Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

[drama 2008] Hong Gil Dong 쾌도 홍길동

Replies

• shirleyshirley Posts: 6,989Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2008
    image i think it is now abit confusing to say too much of what had happen .lol i will have to clear this off first .and see what is being revealed completely .

QUOTE (hjkomo @ Mar 12 2008, 10:19 PM) »
    Flashback to him and YN eating buns in his room.
    GD: That's it? Buns are first?
    YN: I like buns, chicken, and crackers.

thanks for the translation ~maybe your buffering god need more buns. image so it will work better

that scene was cute ..lol now i get to see it ...she loveeee bun .but she also I luve you Gildong! i cant believe how he is jealous she place BUN as her first love ..then she say there is only one I LUV you gildong ...

he overheard about YN might be queen i think hence the flashback ...to what she say to him .it hurt his heart soo much now ..thinking of it ...he rather she had killed him then with the sword maybe since now he hurts so much more .. pity now if er CH lost his chance to be King .then i wont have a runaway queen ...dang* i was looking forward to seeing Gil Dong drag her from the altar hahahhhaahah

.image

• hjkomohjkomo NorCalPosts: 2,494Friend of Soompi
    edited March 2008
    QUOTE (sevenses @ Mar 12 2008, 08:51 AM) »
    Okay, this speculating is really fun, but let's gather the facts:

- KH knows of the fake sword's existence and thought, previous to this episode, that he was not the rightful designated heir.
    - Lord Ryu the elder had the real sword all along. Why didn't he speak up? Does he know it's the real sword? Is he into puppetry as well? (That could bode ill for CH, who would be beset by control freaks on all sides.)
    - Lord Ryu the younger tried to hide the fact that the real sword had no writing on it - does that mean he was a blood purist? Or did he want to control the throne through a young, vulnerable king and a queen who favoured him?
    - Lady Noh knew nothing of the real sword, and neither does CH.

Was it Lord Ryu the younger or the elder that conspired with the late Queen? image
    If Lord Ryu the Elder was the conspirator, then it would make sense that he has the real sword with no writing.
    Lord Ryu the Younger would have only known about the fake sword and died trying to protect it.
    xfiles18-1.jpg8-1-1.jpg
    Watching: too many dramas
  • sevensessevenses Posts: 195Member
    edited March 2008
    ^ hjkomo, I think it might be as you say, though Ryu the Elder seems too much like a teddy bear for me to be able to see him doing that kind of plotting. I can't wait to see how CH-GD-YN handle this. Gah, next week, come quicker!

QUOTE (shirley @ Mar 12 2008, 11:56 AM) »
    in fact i think maybe that is the purpose of this turn of events . ?

.take away the sword from CH and make him really see why should he be king , isnt that what GD asked him ...without his rights .to the throne ..does he have in himself to be king . that is why GD never waver when he knew the sword is fake .because he believed in CH .as king in his own rights ?

I hope it is. The alternative is just too gruesomely weird to think about.

QUOTE (shirley @ Mar 12 2008, 12:14 PM) »
    he overheard about YN might be queen i think hence the flashback ...to what she say to him .it hurt his heart soo much now ..thinking of it ...he rather she had killed him then with the sword maybe since now he hurts so much more .. pity now if er CH lost his chance to be King .then i wont have a runaway queen ...dang* i was looking forward to seeing Gil Dong drag her from the altar hahahhhaahah

I don't think GD has to drag her away, lol. She'll run away on her own. Though the headgear might prove a bit troublesome.
    Looking at life through elephant goggles...
  • arimachangarimachang Posts: 73Member
    oh~~ none of the links are working for mee!! T^T
    HELP!!
    QUOTE (sevenses @ Mar 12 2008, 09:18 AM) »
    I don't think GD has to drag her away, lol. She'll run away on her own. Though the headgear might prove a bit troublesome.

Haha! Yeah, it weighs a ton. image YEH in Goong said hers weighed about 25 pounds, right?
    xfiles18-1.jpg8-1-1.jpg
  • jinkzzmecjinkzzmec Ji Hwan & Yoo SoCalPosts: 7,520Member

IDOL

episode 21 bigmail d/l link...much faster d/l speed...mine is around 270 kb/sec right now.

http://bigmail5.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/big...k2JiJ5a3mQ3Dqpl
    image image
    "The trials in life are intended to make us better, not bitter"
  • canyayasiscanyayasis Colorado Rocky MountainsPosts: 1,969Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

QUOTE (asianromance @ Mar 12 2008, 09:07 AM) »totally shocked! especially when I think abt how much crap everyone had to go through because of that sword!
    I'm glad she was raised by Grandpa Heo to have a pure heart instead of her real family! And the part where YN yelled out i love you to get GD's attention--- she's so clever! I'm so proud!

