Lee Tae Gon 이태곤

Guest honzbear

Guest honzbear

Dear Heaven's charming WangMo is Gwanggaeto the Great

welcome.gif

to share all about

LEE TAE GON 이태곤

hula_hula_girl.gif I'm sure many have seen Lee Tae Gon as the sweet & charming Gu Wang Mo in Dear Heaven biggrin.gif also in MBC's weekend drama, Winter Bird. There isn't much info & update on the actor yet, anything related (profile/career) to add.. please let me know or simply post to share with everyone here. thumbup.gif

photo19528.jpg

2006sign.jpg

Born: 27 November 1977

Height: 185 cm/6'1"

Education: Kyonggi University (Physical Education Major)

Family --

Marital status: Single

Management Agency: 블루 드래곤 [blue Dragon]

-- phone: 02-3445-1393

-- address: 서울특별시 강남구 신사동 572-2 [shin-Sa Dong 575-2, Kang-Nam Gu, Seoul]

CF work: Bacchus (non-alcohol drink), GM Daewoo

Awards: SBS New Star Award 2005

TV dramas  

2006 SBS Historical drama - Yeon Gae So Mun (Gae So Mun) - http://tv.sbs.co.kr/ygsm/

th_2006sbs1.jpg

2005  SBS - Sky aka Dear Heaven (Love in Heaven)

th_23450226.jpg140643_VCHAR6.jpg

2007 MBC - Winter Bird

181142_VCHAR5.jpgth_wb1.jpg

2008 MBC - My Life's Golden Period

2008 Interactive Drama - Mr. Lee Detective

n2010010413331182001.th.jpg

2009 MBC - Assorted Gems / Jewel Bibimbap

Related sites - thanks to xosandy & dramaok

taegon486 l leetaegon l gon77 l hancinema

dh4.jpg

photo19434.jpg

< captures in clickable thumbnails

th_wm1.jpg th_wm2.jpg th_wm3.jpg th_wm4.jpg th_wm6.jpg

tg2.jpgtg1.jpg

Source: koreanwiz.org, hancinema.net, empas.com, soompi-Dear Heaven & Winter Bird threads, xosandy, dramaok, knuts

excl.gifKorean Dramas & Movies Forum Rules

The thread was started by rubie on Sept 19, 2007 and has been taken over by Honzbear on December 10, 2011

King Gwanggaeto the Great

ad00bc4e058a511d38a64646c357198d_large.jpg

Lee Tae Gon transforms himself into one of Korea's greatest kings

Our very own Lee Tae Gon is Korea's (arguably) greatest king in the drama King Gwanggaeto the Great. Fans of Lee Tae Gon are in heaven watching their idol play the coveted and prestigious role of King Gwanggaeto of Koguryeo in the weekend drama, which is being shown back to back, on Saturday and Sunday. Weekends have never been more exciting for Lee Tae Gon and King Gwanggaeto the Great fans.

King Gwanggaeto the Great was originally planned to screen for eighty episodes but has now been extended to a hundred episodes. Judging by the number of enthusiastic people downloading the episodes and waiting breathlessly for the English subs, this drama is catching on among viewers of Korean dramas around the world, and deservedly so. (In Korea the drama has been rating in the late teens which are very respectable ratings for a weekend drama.)

Lee Tae Gon plays the role of Damdeok, the second son of King Iryon, a role that he seems to have been born to play. He later becomes the crown prince, and after surviving many close shaves and hairy moments, he is finally crowned king (in episode 47).

Time and again after Damdeok catches his enemies, we witness him forgiving and releasing them. Oftentimes these enemies run wild plotting further intrigues behind his back. Sometimes his magnanimity turns out to be farsighted and he is rewarded by a would-be assassin turning into a loyal aide who ends up actually saving his life. At other times a recipient of his noblesse oblige becomes an even more determined foe after his release ... which makes for many suspenseful moments in the drama, ensuring that the story continues on its exciting course.

Indeed, the unpredictability of the plot involving twists that come out of left field and the joy of watching Lee Tae Gon play the role of the great king combine to create a drama that is highly addicting. (Signs of addiction: on the day of viewing watching the clock and counting the hours until the drama starts, religiously downloading the episodes and subtitles and re-watching the episodes again and again, feeling let down after Sunday evening's episode realizing it will be another week before the next episode airs ...) 

Lee Tae Gon has already conquered Japan with his previous dramas – will he conquer the world with his latest drama Gwanggaeto the Great?

