they put this awful watermark across my face}. And they would send in this order form together with it, and you would chose the best picture you would like to order.
    I paid alot for it, but i got pretty nice pictures, also I figured since I will never do this again, I'll just pay a little more and not regret it. lol

I did not use a credit card to pay for it, I just got a bank order, which i find is alot safer and send it to them.
    hope this helps:)
  • sakuralilysakuralily San Jose, CA USAPosts: 213Member
    i just took it with them this year u still have to pay a sitting fee and deposits is so they can make sure they get thier proofs back because many didnt send them back but if u do decide to purchase it goes towords ur purchase so u pay 65 up front
  • miss_losermiss_loser bay areaPosts: 165Member
    haha you need to pay the sitting fee. x]

i still have proofs.. for about a month now. hehehe i'll turn it in.. soon x]
  • EGLxEGLx Northern VirginiaPosts: 251Member

ROOKIE

what happens if we dontt send in the proofs? hahaa
  • bitter SOOweetbitter SOOweet ??? ???? NOVAPosts: 5,497Member

IDOL

i took it with them
    if you just take the senior regular picture with the black cloth crap then you don't have to pay for anything

the sitting fee and everything is for those who want to take pictures with the outfits and blah blah blah and those outfits.. they're YOUR outfits and its YOUR choice whether you want to take them or not

i can't remember the price ;;
    but yeah and the proofs WILL be sent to you and you mark the one you want to have put into the yearbook
  • sushiwhoresushiwhore Oldie Washington~Posts: 10,313Friend of Soompi

IDOL

my bf took my pic with =( his dads slr it turned out pretty =)
    Then I've concluded, that after many years of nothingness, I had found nothingness to be something.

• ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,307Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited September 2007
    QUOTE(sushiwhore @ Sep 27 2007, 11:30 AM) »
    my bf took my pic with =( his dads slr it turned out pretty =)

yeah, my hubby took his sister's senior pic

is this for the highschool yearbook?
    if you know someone who has a good camera, let him/her take the pic.
    the school is just going need ONE 2x3 inches, or around that size.
    American pricing is so overpriced >_>

• silntdreamersilntdreamer CaliPosts: 263Member

TRAINEE

Well hm. I just took my portraits last month and got the gold package. Basically you make an appointment and go there. Since all you want is a basic picture with the black shawl, just go there wearing a tank/tube top so no straps will show. And then for proofs, there's a.....15 or 25 dollar deposit for sending it to your house. But you get your money back after giving the proofs back or it can go into your order of the picture. You don't have to pay the FULL amount right then. ANd if you don't want to pay that deposit then you will have to go back in order to view the pictures that you took a few weeks later, depending on how busy they are. Uhhm. What else? Oh yeah. I THINK that on one of the brochures (sp?) there's an option where you CAN have a free session but you won't get to view the proofs, Prestige or your school will pick it for you. Well. I think that's it. Hope it helps a BIT! ^^'
  • mugendaimugendai Posts: 228Member
    yeah i was wondering what happens if i dont send the proofs in? ehehehe :x
  • hisharihishari Posts: 1,779Member

IDOL

QUOTE(mugendai @ Sep 27 2007, 10:57 PM) »
    yeah i was wondering what happens if i dont send the proofs in? ehehehe :x

they just pick the first one that was taken lol
  • StacyStacy 韩庚 ♥ Bay Area, CAPosts: 9,239Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited September 2007
    ^ You're suppose to post a post-it or something on the back of the picture saying that you want that picture as your Senior Portrait picture. And nothing happens, you just don't have to pay for the proofs.

what was your experience? You're in, you're out. Real quick, but my friends and I went straight to their studio, instead of at school like people should have.
    i do not plan on taking portrait sittings so I dont have to worry about sitting feees, yes? Eh, wtf? The black top that you have to wear is taken sitting down.. or for me it way. You have to pay sitting fee.
    And please do explain the proof deposit and how that works. If you keep the proof they keep your deposit, if you return them when you select your pictures, you don't have to pay. Simple.

All i want to do is take the regular senior picture, not having to worry about what i wear because i hear they will just put some black cloth on you, yea? Wear a tank top, they'll put the thing on you, you pull down the strap, and bam. That's it.
    How much is that? It should be on the brochure they gave you...
    Do they let you do retakes? If you pay and drive to their studio.
    Is it okay if you don't want to wear other outfits, just work on the picture where you are wearing the black cloth? Yes, that's perfectly fine.

And like people up there said, if you're school allows different color backgrounds in your Senior Portrait section, you can take the picture yourself, if you can find the bottom. If your school doesn't allow different color backgrounds, you can try to find something that comes close. (I was on my yearbook committee, and we had to have all the same backgrounds, I don't know how your school is like).

Working with Prestige's website is a pain in the Richard Simmons (just venting lol image ).
    sp0il3dbr8tbanpt0.jpgheytherev.jpg
    Banner credit to hiSHUA! & hey there~, respectively.