EXACTLY my sentiments - I was so proud of YiNok -
    Yinok did NOT FLINCH one iota - she dropped everything -
    and went to save the day.
    She is her OWN hero, as is Hong Gil Dong!
    I read once that what makes an ordinary man a hero -
    is that in the moment of crisis - they have not ONE selfish thought -
    only to do the right thing.....
    that's what makes ordinary - extraordinary!
    yinok ! You go girl!

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2008
    i dun know i think they keep only mention about the minster of military .lord ryu with the queen ? .but elder ryu knew all along about the thing it seem .actually he doesnt look like a kind old man anymore ..-- in some scene --;;

QUOTE (sevenses @ Mar 13 2008, 12:18 AM) »

lol ya.that is true .i think she will run at the first mention .she had to marry CH ...she wont care if GD want her back or not .she will just run .

you should see his face when he heard she might be er ..going to be queen ...lol then i think he throw tantrum in his room .his room looked quite messey when the monk went to speak to him .lol not that it looked neat before ..but i am sure he was sulking there alone ...thinking about HOW CAN SHE BE someone else 's QUEEN

• xvilleneuvexvilleneuve Posts: 16Member
    .take away the sword from CH and make him really see why should he be king , isnt that what GD asked him ...without his rights .to the throne ..does he have in himself to be king . that is why GD never waver when he knew the sword is fake .because he believed in CH .as king in his own rights ?
    [/quote]

I agree with Shirley. This could be a good opportunity for CH to decide to become king because he is the best for the job, not because he has the right pedegree. I hope this is what happens, and not the whole CH is completely broken and becomes evil. Too cliched.

However, it is interesting to speculate that out of all this rigamorole the person that might become queen is YN. Think about it. The silly and adorably simple girl might be the one most fit for the position (bloodline wise and maybe even morally). Who knows.

But I do know three things with absolute certainty:
    - THE HONG SISTERS ARE F-ING BIRLLIANT. only they could have made such a well-paced drama.
    - I want GilNok NOW
    - I can't bear to think of how I going to survive the coming week image I migth just go buy Vodka/Soju/Tequila/Wine. This drama might drive to alcholism image image
  • pho50pho50 Posts: 183Member
    edited March 2008
    QUOTE (SkyKid @ Mar 12 2008, 10:04 AM) »
    today eps is 360 degree turn around, how interesting, reading the spoiler, even if there is a little of GD & YN, but I'm satisfied with "I Love You" was repeating over and over again image image

Yay! ME TOO!!

QUOTE (heart2heart @ Mar 12 2008, 10:10 AM) »
    ahhh.. my head is spinning...
    way too many twists in one episode
    i think everyone's theories could be true..
    so now i'm so curious as to what happened
    thanks to shirley, hjkomo, axerine, K4Ice, canyayasis!
    much appreciated image

My head is spinning too! So many questions.. but the more I read (can't keep up!) you guys are answering them!
    I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

QUOTE (canyayasis @ Mar 12 2008, 10:15 AM) »

- but you're right - it was a dialogue driven eppie
    - so all i could do was put up the scene breakdowns.

You rocked my world when you posted that - thanks!!!!!!!

I wasn't satisfied w/ earlier explanations of Minister Hong's motivations either, but these developments make sense... omg, yes!

QUOTE (asianromance @ Mar 12 2008, 11:07 AM) »
    totally shocked! especially when I think abt how much crap everyone had to go through because of that sword! And it isn't even real! What pisses me off the most is that these conspirators had screwed around with CH's and even Lady Noh's life and the sacrifices they have to make because they were tricked by these lies. CH spent his entire life wanting revenge and having to pretend that he is dead. Half of Lady Noh's body is scarred by the burns. And even YN's life got into the mix-up. I'm glad she was raised by Grandpa Heo to have a pure heart instead of her real family! And the part where YN yelled out i love you to get GD's attention--- she's so clever! I'm so proud!

I'm proud of YN too!!! I respect her!!!!

Can't wait to watch it. Thanks again to all you guys posting this morning... I love my job except for Wed & Thurs mornings when it interferes with my Hong Gil Dong spoilers!
  • sevensessevenses Posts: 195Member
    QUOTE (xvilleneuve @ Mar 12 2008, 12:25 PM) »

I agree with Shirley. This could be a good opportunity for CH to decide to become king because he is the best for the job, not because he has the right pedegree. I hope this is what happens, and not the whole CH is completely broken and becomes evil. Too cliched.

However, it is interesting to speculate that out of all this rigamorole the person that might become queen is YN. Think about it. The silly and adorably simple girl might be the one most fit for the position (bloodline wise and maybe even morally). Who knows.

- THE HONG SISTERS ARE F-ING BIRLLIANT. only they could have made such a well-paced drama.
    - I want GilNok NOW
    - I can't bear to think of how I going to survive the coming week image I migth just go buy Vodka/Soju/Tequila/Wine. This drama might drive to alcholism image image

So true! I still think that GilNok will be the ones to finally put CH on the throne and then help him settle his kingdom after. It would be so cool. (Yes, I live in an ideal world, don't disturb the bubble!)

xvilleneuve, I recommend Bailey's Irish Cream. It's reeeeeeeeeeeeally good. (Ahaha, this from someone who's not legal in at least 7 countries. Oops.) Or Ice Wine/Cider.
    Looking at life through elephant goggles...

