How do you connect your laptop to the TV?

Guest ♡ Mrs Jung Ji Hoon ♡

Guest ♡ Mrs Jung Ji Hoon ♡

Does it work for all laptops? Or are there only a few compatible ones?

I'm pretty sure you need to have either S-Video, DVI, or a VGA connection to be able to connect from your laptop to television

Most Laptops come with a S-video out. Most modern TVs have S-video in.

If you look around it and find a Svideo out, (should be labeled svideo out) plug it into your TV and start it up. Hopefully it will just find it. If not, right click the desktop, go to properties, the last tab should have something with dual monitors... (someone correct me on this) You might have to click the advanced options button to get into the other properties... either way, if you have the output, you might have to enable a "second monitor" on your notebook as well.

OsiX - DVI and VGA would definitely look nice, but I am pretty sure you can only find RGB (VGA scart should give you the RGB wires you need) and that connector that looks like DVI on HDTVs. But generally if the laptop has Svideo out you just plug it in.

• 8 years later...
Guest kristinh

If you have a tv with HDMI input then you can get an HDMI cable and then there are adapters from HDMI to your specific type of computer. Just tell the people at the electronics store what kind you have and they should be able to give you the right one

I would get an HDMI cable or a chrome cast :3. Chromecast is like a usb/HDMI you stick in your tv that also connects to your wifi and you can stream your stuff from your computer/tablet/phone without a cord. 

Archived