How To Sing Better

Guest nitesamba

Guest nitesamba

help
hi fellow soompiers :)

i wanna know if theres any tips for a guy who wants to sing. i cannot sing very well at all right now, but i at least want to sounds decent everytime i open my mouth. so is there any way possible to smooth my voice, or are you just born with singin talent? thinks for reading.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SARANGx

ahaah my mom is a church singer

and she always tells me, dont sing it with your voice,

sing it with your stomach.

put more powers in it so that it can come our powerfully.

Guest nitesamba

ahaah my mom is a church singer

and she always tells me, dont sing it with your voice,

sing it with your stomach.

put more powers in it so that it can come our powerfully.

hmm i see, but my voice doesnt even sound close to good. how do you make your voice better? just keep trying? idk -__-;;

Guest SARANGx

hmm i see, but my voice doesnt even sound close to good. how do you make your voice better? just keep trying? idk -__-;;

well.

i suck at singing too !

because i didnt use my stomach.

i think it doesnt matter if you sound is good or not.

if you use ur stomach then powerful voice will come out.

and try to practice " if i aint got you " by alicia keys.

i kept on singing that, and kept on using my stomach and it help alot

Guest nitesamba

ooh lol! so if i keep singing songs, that will help my voice sound better, yes? its cuz i sound the worst at karaoke out of my friends =\

Guest nitesamba

should i just wait until my voice completely deepens from puberty? would taht be easier?

cuz i sound so monotone

Guest JuliaYYK

haha...

well i don't really know how to teach someone to sing better but..

don't drink cold drinks...it will not do you any good on singing and to your health as well

drink lots of warm water..

try doing some "do re mi fa so la ti do" again and again... and go higher and higher...before you start on a song..

and also..try to do breathing exercises..

if you wanna do a fast song, try jogging and humming the song first..and then after you get the hang of it..try jog and sing at the same time

i think that to sing from your stomach..you have to think as if you are breathing really hard..and you are singing at the same time..

er..i don't know if you know what i mean..haha~~

Guest nitesamba

hm sounds like good advice julia, haha thnks.

but going high is so hard, its like a huge gap between my normal voice and my high pitched. not really a singin type of high pitched either.

hha oh well. ill just keep trying

Guest mojomunkeez

It helps if you have some musical background. Turn on some music and sing along. Sing everywhere. While you're walking, while you're doing homework, while you're in the shower. Try to match tones with the music. Listen to a lot of music to help you get a good feel for it.

Guest dankyung

yeah what the person above me said. keep singing and singing. even if you sound bad you jsut have to keep practicing. i did that and i can hit a yeonji note. i was reallly suprised. but just keep doing it. when i was trying to sing high i couldn't and it sounded SO BAD but i just kept doing it and doing it anf i eventually got it. (:

Guest nitesamba

yeah what the person above me said. keep singing and singing. even if you sound bad you jsut have to keep practicing. i did that and i can hit a yeonji note. i was reallly suprised. but just keep doing it. when i was trying to sing high i couldn't and it sounded SO BAD but i just kept doing it and doing it anf i eventually got it. (:

yeonji note? is that a high note? ooh awesome, that gives me hope! thnks guys :)

Guest dankyung

yeonji note? is that a high note? ooh awesome, that gives me hope! thnks guys :)

xD i mean the memeber in see ya her name is yeonji. she always sings like the crazyhard part of the songs. i seriously never thought i would be able to sing anything she sings and i did. but when i started it was so bad. i sounded like really bad. it made me sad LOL but it's a little better now. aha

Guest cjsedthat

its all about the diaphragm (stomach)its like playing a trumpet

so wen u breathe your stomach shuld inflate then wen u releasse your singing your stomach should go flat

dont use your chest at all (dont move it) and dont move your shoulders

and to maintain the singing sit up/stand up straight to straighten up your lungs

and to get better you hav to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

practicing-your do-re-mi scale nd deep breathing

if u hav a vocals teacher their goina tell your to practice your scales for 30-40 mins everyday

i got lessons and it didnt help,so i just practiced and my voice back then used to be like EGGGHH...

but now atleast i can sing a song

Guest lovemickytobits

SORRY, but i have a question to ask. xDD

sorry for asking question in ur topic. =(

hmm, i dont like my voice. honestly, i hate it. is there any way to change it? LOL im still in puberty. xDDD

damn, my question is so stupid. ><

well, is there anyway to train your voice until it's really 'thick' and stable? *i dont have any instrument to do scales.*

Guest cjsedthat

SORRY, but i have a question to ask. xDD

sorry for asking question in ur topic. =(

hmm, i dont like my voice. honestly, i hate it. is there any way to change it? LOL im still in puberty. xDDD

damn, my question is so stupid. ><

well, is there anyway to train your voice until it's really 'thick' and stable? *i dont have any instrument to do scales.*

ahaha...ur in my situation...

i used to be able to sing songs real well,until i hit my puberty age..

then my voice just got lower and cracks easier,but its getting betterrr

u dont need an insturment to do your d-r-m-f-s-l-t-do's

just do it....its not hard..take deep breathes,and wen singing vowels try to open your mouth big wen u say em..

and i really cant help u more

Guest lovemickytobits

ahaha...ur in my situation...

i used to be able to sing songs real well,until i hit my puberty age..

then my voice just got lower and cracks easier,but its getting betterrr

u dont need an insturment to do your d-r-m-f-s-l-t-do's

just do it....its not hard..take deep breathes,and wen singing vowels try to open your mouth big wen u say em..

and i really cant help u more

HAHAHAH. thanks for the reply. lol

i'll try. practice makes perfect eyh? but i still hate my voice. LOL xDD

thanks! =D

Archived