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2008
    QUOTE (xvilleneuve @ Mar 13 2008, 12:25 AM) »
    .take away the sword from CH and make him

- I want GilNok NOW

lol maybe we should place YN on the throne then ..it all about the male getting the thone . .we just get a female ruler hahaa .it will be a more simple world ..where you pay taxes with bun ...lol

i think i am drunk~~ ..need to sleep ..

night everyone

• EnDlEsS88EnDlEsS88 Posts: 360Member

TRAINEE

I can't believe there is one epi to go ... so sad .. i am sooo gonnna MISS OUR HONG GIL DONG .. T_T
  • canyayasiscanyayasis Colorado Rocky MountainsPosts: 1,969Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

edited March 2008
    QUOTE (EnDlEsS88 @ Mar 12 2008, 09:42 AM) »
    I can't believe there is one epi to go ... so sad .. i am sooo gonnna MISS OUR HONG GIL DONG .. T_T

there are THREE episodes to go - up to ep. 24

QUOTE (shirley @ Mar 12 2008, 09:35 AM) »lol maybe we should place YN on the throne then ..it all about the male getting the thone . .we just get a female ruler hahaa .it will be a more simple world ..where you pay taxes with bun ...lol

night everyone

Good nite, shirls - we couldn't have done it without you!
  • xvilleneuvexvilleneuve Posts: 16Member
    QUOTE (shirley @ Mar 12 2008, 10:35 AM) »
    lol maybe we should place YN on the throne then ..it all about the male getting the thone . .we just get a female ruler hahaa .it will be a more simple world ..where you pay taxes with bun ...lol

night everyone

Bun taxes...LMAO... I don't think I would mind paying those. Would these taxes have income tax refunds...lol ... that my knind of tax refund:w00t:
    edited March 2008
    QUOTE (shirley @ Mar 12 2008, 09:35 AM) »

night everyone image

Haha... pay taxes with buns... image
    Goodnight, shirley!

Edit: yeah, refunds with buns and "I luv you" from HGD/KJH... image
    xfiles18-1.jpg8-1-1.jpg
  • pho50pho50 Posts: 183Member
    'night Shirley and thanks again!!!

Wow, I haven't even watched this ep yet but I am sooooo relieved that instead of feeling nervous and dreading the next episode, I am feeling very excited and HOPEFUL! HOPEFUL!! YN rushing off to save GD and doing so well (wish I could say it in Korean like she says it to CH - good job YN!).... and just the thought of them working together again... ahhhhh sigh of relief... I get my relief and yet the action hasn't let up - those Hong Sisters!!!! They keep stepping it up a notch in ways you just don't see coming!

Ahhhh sweet relief for now.... but I have a feeling my HGDWS will be flaming this week! Meet you guys at the liquor store! kekeke
  • heart2heartheart2heart Austin, TX, USAPosts: 528Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (cutiepie @ Mar 12 2008, 10:12 AM) »

omg, thanks for the LQ!!
    it'll be enough to tide me over until javabean's summary & the c-subs
  • arimachangarimachang Posts: 73Member
    QUOTE (jinkzzmec @ Mar 12 2008, 10:22 AM) »
    episode 21 bigmail d/l link...much faster d/l speed...mine is around 270 kb/sec right now.

http://bigmail5.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/big...k2JiJ5a3mQ3Dqpl

Thank you soo much!! ^^
    edited March 2008
    QUOTE (shirley @ Mar 12 2008, 09:14 AM) »
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l126/kor...ind/0312_23.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l126/koreanwind/031.jpg

Yeah, GD overheard CS telling the rest of Hwalbindang once CH becomes king, YN will be in the palace....as the queen.
    GD was so sad to hear that, but he acted like he didn't care in front of Hae Myung.

Flashback:
    YN: I love buns the most in the whole wide world.
    GD: Really? Buns? Buns are first place?
    YN: I like buns...and chicken...and crackers/cookies...well, it's hard to say first place....
    GD: What's that? buns...then chicken...then crackers...Aish!...next I'll lose out to potatoes and (dogs? or crab?)....
    YN: I do like buns, chicken and crackers, but there's only one "I lub you" in the world.
    ... Gil Dong, you're "I lub you"
    GD: Is that something good?
    YN: Uh-huh
    GD: Then, I'll "I lub you" to you, too.
    YN: Really?
    GD: You said it was something good.... It's "I lub you"
    YN: You really did say "I lub you" - You can't take it back later when you learn what it is!
    ... Gil Dong, I LUB YOU!

image image image image
    xfiles18-1.jpg8-1-1.jpg