Surprise Party (2002)

Awards

44th Baeksang Awards - Best Actress 2008

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 16, 2006

Actress Kim Min-hee enjoys limelight again

Needless to say, Kim Min-hee is an attractive actress who has a unique mask of diverse expressions.

With high cheekbones and twinkling eyes, Kim can easily become a naive and mischievous teenager, while her slender arms and legs, and sharp chin can also transform her into a bewitching temptress. But unluckily, Kim didn't appear to have the acting skills to match her attractive appearances - until now.

Playing the role of a passionate romanticist Mi-ri in KBS new drama "Goodbye Solo," the 25-year-old actress has just walked into her new heyday, throwing off the nickname of an "attractive but blank actress." After making a debut in the entertainment world through fashion magazines when she was in middle school, Kim became a celebrity when she was barely 20. Kim's provocative face and slender figure made her an immediate leading young star, but her acting skills had always remained in question.

As she grew "older," people began to turn their attention to younger actresses and Kim, who had failed to solidify her position as a proper actress, naturally lapsed into a career slump. People no longer paid much attention to Kim apart from the fact that she was a sweetheart of top actor Lee Jung-jae, hero of the movie "City of the Rising Sun (1998)."

"Well aware of the bad evaluations on Kim's past acting, I turned her down five times for the role of Mi-ri," said writer Noh Hee-kyung at the news conference for "Goodbye Solo" last month. "But Kim kept on coming back, showing her determination and resolution. After her fifth attempt, I saw the hidden potential and diverse expressions that would make her Mi-ri." It was not just the writer who had doubted Kim. When "Goodbye Solo" producer announced Kim as one of the leading actresses, TV fans had criticized her as a miscasting.

But after watching the drama which began airing March 1, audiences appear to be changing their minds about Kim. Largely due to the lovable character Mi-ri made by Kim, "Goodbye Solo" has been securing a viewer rating of over 20 percent. "No one could play Mi-ri better," said a "Goodbye Solo" viewer on the drama's website. "Kim seems to have found a character just right for her. I am watching the drama just to see her." Another viewer agreed by saying, "I can see how much effort Kim put into analyzing the character and improving her acting skills. Bravo, Mi-ri." Written by star drama-writer Noh, "Goodbye Solo" is praised as a realistic human story with depth.

In the drama, which portrays different lives and inner wounds of seven main characters, Kim plays Mi-ri, a young and attractive cafe owner who falls hopelessly in love with a blunt-mannered hoodlum who continues to live in the outskirts of society. Mi-ri's love Ho-cheol, played by actor Lee Jae-ryong, is a man who does not believe in love due to his harsh childhood and continues to hurt Mi-ri by pushing her away even though he loves her deeply.

Unlike her previous acting which seemed to lack depth and reality, Kim manages to move viewers with her own version of Mi-ri who endures the hurt with cheerful smiles and faked strength. "I can empathize with Mi-ri in the sense that when it comes to love, there is no right or wrong. Even if the love seems wasted or pitiful, no third person can make judgments on it," Kim explained about the character at the news conference.

During the difficult times when she continued to be criticized for her lack of acting skills, Kim tried to find the reason why there had been no improvement. "To me, acting was the most difficult homework I ever got in my life. I feel like I've finally opened up the first page of the text book," she said. Vowing to start over from the bottom, Kim went through strict acting training which included basic vocal and respiratory exercises. And when she read the synopsis of "Goodbye Solo," she knew that she wanted the role of Mi-ri more than anything. "I was ready to do anything to play her," she said.

Because Kim had been so intent on playing Mi-ri, she couldn't risk the chance of more criticisms. Thus, after getting the role, Kim got a hold of the script before anyone else, and continued to analyze the role and practiced becoming her everyday. "Mi-ri is a sentimental character who has rapid changes in her emotions. In order to become her, I had to grasp those feelings completely before the shooting of the drama," Kim explained.

Kim, who is known as a fashion leader among her colleagues, also gave up on pretty clothes and make-up in the new drama. "I used to be very much concerned about my clothes, thinking that they were the most effective way of expressing the character's personality," she said. "But this time, I try to dress as plainly as possible so that flashy clothes don't get in the way of showing Mi-ri properly."

Kim appears to have become a much stronger character after going through all that criticism and indifference, and the role of Mi-ri has finally transformed her into a real actress.

By Shin Hae-in (hayney@heraldm.com) via koreaherald.co.kr

Partially-gisted from Korean articles 1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 l 9 l 10 l 11

September 28, 2009

Kim Min Hee signed exclusive contract with BH Entertainment

2009092810563025271_1.jpg

On the 28th, it was disclosed to the media that actress Kim Min Hee had signed an exclusive contract with BH Entertainment making her the newest colleague of Lee Byunghun-ssi, actress Han Chae Young as well as actors Jin Goo and Bae Soo Bin plus a few more in the same agency.

