Why Do So Many People Want To Become A Singer Or An Actor?

Guest yoori

Guest yoori

I find that so many people want to become singers and actors these days.

Adults say its becoming a problem because kids are influence by the media

and all they want to do is live the life of a celebrity and become famous, when

there are greater/necessary things to do such as wanting to make a change in the world

and helping others etc blah blah blah. I mean there are people who are pretty serious

about it because they have a strong passion for performing and they're talented but I don't know about others.

what is your honest reason for wanting to become a singer or an actor?

besides the fact that you "like" singing and acting

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to become a singer or an actor. but it's something nice to day dream about.

But it's definately something I wouldn't want to do. I just want a good career. Honestly, changing

the world/kinda greater thing. Yeah it's nice to do. I would want to join the peace crop and stuff, but

really as a long term goal...I don't think I can commit to it.

My friends who wants to become singers have been praticing since they were in their pre-teens.

Aside from "liking", maybe they're attracted to the whole lifesytle. Who knows. I mean, everyone

has their own reasons...the "greater things" might not be as important to them or it does not

appeal to them.

i really think that mostly it is the influence of the media.

some people outright say that they want to become celebrities because it looks fun, which shows that they only see the fancy image of the industry and not the filthiness and hardships involved in the business. or maybe they hear about it and know that it exists, but

1) it doesn't hit them hard because they never saw it/witnessed it or

2) there are always exceptions, so they think they will be those exceptions.

some people say they want to be a celebrity because they have a true passion for whatever skill they have, but of those people, i doubt that more than half of them are really in it for the passion. i think so many people mistake their infatuation/interest for the industry as true passion. there are many people who love music and love to sing, but i don't think that's enough to call the hobby a "passion". of those people who say they are into the business because of passion, can they really delve into the industry and continue to attempt even if nothing is guaranteed? if they were neglected and continuously unrecognized for their achievements? being a celebrity looks great--when fame comes with it. but the chances are that most likely, one will fail. and even with that fame it is not at all what it seems.

and really, even if one enjoys music and listens/sings 24/7, how many can say they are not into the industry because of what they see and perceive on television (and off television) about celebrities? how many of the dreamers think that if they become singers, they can meet their favorite celebrities and become their "hoobaes", go on talkshows and gameshows together and have "fun"? it's like how when you look at an sm town music video, you really want to be in sm town because the collaboration looks so great and everyone seems so close, like a family. but really, so much of that is just what you see--an IMAGE. in reality, there's many more things behind that happy, bubbly family.

i don't think it's wrong that people want to become celebs, so long as they know what they are going into and have plans to get themselves out when things don't work out. that's why i am really against all these young singers coming out these days, because 1) being in the industry as a young teenager is going to at least in some ways hinder their moral development and 2) it takes away so many other potentials careers for young people; those who constantly dream just about stepping into the industry and those that actually delve into it and sacrifice their youth --> A LOT of young people.

i just wish people would be smart about the decisions they make and to REALLY REALLY think. somehow though, i think that if they are infatuated with the media's image enough, everything i say is not going to get to them and they're going to continue doing what they do.

ehh, i babbled on too much. this probably only makes sense in my head...hah xD this whole thing is just a sensitive topic for me because i know so many people, many who i dearly care about, that are all in this k-pop singer/celebrity phase and neglecting everyting else, when i think that their reason for wanting to become one is really not anything that goes beyond infatuation.

Guest chubzzy

i think it's not the fame that people are really interested in... who will really like their privacy and private lives be in the media, even when they are not working?? it's more of the cash that they are interested in. who doesn't know that when u are famous, the big bucks come rolling in? that's why people don't really care if they really have the talent or not, as long as they have the 'looks' to get into the industry, who cares?

on the other hand, for the media, if they have 'celebrities' who can roll in big bucks for their companies, then why not? who cares about talent now?

it's all about money now. talent is a bonus.

i guess it doesn't do justice for those who are REALLY talented, but they are not as recognised as those who are not.

Guest MoiraElla

I would want to be one because i think the current celebrities are enjoying what they do and they also are successful.

Guest SwtMsT

I like music and I like to sing...

If I could sing in a band, I think I would be truely happy...

right now, I'm singing classical...

Most songs reflect something about yourself, maybe something that you're not too sure you want to share, but if your music is good enough, listeners can interpret that feeling into something relatable and really get into your music...it's like communicating without having a story or any common knowledge about the other person listening...yet people seem to understand your song, even if they can only understand it in a way that's important to them...that's totally amazing to me!

I guess that's why I want to be a singer.

Guest tinil-galia

It's not all the fame and glamour. Most kids wants to enter the media because they think they'll immediately become one of those rich and famous people.

I'm not sure if I want to become a singer or an actress right now. But not long ago, I wanted to be one because I wanted to create a difference in the media world. It's the same old face, it's the same old songs, I was getting bored. But then I realized that everyone wanted to change that too & it is not easy.

Once you enter the media world, it's not easy to get out of it.

don't want to be either

but I think its because everybody can see them on tv. TV makes everything look glamorous, hazardous, or goofy.

If you make it on tv, you are considered the one that has "made it" and its somewhat true to an extent.

Guest Michiyo Yakito-chan

Personally i dream of being a singer.

Reasons:

First, i loved to sing and wanted people to appreciate them.

Second, the biggest reason is probably feeling good of having fans?

Well that's my personal thoughts.Probably won't come true anyway :tears:

Ah! let me add 1 more thing! If i became a singer i might be able to meet my idols close up!! :blush:

I definitely don't want to be a singer because I know I can't sing in tune. lol

But I don't mind being an actor because I think it's challenging and interesting to be able to play character that is not who I am in real life. I'd like to know what it feels like to be someone else. I think it'll help me understand other people better. I don't mind getting good pay as well. lol

Guest CtlunatC

I want to be a singer because i love to perform. like when ever i stand on a stage, it feels soo good and right ya know???

haha that sounds so cliche, but its true!!!! it just feels so awesome to be able to get a crowd all hyped up by your performance. Also its an awesome way to show people who you really are because not everyone knows you well or talks to you. but when i perform, i let them see me.

soo cliche >.< XP

I agree that some people are influenced by the media. its cause they see the glamor and the stardom and how everyone loves that person, but they dont exactly see the downside to it. Also some kids see it as a way to get fast money ya know??

Guest Seraphic_Gin

i think many engage in such 'passion' because of the fame attached to it.

the popularity to become a singer and actor is great when it's there.

and maybe many kids nowadays are willing to give away their privacy for the sake of such fame. i mean, we have myspace,youtube and stuff - tv won't be that hard.

yeah, we are the products of media.

and seeing that fame can be easy now {ex: reality shows}

many people, esp. kids are tempted to it.

they just saw the good aspects of it, and somehow - the bad doesn't affect them a bit.

the feeling is superbly great, i think?

whoever doesn't want to be loved, right?

coz i want to, too.

but i know i can't keep up with such lifestyle so i stay rooted to where i am.

so there.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

"A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized."

Taken from quotegarden.com

I thought of that quote when I saw this thread. XD;

A lot of people don't know what it means to be a celebrity. Once you're famous, it's like you have no personal life. Everyone is going to know everything you say and do. And I agree when someone said that despite that people say they're in it because they're passionate about it, I doubt that's all.

Eh. Whatever. To each their own I guess...

Guest woaini715

take a look at the life of an average celebrity...doesnt it look attractive with the limo rides and stepping on the red carpet? if u asked this to a young (and probably naive) girl, they'll defineltly fall for it. the fame and glamor is wut really atrracts them. but media plays a huge role too.

i totally agree. yeh sure being a singer is great and all but it's very different behind all the fame and everything. sure everyone wants to be famous and be a singer but some people need to see the difference between their love for music to become a singer or their love for performing and their passion for music, it's a huge difference. i agree with seohee said, you basically said everything i wanted to say. the media has brainwashed everyone to want to become a singer or actor and people need to see what their real passion is. btw, that's a good quote to define a celebrity.

Guest CriticalHit

I've considered being an actor but I'm too lazy. Anyways celeb lives are really hectic and I'd collapse under the stress. I'd like a laid-back sorta life because I'm a complete sloth.

But now I've considered being a medic... or a vet or something because I like to heal things, especially animals.

And also I think its that soompi is sort of like a gathering of a lot of singer/actor people who have lots of talent, influenced by all the korean celebs here. Not that its bad or anything ^^

Guest Classic Example

Fame, glory, wealth, adoring fans. Who doesn't want it? And plus if they have the passion there's just more reason for them to want it.

Guest hazey

When I went through the "I want to be a singer/actress" phase, it was mainly because the celebrity life looked infinitely more interesting than what I thought was a banal existence otherwise. Plus the money from all those endorsements. And all the hunks that I'll get to meet. Of course I know better now. ^_^;

Archived