Which Man Loved the Deepest Among all the K-dramas You Have Watched?

~ The Ideal Man in Your Heart ~
The question came to mind, as I was browsing through my K-drama video sets and I would like to start the ball rolling by sharing my view on this. My choice would be Cha Song Joo (Kwon Sang Woo) in “Stairway To Heaven”. Personally, I feel that he had loved the deepest, among the K-dramas I have watched. Even though he was faced with the “glaring truth” that Jung Suh (Choi Ji-woo) had “perished” in an accident, he could not accept in his heart that she was gone from his life. Instead, he continued searching through the endless crowd for her. Any woman who bore the slightest resemblance to her in any way, even if it was just a minor similarity in the flinging of her hair, he would burst through the sea of people separating them, in fervent pursuit of her. However, he was hit with disappointment every time, when he realized it was not Jung Suh. No woman was able to replace Jung Suh’s position in his heart. Finally, when he found her after five long years, he couldn’t bear to let her out of his sight even for the tiniest moment. Whenever he gazed at her longingly with unshed tears glistening in his eyes, I could feel the depth of his love for her. His eyes were always glazed with unspoken emotions of love and tenderness for her. No matter how hard Jung Suh tried to escape from him, he would go after her relentlessly. He firmly believed that true love would prevail and they would be reunited eventually. Song Joo stayed faithfully by Jung Suh’s side till her very last moment. He assured her that their love would never cease, even if she had to leave before him. Their love would be fulfilled when it was his turn to ascend the “Stairway to Heaven”. Song Joo’s solemn promise to Jung Suh: “I'll follow you wherever the place you may go, be it Heaven.” Really hope to know your views for this topic. Do share your views here! Cheers!

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest liu_xing_girl

hmmm..so far among the k-dramas i've watched, i'd have to say that Cha Sangdoo (Bi in Sangdoo, Let's Go to School!)) is my choice. not only was his love so deep for Eun-hwan but also for her daughter Bori although he isn't the biological father. he was willing to do whatever it takes to make her well. he was also willing to sacrifice his life for his true love.

I have not watched a lot of dramas but I agree that Kwon Sang Woo's love is deep like you mentioned. Nonetheless, I would say that Ryu Seung Beom's role as Benjo in Sunshine of Love is pretty deep and sweet more than KSW in STH. Benjo was even willing to sacrifice his life for SHG's character and he was stabbed and almost died saving her life. That is the ideal man although he is not very handsome but he has a really big heart. KSW's love is touching but he cried way too much and I do not really like guys who are too emotional and needy of love like he was for CJW's love.

Guest VyLeTtE

hmmm..so far among the k-dramas i've watched, i'd have to say that Cha Sangdoo (Bi in Sangdoo, Let's Go to School!)) is my choice. not only was his love so deep for Eun-hwan but also for her daughter Bori although he isn't the biological father. he was willing to do whatever it takes to make her well. he was also willing to sacrifice his life for his true love.

>>>>> i think ksw did love cjw also in sth... the fact that she is blind, didnt know until when she'll be alive, he was there for her.... and that he kept loving her for 5 long years even if she was "dead" and when she really died, he kept on loving her...

i also like ksw's character in sls... awww.. he sacrificed a lot for the girl... and in the end... he wanted to see her up on stage for the last time... before his last breath....

but i would hafta agree with liu xing that for me its cha sangdoo (yeah bi! hehe) since the topic is "which man loved the deepest..." it didnt specifically say love for a girl.... in sangdoo, bi loved bori to the point of trashing his own life (he became a gigolo) just so they would be able to come up with the money to pay for bori's hospital bills (she has leukemia i think? right liu xing? or some kind of terminal disease)... and when ldg (the doctor of bori, ironically, his ex-gf's current bf) asked him whom he would choose, the girl he loved most (wch is eun hwan) or bori (his supposedly "daughter"), he chose bori.... saying that eun hwan can live without him but bori cant.... and even when ldg told him already that bori wasnt his, he still didnt give up on bori.... and continued to be a gigolo... this really touched me cuz he still continued "supporting" the child even if he found out its not his (remember the line... "tell me hu says bori's not mine and ill f*cking kill him), and in my opinion, as much as he loved eun hwan, he didnt want her to come to him cuz somehow he's already "dirty", i remmber the scene where he ran a few lapses... he was supposed to kiss eun hwan but didnt... aaawww my heart really did break on this part, when he was in jail he told eun hwan not to wait for him.... that she should have a happy life, that he could live with the memories they had....... sangdoo also did a lot of things to save eun hwan, save her life, from embarassment,,,, and at then end, giving up his life for the one he loves.... awwwwwwww........

Guest snowbell04

Kim Rae Won's character 'Hyun Woo' showed the deepest love for Kim Tae hee's 'Soo In' in Love Story in Harvard !

That love was so so strong, so passionate, so endearing from when they were students in Harvard through they were back to Korea. He even was at a point to be willing to sacrifice his good status as a lawyer profession for the cancer-cure assistance of his loved one from the enemy he's been dealing with for years.

Krw's love for Kth was both passionate yet touching. The awesome chemistry between Krw n Kth made you feel that love was SO STRONG, SO REAL !!

This is hard, I can't think of any. But, I would say that Stairway to Heaven with Kwon Sang Woo was really touching - he waited for her, he wanted her to remember him, he really cared for her. I'll probably say Glass Shoes with So Ji Sup because he was always there for her and he ended up dying.

Guest liu_xing_girl

>>>>> i think ksw did love cjw also in sth... the fact that she is blind, didnt know until when she'll be alive, he was there for her.... and that he kept loving her for 5 long years even if she was "dead" and when she really died, he kept on loving her...

but i would hafta agree with liu xing that for me its cha sangdoo (yeah bi! hehe) since the topic is "which man loved the deepest..." it didnt specifically say love for a girl.... in sangdoo, bi loved bori to the point of trashing his own life (he became a gigolo) just so they would be able to come up with the money to pay for bori's hospital bills (she has leukemia i think? right liu xing? or some kind of terminal disease)... and when ldg (the doctor of bori, ironically, his ex-gf's current bf) asked him whom he would choose, the girl he loved most (wch is eun hwan) or bori (his supposedly "daughter"), he chose bori.... saying that eun hwan can live without him but bori cant.... and even when ldg told him already that bori wasnt his, he still didnt give up on bori.... and continued to be a gigolo... this really touched me cuz he still continued "supporting" the child even if he found out its not his, and in my opinion, as much as he loved eun hwan, he didnt want herto come to him cuz somehow he'salready "dirty" (i remmber the scene where he ran a few lapses... he was supposed to kiss eun hwan but didnt... aaawww my heart really did break on this part...).... sangdoo also did a lot of things to save eun hwan, save her life, from embarassment,,,, and at then end, giving up his life for the one he loves.... awwwwwwww........

yeah, vylette...she has leukemia. and i can't agree more w/ what you said about Sangdoo's character. i was also touched w/ that scene when he chose Bori over Eun-hwan...remember the line "Don't be sick like this Bori...daddy's doing all these nasty things to make you well..."? awwww....

Guest forever_luvlie

i'm agreeing with you guys who said Sangdoo. He led such a sad life for a daughter who wasn't

even his... make me teary eyes just thinking about it.. and then at the end he died protecting

Eun-hwan!! That drama made me go gah-gah over him.

but i also say KSW in stairway to heaven was good too. ^^

Guest VyLeTtE

i'd say.... every lead in every kdrama...

seriously... how do u measure?

>>>>> i dun think there really is any way to measure.... since we all have different opinions.... i guess the topic starter just want to know how we view "deep love" thats y it also states in the topic "your ideal man" so this guy may be someone who sacrifices his life for you or someone who continued to live on even after death of his loved one in the hope that theyd be meeting after death or in the next life... sumthin like that :)

btw armanigurl... the one in ur siggy is the the guy in chunhyang?

The question came to mind, as I was browsing through my K-drama video sets and I would like to start the ball rolling by sharing my view on this.

My choice would be Cha Song Joo (Kwon Sang Woo) in “Stairway To Heaven”.

Personally, I feel that he had loved the deepest, among the K-dramas I have watched.

Even though he was faced with the “glaring truth” that Jung Suh (Choi Ji-woo) had “perished” in an accident, he could not accept in his heart that she was gone from his life. Instead, he continued searching through the endless crowd for her. Any woman who bore the slightest resemblance to her in any way, even if it was just a minor similarity in the flinging of her hair, he would burst through the sea of people separating them, in fervent pursuit of her. However, he was hit with disappointment every time, when he realized it was not Jung Suh. No woman was able to replace Jung Suh’s position in his heart.

Finally, when he found her after five long years, he couldn’t bear to let her out of his sight even for the tiniest moment. Whenever he gazed at her longingly with unshed tears glistening in his eyes, I could feel the depth of his love for her. His eyes were always glazed with unspoken emotions of love and tenderness for her.

No matter how hard Jung Suh tried to escape from him, he would go after her relentlessly. He firmly believed that true love would prevail and they would be reunited eventually.

Song Joo stayed faithfully by Jung Suh’s side till her very last moment. He assured her that their love would never cease, even if she had to leave before him. Their love would be fulfilled when it was his turn to ascend the “Stairway to Heaven”.

Song Joo’s solemn promise to Jung Suh: “I'll follow you wherever the place you may go, be it Heaven.”

Give me a Five... 4_1_201.gif

I love character song seung hun in autumn tale , kwan sang woo in stairway to heaven , kim rae won in love story in harvard and park shin yang in lovers in paris

hmm good question. how do you measure deepest love? B)

personally, i need a man who could shower me with endless love, supports me always (that includes paying my bills! :P), listens & handles my nonsense & gets silly with me!! :lol::rolleyes:

ok now back to the topic, me being a new kfan, i've yet watched many kdramas, but the 1st man to have really touched my heart was soohyuk in lovers in paris. although his was a stupid 1-sided love but it's the subtle support that he showed really touched me. & how his love was rejected...oh my :( ...& also at the end where he finally realised his wrong doings had caused hurt to taeyoung (the girl he loved) & he decided to fulfill his part (pretended amnesia)...that part where he bade goodbye behind their back...oh oh there goes my heart aching again. *crushed* :(:P

the 2nd man to have touched my heart again was choongsang in winter sonata. just his charm in that show & the romantic sceneries already have me head over heels!! :P:lol:

Guest Appolpai

Umm, I'd say Jaehee's character Lee Mongryong from Delightful Girl Choonhyang.

He did a lot of little things for her, but they were very sweet. He got into trouble doing things for her too, like when he sold his dad's prized sword just to make enough money to replace Choonhyang's lost necklace and then lying that he found the same one that she lost. Lol, he was chased from the house and had to sleep outside of his house for a few days. And then when they divorced, she was still in his heart over the years that passed. He couldn't forget her and he still cherished that cell phone attachment she made him years ago. AND he jumped off a building to save her. Hehe, I thought that was SO romantic. XD

It was cute how he denied his love for her at first, but in the end you can tell that he loved her deeply. So yeah, I vote for him. ^o^

Guest NightRain

Cha Sangdoo in Sangdoo! Let's Go To School got my vote. It's essential to be faithful and sacrified for your lover but have the courage to give up your lover, put away your pride to be a gigolo, let your youth past away in sorrow and worry every minutes for your not biological daughter is an unconditional and most beautiful love. If KSW character is most beautiful man inside and outside in the romance world then Sangdoo is the low life that have the will of steel yet with tender loving heart that content endless love. Both men are so fine the way they are. But i chose Sangdoo because someone i know is in his shoes right now.

Guest rockerbabe

I have to say Kwon Sang Woo in Stairway to heaven... He's really so sweet. He just wanted CJW's character which is so touching... :D

And also Kim Rae Won in LSIH... He's really sweet as well... :)

Archived