Kim Min Hee is popularly known as a model and trendsetter started acting in supporting roles in various Korean drama series whom had braved much criticisms over the years on her performance. The actress had been noted to have improved tremendously in the drama "Goodbye Solo" and eventually building up her acting to win the Best Actress Award at the 44th Baeksang Awards 2008 for her portrayal in "HellCats" (Some Like it Hot).

The actress is currently waiting for the release of her latest movie-documentary entitled "Actresses" with co-stars such as Yoon Yeo Jung, Lee Mi Sook, Go Hyun Jung, Choi Ji Woo and Kim Ok Vin.

Guest suejinners

=O she didn'thave a thread?

thanks for making one =)'

shes an okay actress. shes still improving

shes known as a style icon.

kmlq6.jpg

km1vs9.jpg

km2gm7.jpg

km3bq9.jpg

km4cz7.jpg

km5lj1.jpg

km6ed2.jpg

km7me3.jpg

km8xc1.jpg

km9gx2.jpg

km14ll8.jpg

km15mh0.jpg

km16va3.jpg

km17wv5.jpg

km18ge6.jpg

km19on4.jpg

km20fl3.jpg

km21zx1.jpg

km22qs5.jpg

km23my6.jpg

km24ai8.jpg

km25aa2.jpg

km26iq6.jpg

km27gr5.jpg

km28jt3.jpg

km29jk3.jpg

km30jz5.jpg

km31yf7.jpg

km32ez1.jpg

km33hd5.jpg

km34uv7.jpg

kmm1kw0.jpg

kmhrj0.jpg

kmm2jv2.jpg

credits to daum empas suejinners

kmmmr0.jpg

I love this scandalous shoot.

OMG! OMG. I totally agree with Yun. Every stylish, every seductive (espicially the 4th one) atrractive and totally scandalous. ha ha

Min Hee at fashion show featuring the Fall/Winter 07-08 collection for Gucci, stylish in full length white dress

0802-g-kimminhee1.jpg0802-g-kimminhee.jpg0802-g-kimminhee3.jpg

Guest satisfaction!

Omg I always thought she had her own thread!

Anyways,

dude Tuyet thanks for those hot pics of her<3 She really does look sexy!

I envy her height & style T^T

Although sometimes her eyebrows kinda bothers me, she's pretty~

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest huangsy

source : yahoo korea

배우 김민희(사진)가 모델 이수혁과의 열애를 공식 인정했다.

김민희의 소속사 웰메이드스타엠 측은 27일 “김민희씨와 이수혁씨는 지인들과의 한 모임을 통해 알게 됐으며, 서로의 활동에 조언을 해주는 선후배 사이로 지내다 연인 사이로 발전해 현재 좋은 만남을 가지고 있다”고 공식 입장을 전했다.

열애설은 지난 7월 초 두 사람이 다정하게 손을 잡거나 어깨를 기대는 모습이 네티즌 사이에서 나돌면서 제기됐다. 당시 김민희는 이수혁에 대해 친한 동생 사이라며 열애설을 부인 한 바 있다.

소속사 측은 “많은 분들께서 두 사람의 만남을 좋은 시선으로 봐주시기 바라며, 현재 KBS2 드라마 ‘연애결혼’에 출연중인 김민희씨와 이수혁씨의 활동에도 많은 관심과 격려 부탁 드린다”고 당부했다.

Actress Kim Minhee officially acknowledged that she is dating model Lee Suhyuk.

Well Made Star M, the company Kim Minhee belongs to said on the 27th, “Kim Minhee and Lee Suhyuk got to know each other through mutual friends, and they gave advice to each other as a senior and a junior. Now they have become a couple and are seeing each other.”

Their love scandal first came to the fore when internet users posted pictures of them holding each other’s hands or leaning against each other. At the time, Kim Minhee said that they are just good friends and denied the scandal.

The company she belongs to said, “We hope you all see their relationship in a positive way and we ask for your interest and encouragement for the two in the KBS2 drama ‘Marriage after Dating.’”

*officially : 공식적으로

*acknowledge : 인정하다

*mutual : 상호 공통된

*advice : 조언

*senior and junior : 선후배

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jdcaloza

now i know the dressing down in love marriage -- because she wants people to see her acting. anyways, i do hope she'll reconsider improving her fashion sense -- i really don't get her wardrobe during the fishing episode. i can dig the oversize ajumma dress ensemble but partner that with doc marten's like boots?? -- it's overkill.

Guest madpeach

i wonder why kim min hee isn't that popular. i love her she's so gorgeous and cute! i love her acting as well. i'm looking forward for this thread to keep growing =)

omg i love this actress!!

she's so adorable and cute in love

marriage and her chemistry w/

kim ji hoon is remarkable. haha. i have

a secret wanting of her to be a real

couple with him...but i guess

hyuk soo is good too.

HWAITING!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived