Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How To Deal With High Heel Shoes That Are Too Big?

mint*stermint*ster NYPosts: 662Member
or wear them w/o falling off
I recently bought a pair of high heels online and it was rather expensive, even before calculating s/h image

unfortunately the size was too big for me or maybe my feet shrunk? image

I don't want to end up selling and there's no way to get another pair. Does anyone know how to make the high heel shoes smaller?

If not, does anyone know how to stuff the heels so I can wear it w/o it falling off everytime I walk? image

Replies

• sushiwhoresushiwhore Oldie Washington~Posts: 10,313Friend of Soompi

IDOL

is it peep toe or open toe? if not you can always stuff the tip of the toe
    Then I've concluded, that after many years of nothingness, I had found nothingness to be something.

• pprMNTEpprMNTE Stephu LAPosts: 2,915Friend of Soompi
    I would tell you just to return them. They'll be uncomfortable to walk in and you can't make them smaller. But if you insist, if they're pumps you can add insoles to see if that helps (depending on just how much bigger your heels are).
    <div align='center'><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro--><!--fonto:Georgia--><span style="font-family:Georgia"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><a href="http://stephanemone.blogspot.com" target="_blank">blog</a>
  • renjitehsmexrenjitehsmex aw man. SingaporePosts: 1,628Member
    return them / throw them away. u don't wanna fall and sprain ur ankle.

• ehytee7ehytee7 CT,USAPosts: 1,227Friend of Soompi
    edited June 2007
    QUOTE(mint*ster @ Jun 22 2007, 11:03 PM) »
    I recently bought a pair of high heels online and it was rather expensive, even before calculating s/h image

unfortunately the size was too big for me or maybe my feet shrunk? image

I don't want to end up selling and there's no way to get another pair. Does anyone know how to make the high heel shoes smaller?

If not, does anyone know how to stuff the heels so I can wear it w/o it falling off everytime I walk? image

wear heel liners.. they add space to your heels.. or those insoles.. idk how you call that.. coz in the philippines i call it cork.. haha.. drugstores has them..

my problem is the opposite as yours.. i bought pumps online, but the sizing was asian..i just matched my US size with their chart, but when it arrived it was somewhat tight on my feet.. anyways they fit me but there's just no allowance at all..that's what i got from buying online.. hehe image
  • StacyStacy 韩庚 ♥ Bay Area, CAPosts: 9,239Friend of Soompi

IDOL

How much bigger?
    I say return them too.
    sp0il3dbr8tbanpt0.jpgheytherev.jpg
    Banner credit to hiSHUA! & hey there~, respectively.

• ElluzionsElluzions MarylandPosts: 339Member

ROOKIE

Try footpetals? Check out the website, they have tons of products...

http://www.footpetals.com/cgi-bin/footpetals/products.html

Credits to beautifulxmess for the lovely avatar
  • rigashirigashi Posts: 1,472Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

^ Yea, I LOVE foot petals! They work really well in preventing your feet from slipping forward.
  • prettycrimson_prettycrimson_ Posts: 438Member
    if it falls off at the heel, there are these heel thingies... (forgot what they were called =) you stick 'em on the inside of the heel part of your shoe (it's kind of like a cushion?) and it sort of makes your shoe "smaller" but helps it from slipping off... you can buy em at like payless or something
  • YoonHee08YoonHee08 Roseville, CAPosts: 64Member
    This may sound bizarre but I was reading this book on celebrity beauty tips and secrets and you could try putting in a maxi pad or pad I guess with the sticky lining in the middle into your shoes and it helps. Haha a bit weird but it worked for me. If not then the heel inserts should work just as fine.
    The one and only Lee Ji Ah.

LOVE: Song Il Gook, Kwon Sang Woo, Bae Yong Joon, Ji Sung, Hyun Bin, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Jung Jin, Lee Ji Ah, Kim Ok Bin, Han Hye Jin, Ha Ji Won, Song Ji Hyo and Sung Yuri

Currently Watching: Powerful Opponents, Three Dads, One Mom and Iljimae
  • EDENOVERDOSEEDENOVERDOSE SeattlePosts: 138Member
    Line your shoes to take up more space and you can do a little light exercise so your feet are warmer and there is more blood pumping to the feet. My feet tend to expand and swell up more if they are warm. :]
  • calcal Posts: 216Friend of Soompi
    If they're only half a size or so, use inserts.

Did you buy it for a special occassion? I don't see why you can't just return them & go to a shoe/department store to get another pair?
  • DelsterDelster Soon to be Crazy Cat Lady. Vancouver BCPosts: 2,675Member

IDOL

If they're not too big you can try inserts. Otherwise, just don't wear them. Heels are already torture to the feet (even though they may feel comfortable, internally, it's not good for you) so wearing heels that are too big/small are a definite no no.
  • &lt;vanity&gt;<vanity> Posts: 429Member
    you can try to elaborate how they are bigger

other than that, try Party Feet (in AUST). they make all sides of inserts from heel to sole to toe to strap etc.
  • deportedkoreandeportedkorean Kelie C. Honolulu, HawaiiPosts: 4,528Friend of Soompi

IDOL

^yeah...

...and it'd be easier if we knew what the shoes looked like...

...try taking a pic of your feet in the shoes (with your foot as far forward as possible, so we see the space you need to fill up)
    instagram: chomamaa
  • lilil aZn babelilil aZn babe Posts: 2,690Member
    QUOTE(renjitehsmex @ Jun 22 2007, 09:19 PM) »
    return them / throw them away. u don't wanna fall and sprain ur ankle.

throw them away??? crazy person.

juss sell them back online. make $$$
    my shop: http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/355970-usa-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0-n-e-w-s-h-o-p-%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0/
  • yoshiiiyoshiii Posts: 37Member
    payless sells those things you put in the back of your shoes to add space
    its less than 2.00
  • PizazzPizza88PizazzPizza88 Posts: 5,474Friend of Soompi
    edited December 2009
  • lala4everlala4ever Washington, U.S.Posts: 531Member
    Sell them on Soompi. I'm sure someone will think they're cute and want them
    "you got your whole life ahead of you...and there are many fish crackers in the tomato soup. (:"
  • demisweetdemisweet AsiaPosts: 143Member
    I have a pair of heels like that...

I have the foot padding in the front and this sticker at the back, which also has padding image I don't know the name, sorry!
    Pollyanna!