Mozilla Firefox Keeps Freezing !

Guest BOOMBOX

Guest BOOMBOX

ever since i downloaded the newest update ...
this is driving me insane! the other day i downloaded the nestwest update for firefox and ever since then, it constantly freezes while i'm on it and suddenly decides to work again. ti probably does this every minute or when i'm trying to type something.

i've tried everything i could think of to try solve it. i've restarted the computer, uninstalled and installed it again, i've read up on the faqs on the mozilla website and i still can't figure out what's wrong. could it be my computer or something?

before the newest firefox update, the browser worked fine, it was fast, never froze etc. i'm not internet explorer right now .. ahh i'd much prefer firefox though, its faster.

please help me!!

Guest moosepooop

yeah i also have problems with mozilla firefox too ><'

like, eversince i downloaded the new version, my url

pulldown bar doesn't take me to the link i want unless

i click the green arrow button or push enter :/

if they're gonna make a newer version; they should

atleast make everything smoothing& efficient.

but i'm not sure what's going on with firefox.

sorry if this isn't much help ><'

goodluck though! :D

Maybe it has something to do with the plugins you're using. For example, there's quite a few plugins that worked with firefox 1.5 but not with the newer 2.0 versions and vice versa.

You'll probably want to backup your bookmarks first. Go to Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > File > Export then go ahead and save your bookmarks somewhere safe like C:\ or something like that. Next, if you're able to, go to Tools > Add-Ons then uninstall all the extensions and themes you've got installed. Restart Firefox then test it out.

If it still freezes on you then uninstall Firefox. After that, go delete your firefox profile at C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows login/user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\. Then delete your firefox folder at C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox. Reinstall Firefox now and test again.

If it works now, then carefully go download your favorite plugins again... making sure to find only the plugins that mention being compatible with Firefox v2.0 and above. Otherwise, your only other option is to reinstall the older Firefox instead if there's plugins you MUST HAVE but aren't available for Firefox v2.0 yet.

Guest BOOMBOX

unfortunately, it still keeps freezing. i followed all the steps but firefox is still freezing :(. its weird because i never had any plugins in the first place, perhaps its my computer then ><

Guest marrymehyori

What OS are you running?

You might in the interim give Opera or Safari a test-drive.

http://www.opera.com/download/

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

I've been fiddling with Opera a lot lately and it has some nice features, but misses a few that Firefox has that I really like. But just depends on how you use your browser - it might be just fine for you.

unfortunately, it still keeps freezing. i followed all the steps but firefox is still freezing :(. its weird because i never had any plugins in the first place, perhaps its my computer then ><

Try this... right-click the Firefox shortcut > Properties > Compatibility tab. Put a check on Run this program in compatibility mode, select Windows 98/Windows ME then hit OK. Now try to run Firefox.

• 4 years later...
Guest geniuzgrost232

this is driving me insane! the other day i downloaded the nestwest update for firefox and ever since then, it constantly freezes while i'm on it and suddenly decides to work again. ti probably does this every minute or when i'm trying to type something.

i've tried everything i could think of to try solve it. i've restarted the computer, uninstalled and installed it again, i've read up on the faqs on the mozilla website and i still can't figure out what's wrong. could it be my computer or something?

before the newest firefox update, the browser worked fine, it was fast, never froze etc. i'm not internet explorer right now .. ahh i'd much prefer firefox though, its faster.

please help me!!

Hello... To all out there who experience this problem, THE DAMN FREAKIN MOZILLA KEEP FREEZING FOR 10Second and then Respond again... THIS is annoying... But, I've found a way to put an end to this problem with these simple and easy step!

I recommend that you go to this blog for full guide! > http://laptop-problem.blogspot.com/2012/01/fix-freezingnot-responding-mozilla.html

Hope it helps!

Archived