cuuuzz i lost it for the second timee

i wraped it in a napkin, threw it away

and my mom wont buy me a new one

should i worry?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aznsweetie143

just tell your mom to buy you a new one, or she'll have to get you braces again.

I'm pretty sure after that, she'll rush to get the retainer.

Guest xxsarahhoangerz

I think you should tell your mom to get you another one, because although your teeth won't move back dramatically. It WILL move over time and then it wont be all that straight. Same thing happened to my sister, except she just didnt wear hers, and its crooked, not like before, but just like not too straight.

Guest ehytee7

i lost my retainers thrice i think bec i'm such a clumsy person.. anyway i hated the 4th retainer that my dentist gave me.. so i barely wear them.. and when i migrated i intentionally left them at home.. haha.. but know.. one of my lower tooth slightly overlapped the other.. and it didn't look good since my entire teeth were okay except for that one.. so i'm considering of getting braces on the lower part of my mouth if my retainers wouldn't work.. i asked my dad to bring them here when he visits us this month.

so i guess.. get a new one before it messes up :)

Guest aznsweetie143

...basically, if you don't wear your retainer, the work the braces did will become undone.

The ONLY THING you can do is get another retainer.

Or live with crooked teeth forever, meaning you waster so much money on braces.

Guest xblueswirlsx

yup it'll move back.. but gradually

Then you have to do the braces process again. i think?

Well getting a retainer is cheaper than getting braces again.

Guest EauDeAnnie

You should get another one.

If you don't wear it, your teeth will go back to the way it used to or at least not straight and then you'll have to get braces again to make them straight. That's what happened to my friend. ><

Guest ang2essence

i already used it for 6 months i was kinda hoping that ur teeth stop moving after a while

and when can you stop wearing it??

Guest xpiyo

^^ i don't think wearing for 6 months is all right. i've been wearing retainers for like 3 years and i just recently went to the dentist and he said my teeths are moving a little and i need to bring the retainer back to tighten it.

anyways, go get anothe retainer! i know 2 people who didn't wear their retainers and they had to get braces AGAIN. i don't think you or your mom would want that. :\

Guest predator

get another one

tell your mom that if she doesn't get you one

then all that money for braces is wasted =]

& be careful next time.

don't throw them away

I think you need to wear it for the rest of your life (that is...if you want to )

I've had my retainers for about four years or so...and I recently just put them on and I realized that some of my teeth are moving back to its original places.

Gosh, it creeped my out soo much I started using it again. But I highly advise you to get new retainers...because if your teeth get messed up again, you're going to be spending

a lot more money on braces that you already had long ago.

I hope you get it replaced soon. :)

Guest *sarah

6 months is too short...

Well it seems like you lost your retainers during the day?

After 2 months of wearing my retainers, I wear them only at night when I sleep ... so I don't lose them XD

Guest Malice_Kaiser

It's gonna cost less to get a new retainer now than to have to get braces again later... << Just tell her that.

Though I haven't worn my retainer in a long time. X___X; So far no movement, but maybe I should make a habit of wearing it. T_T;

Guest lovejyk

I can understand how your mother probably isn't really itching to get you a new retainer...

but I hope she knows that without your retainer, your teeth will start moving and getting crooked on it's own again.

Guest akira53

just tell your mom to buy you a new one, or she'll have to get you braces again.

I'm pretty sure after that, she'll rush to get the retainer.

exactly....your teeth won't change like overnight but within a few months they'll have moved around a lot...especially if you have missing teeth.

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

if she doesn't get you a new one, all your effort in getting your teeth straight will go to waste! XD

Guest sugar_puff <3

lol that's how my sister lost hers and I almost did that too haha

It's best to get another one... it does shift... and 6 months is nothing.. u need to be wearing it for years... or forever lol

The shift depends on people's teeth and the way it grows and such... both my sister and I dont wear our retainers anymore... but mine hasn'y changed dramtically... my sister's teeth shifted more than mine.. so yea... im considered lucky lol.. i try wearing my retainer but it wont fit anymore =(

Guest dbsk_star

Lol i think almost everyone has experienced this

my brother lost his retainer, and then after a month he got a new one

and he said it hurt a lot putting it back on because his teeth moved a bit

so you should def. get a new one or you might need braces again!

Archived