Naturally Fuzzy, Curly Hair, Only On Top?

Guest bubbbletea

Guest bubbbletea

천연 반 곱슬머리 anyone?
Some people have this really nice natural curls.

Some unlucky people have this really ugly curl & fuzzy hair, ONLY on the front

(right above your forehead, where everyone can see)

or on the TOP layer of hair

and all the other parts are either striaght/ or little curly.

People call this 'half curl' / 반곱슬

and its worse then having full curl or having striaght hair.

it's basically the worst natural hairstyle a person can have.

is anyone else halfcurl like me?

those straightening gels NEVER work on half curl hairs.

and the hair becomes like a LION's MANE after walking around the city for few hours.

how does everyone else deal with this?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ~Shelly~

I totally understand what you're saying! I'm like that, my under-layer of hair is like nice and straight and such but the top parts were all frizzy and curly and horrible!

I somewhat sorted out the main problems though by getting a lot of my top layers of hair thinned out A LOT! That way when blow-drying or straightening I only need to do the top parts of my thinned out, shorter hairs and it's all good after. I also do a deep-conditioning mask every 1-2 weeks to restore moisture otherwise the frizz gets worse.

Get your hair thinned out and you'll find it'll be a lot more easier to manage the frizzy parts.

Guest reallyAmused

I have it too, no matter what happens they are always there, it's so annoying! but i don't just have it near my forehead, it's spread out every where :crazy: ! i really want to get rid of it (maybe without thinning my hair though...)

Guest versatilesmiles

Ahh. Definitely. Straightening and curling my hair is really annoying too =__=; I wish my hair was just naturally curly or straight not in between.

Guest peace170

OMG my hair is like that. i never knew that there was a name for this.

The top layer of my hair is straight but the bottome is kinda wavy.

I usually use leave in conditioner, then anti friz and straighten gel. Then put hairstray in while I'm straighten it.

It works most of the day....well about 9 hour.

Guest joonieballoonie

Aah, I have 곱슬 머리, too. It used to be really bad, exactly like a lion's mane - it was really frizzy and would start rising at the ends so my head would look like a triangle. I did the magic straight perm for a couple of years, but I got really sick of it and I haven't done it for about two years now. Now I use jojoba oil/olive oil while I condition, then leave the conditioner in for about 20 minutes before washing it out. (My favorite conditioner for my hair type is probably the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Conditioner - I know everyone says light conditioners like Dove for Asian hair, but the Restoratives works really well, and my hair always comes out looking normal :rolleyes: ) Then I put in anti-frizz serum, and I dry my hair carefully. You can try straightening it, too, I guess ... I'm not too sure about the damage, though.

Also, I only wash my hair every other day - by the second day my hair is a lot more manageable and smooth.

Guest snoopy

my hair's like that.

that's why i need to get like magic straight during the summer cause it just gets really gross.

Guest hope_

*shoves hand in the hair*

I have it + it is the absolute worst. i had the biggest, most boofiest hair around. . . + now i get it straightened once a year and constantly give it treatments. i mean the roots grow back curly, but i just have to put up with it otherwise i straighten it at home.

Guest missM.

haha

u should see my hair

not only does it curl like hecka at the top

then it fizzes out and i look like i have a half of an afro

that why i hate going to tropical places like hk

my hair literally gets bigger and bigger...

i got it permantly straightened

but now my hair is gowing and its coming back :tears:

Guest adagio12

Get your hair thinned out and you'll find it'll be a lot more easier to manage the frizzy parts.

what do you mean by "thinned out"? :mellow:

Guest Lets_Be

I have hair like that too, but instead mine is the inside of my hair. The top is pretty staight. It was so annoying when I was young and my hair would just be a big poof. Thank goodness for ceramic and tourmaline straighteners! =]

i used, sunsilk "straightening" shampoo and it seemed to calm down my hair after I slept on it. You would think that since I slept on it, anything would calm it down, but sometimes it can make it worse.

now i just have to straighten my hair, and i don't like getting magic straights since it makes the hair stick flat on my face.

Guest emc123

i hate my front hair curls. they look so out of place. i tried flattening them but they don't work because they're too thin and i don't want to burn them off. on good days they're flat or hide in my hair but on bad days it looks like i have horns

Guest rycekrispies1212

OMG I HAVE THAT AND IT SUCKS SO BADDDDDDDD. T_T The top layer of my hair is so crazy.

Archived