AWARDS

2011 KBS Drama Awards

Best Actor in Long Term Drama (King Gwanggaeto the Great)

1325353074_253352.jpg

19th Korean Cultural Entertainment Awards (2011)

Drama Grand Award- Lee Tae Gon (‘King Gwanggaeto the Great’)

20111215_1323953376.jpg

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Captures from SKY/DEAR HEAVEN/LOVE IN HEAVEN drama thread - thanks to mily2 et al.

dh1.jpg

dh6.jpg

dh8.jpgth_dh7.jpg

From SBS 2005 AWARDS

sbs1.jpg

sbs6.jpg

th_sbs2.jpg th_sbs4.jpg th_sbs5.jpg

sbs3.jpg

MARCH 16, 2006 Lovebirds

2006031658478-1.jpg

Wang-mo and Ja-gyeong finally got married.

The weekend TV drama “Dear Heaven” (writer: Lim Seong-han; producer: Lee Yeong-hee) features a dramatic storyline that includes a daughter, deserted by her mother as a child, and the mother’s stepson getting married.

In the show’s March 18 episode, Yeong-sun’s (Han Hye-sook) daughter Ja-gyeong (Yoon Jung-hee) and her stepson Wang-mo (Lee Tae-gon) will marry. The secret that the mother-in-law and the daughter-in-law are actually mother and daughter will soon be disclosed, and the show’s audience has had a keen interest in how the drama will unfold afterwards.

According to TNS Media Korea, the show’s ratings for March 12 were 34.6 percent, the highest since the start of the drama.

Key reasons for the show’s success are Lim’s characteristic well-woven story, sophisticated descriptions, and unique episodes. Viewers say that the true love of hero Gu Wang-mo and heroine Lee Ja-gyeong eases the sometimes too-provocative story and enables them to become engrossed in each episode.

The two main actors, Lee Tae-gon (29), who made his debut in this drama, and actress Yoon Jung-hee (27), successfully act like a real couple, so much so that the term “Wang-Ja couple” has become a catch phrase.

I met the couple who will marry soon in the drama. They looked like real siblings.

In the show, Wang-mo is a romanticist who devotes himself to his girlfriend. Ja-gyeong is tender but strong enough to change her life. What are their real characters like?

“Jung-hee and Ja-gyeong are similar in many ways. They are both introspective and shy. The two also look feminine on the outside, but are strong inside. I sometimes confuse Ja-gyeong or Jung-hee. But when Wang-mo tries to make Ja-gyeong laugh and you suddenly laugh out loud, I see then that you are not Ja-gyeong. (laugh) Ja-gyeong does not laugh like that because of her inner pain,” Lee says.

“You say that you are a tough man. I think you are not. (laugh) You have same character as Wang-mo. You listen to me when I have problems and care about me. When you act as Wang-mo, who confesses his love to Ja-gyeong, I sometimes feel it is not acting. (laugh) But soon I realize you are Tae-gon when you make jokes and ad-lib,” Yoon says.

The two main performers say that their leading characters are similar to themselves, which makes it easy for them to act. Lee Tae-gon was commercial model who appeared in Bacchus non-alcohol drink commercials and GM Daewoo commercials. Yoon Jung-hee is a newcomer who debuted in the KBS’ “the War of Roses” of the TV show “Mountain Cabin.” Lee and Yoon received SBS New Star awards in 2005.

Couple Transformation-

In the first few episodes, Lee and Yoon were criticized for their lack of performing ability. Yet as time went by, they were praised for their improved acting.

Yoon: “People said my pronunciation was not clear. I tried hard to improve my acting, but because we are in synch, the audience feels that our acting has improved, I guess. Do you remember Han Hye-sook taught us privately how to act at her home before the drama started? It’s been over one year and I now react naturally to your acting, like the real Wang-mo and Ja-gyeong. I think people are seeing that in our performances, too.”

Lee: “Do you remember when we were worried about the ethical issues surrounding the plot? We were shy at first and were busy acting. We read lines. Even when I have difficulty immersing myself in my acting, I feel I become Wang-mo in front of you. We are so close that some staff members say we are lovebirds (laugh).”

Some people have built an online community to make the Wang-ja couple real. But Lee has a girlfriend. Yoon does not have a boyfriend.

Wang-mo and Ja-gyeong got married in the March 7 episode. How did they feel about their first night as a married couple?

Lee: “It was the first time I married on screen and I felt I was really marrying you. I felt strange. When I said “We were just married” after the day’s shooting, we were like a real married couple. It was just acting, though (laugh). When Wang-mo tries to please his wife wearing only underwear the first night after their marriage, I felt embarrassed because you laughed a lot.

Yoon: “You were enjoying yourself as you performed in the scene (laugh). I almost cried when I thought about the days I spent with Wang-mo. I also liked the beautiful ceremonial hat at first, but later I felt tired because it was really heavy.”

“Dear Heaven” will be extended to 75 episodes. Wang-mo and Ja-gyeong will have a family. Yi-ri (Kang Ji-sub) and Seul-ah (Lee Soo-gyeong) will have dates. Cheong-ha (Cho yeon-woo) and Moon-ok (Lee Min-ah) will have a baby. Above all, Ja-gyeong and Wang-mo will become aware of the secret of their birth, which will be a shock to the couple.

Lee: “I will tell Ja-gyeong that Wang-mo will be next to her and she can overcome all her difficulties. I will tell you, Jung-hee, that we will have the same mind that we had at first even though we are tired because of the weeks of sleepless nights ahead of us.”

Yoon: “I felt gloomy because Ja-gyeong is so unhappy. But nowadays I feel happy and laugh a lot because Ja-gyeong is happy. I wish us happiness to the end (laugh).”

Source: The DongA Ilbo

Woooot. Thanks for starting this thread rubie! I was just thinking we needed an official thread for him. :blush: I think Yeon Gae So Mun is a period drama. Here's the official website: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/ygsm/ Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find out much about him either.. seems like he's a very private person.

http://cafe.daum.net/leetaegon

http://www.cyworld.com/gon77

^ Hi xosandy! Welcome! So good to see you here, LTG certainly deserves his own thread at soompi. :lol: Thanks for the drama info, I'll update his profile with the link. Seems he really is a private person :huh: but hope with the new MBC drama getting the rave, we'll soon find out a bit more about him. :rolleyes:

Captures copied from WINTER BIRD drama thread

Lee Tae Gon at Winter Bird press conference on September 5, 2007

2318_1.jpg

2318_2.jpg2318_7.jpg

2318_8.jpg2318_9.jpg

Captures from http://travel.innolife.net/innoreport/list...&ai_id=2318

2007/09/14(Fri) 14:58, captures from innolife.net

76454_l.jpg

070914_2.jpg

The article in Japanese http://contents.innolife.net/news/list.php...amp;ai_id=76454

Sweet wallies from Dear Heaven

Lee Tae Gon and Yoon Jung Hee as Wang Mo & Ja Kyung

th_photo19448.jpg th_photo19450.jpg th_photo19451.jpg

d1pw7.th.jpg th_photo19449.jpg th_wdh1.jpg

Source: sbs/hancinema.net > simply click thumbnails to enlarge caps

01-01-2007 Broadcasters Award Top-Rated Dramas

By Chung Ah-young

Staff Reporter

200701011944221ooohhl5.jpg

Major broadcasters wrapped up the year with awards ceremonies. Veteran actress Han Hye-sook, who starred in the SBS drama "To Heaven," grabbed the top prize for acting at the network's ceremony Sunday.

The popular soap opera invited both criticism and high ratings for its twisted story.

The story revolved around a middle-aged woman who introduces her handsome news anchor son to her abandoned daughter, who had led a miserable life because of a cruel stepmother.

It triggered controversy when the woman was revealed as the girl's biological mother. After receiving the prize, Han said, "Old soldiers never die." Han has been acting for 36 years.

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...19430011700.htm

rubie, nice caps!

and thanks for starting this thread for "Wang Mo" :D

Just what I was looking for :rolleyes:

thanks for starting a thread for LTG Rubie! I 'm liking his role in Winter Bird but I saw him in Dear Heaven as well and I wanted to learn more about him...hopefully this thread will grow as his new drama progresses

Hi knuts & koalabear! :lol: Welcome to LTG's own place, one that he surely deserves. Can't wait for tomorrow to come to watch WB episode 3. It's been awhile since I'm slowly hooked to a Kdrama again :blush: .. and a real melodrama at that!

Anything at all, come on over! Hope we'll get more pics & updates to share about the mysterious Do-Hyun. :rolleyes:

^ Thanks knuts for the link to Yeon Gaesomun thread. :D Really appreciate the d-addicts link as well.. hahaa.. I just saw the drama thread by chance awhile ago and it's actually been there like forever. :lol:

At least we now know for certain.. LTG's 3 drama series that he had done.. and currently doing. :P

ps: hmm.. seems like the series is something that people would rather forget.. uhh.. no? :huh:

Guest dramaok

his full birthdate:

1977년 11월 27일.

src: http://cafe.daum.net/taegon486

he is not married. but a while ago it was reported in the news that he's dating someone who is same age as he.

his management company (same as Kim Rae Won's):

블루 드래곤 [blue Dragon]

phone: 02-3445-1393

address: 서울특별시 강남구 신사동 572-2 [shin-Sa Dong 575-2, Kang-Nam Gu, Seoul]

Thanks knuts for the YaShiManMan tidbit and dramaok for LTG's birthdate & management info... awesome!

Appreciate all very much. Makes him 30 years old and still looking. :lol:

I wonder if anyone has his SBS award clip for Dear Heaven? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stumpy013

Mr Lee Tae Gon on YaShiManMan:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/k...manep149pg1.jpg

Air Date: February 6th, 2006

Episode Number: #149

Guests: Lee Tae Gon, Kang Ji Sup, Wang Bit Na, Tablo, Ji Sang Ryul

credits: Simply suZ@soompi

source: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...t=0&start=0

sorry, don't know where to get this file. If you know, let us know, ok? ;)

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/creidesca/lm0w5

• 2 weeks later...

^ Hi stumpy013, thanks so much for the CB update to LTG's clip. :) Really appreciate the highlight.

Hope to see you more at the thread. :D

---

Some info related to LTG's current series on MBC.. Winter Bird. ^_^ Totally addicted to it!

Thanks to the highlight by kdramafanusa at the drama thread, info from MBC Global Media site

LONELY BIRD (WINTER BIRD)

In life, you are mostly on your own.

Here is one woman who suddenly became orphaned and was taken in by a friend of her father. She is swept away by the winds of destiny, unable to express her emotions as she loses her confidence. As she goes through a nightmare marriage and messy divorce, she steadily finds her own voice.

A story about finding that the people nearest to you are the most precious people.

The world is not a place where everyone is smarter and more confident than you. Many smart people are smothered by the unlucky circumstances they find themselves in. Life is about celebrating what you have in such a life. Nobody can force you to live the life you have. And they will not live it for you. But what if the choices I make will ruin the happiness of others?

is a story about a woman who fights the despair she feels as overcomes the hardships and pain. Through her character, we see how a person’s fate can interrupt our life.

z_MMEDIA5.gifVOD

http://contentmedia.imbc.com:8080/media/dr...ely_Bird_en.zip

181142vchar23aq0.jpgPark Young-eun / age: 27 | actress Park Sun-young

She is like a migrating bird standing alone against the winds of destiny howling around...

She has a college degree in design and became a furniture designer.

When she was in the 10th grade, her mother and father died a few months apart from each other. Her mother died from a disease while her dad was killed in a car accident. She was taken in by President Jung, who was a regular customer at her dad’s restaurant and also an alumni member of her dad’s high school.

The sudden deaths of her parents deeply affects Young-eun and it brings a huge change in her personality. She lives with the constant stress that she is an adoptee. She becomes attracted to Do-hyun, the son of President Jung, but she never reveals her feelings to him. Do-hyun is somebody she admires and dreams of but she does not want to push her luck and try to date him. So she acts like a dutiful daughter and nice younger sister in her adopted family. She has everything she could desire thanks to President Jung’s patronage but she knows very well that she must behave herself under the watchful eye of his wife who is wary of her. Thus, she reluctantly gets engaged to a person that President Jung picks out for her.

181142vchar28wa3.jpgJung Do-hyun / age: 32 | actor Lee Tae-gon

As the son of President Jung, he believes he should marry someone that he truly loves.

He is a very responsible person and has the patience to work hard to attain his goals. Although he wanted to become a sculptor, he studied management in college at the urging of his father. He is an intense person but he is relaxed around Young-eun. For a long time, he considered Young-eun to be a part of his family but when she gets engage with Ji-hong, he realizes that he loves her. His parents strongly disapprove of his decision to marry Young-eun but he doesn’t back down. When he finally returns from his studies, he learns that Young-eun will get married to someone else. So he has no choice but to let her go but when he finds out that she is trapped in an unhappy marriage, he realizes how irresponsible he was. He overcomes the pain he endured and takes a strong stance to protect the one person he loves. He starts to get involved with Young-eun but his mother does everything she can to keep them away from each other.

181142vchar33ym3.jpgJoo Gyeong-woo / age: 32 | actor Yoon Sang-hyun

Young-eun’s husband.

He graduated from a top medical school and is on his way in becoming a dermatologist. He is polite and warm on the outside. But he is an introvert and momma boy who has a splintered personality. Deep down inside, he is a tender person with a warm heart but his overbearing mother makes taxing emotional demands on him. He likes his wife Young-eun but he cannot refuse the demands that his mother makes on him. He is a timid person most of the time but when he is crossed, he will turn very violent. He broke up with his first love because of his mother. He loves Young-eun but he doesn’t know how to express it. He is held on tight strings by his manipulative mother.

Source: http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/drama.asp?idx=376

Archived