Faq (frequently Asked Questions)

dot1q

Got questions about Soompi? Read this first

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem with the site, email support@soompi.com to report your problem. Make sure to include your proper email address, username, and a brief description of the problem. POLICIES AND WARNINGS

Q: HOW MANY BANNERS ARE WE ALLOWED TO HAVE IN OUR SIGNATURE?

A: Two. Read the Soompi Forum Rules.

Q: WHY DOES IT SAY “WARNINGS: 0%” UNDER MY NAME?

A: Every member has a warning panel, but you can only see your own. It helps the moderators keep track of troublemakers. As long as you follow the rules, you don't have to worry about it.

Q: HOW DO I HAVE MY WARNINGS REMOVED/LOWERED?

A: After a month has passed without any instances of violations, PM the moderator who gave you the warning, and ask him/her to remove it for you. The moderator will judge whether your behavior has improved enough to warrant a warning removal. If your behavior has not improved, work on it for a month and then PM the moderator again. Warnings are not automatically removed, so take care to PM the moderator if you want it removed.

Q: WHY WAS I WARNED?

A: Click the warning panel under your name to display all the information regarding your warning.

Q: THE MODERATOR WHO WARNED ME HAS SINCE STEPPED DOWN.

A: PM any other moderator or admin and explain your situation. The moderator or admin will judge whether your behavior has improved enough to warrant a warning removal. If your behavior has not improved, work on it for a month and then PM the moderator or admin again.

REGISTRATION AND LOGIN

Q: I REGISTERED BUT NEVER RECEIVED A VERIFICATION EMAIL/VERIFICATION EMAIL DIDN’T WORK.

A: Please check your spam folder!

Q: I CAN LOG INTO THE MAIN SITE, BUT GET LOGGED OUT WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS THE FORUMS (OR VICE VERSA).

Q: I FORGOT MY PASSWORD, AND THE PASSWORD RESET ISN'T SENDING ME A NEW PASSWORD.

Q: I FORGOT MY PASSWORD AND I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE EMAIL ACCOUNT I REGISTERED WITH ANYMORE, SO I CAN’T RESET IT MYSELF.

Q: I'VE JUST REGISTERED WITH SOOMPI, BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO LOG IN.

Q: WHY DO I HAVE TWO NEW ACCOUNTS, MY USERNAME AND USERNAME_1?

A: Email support@soompi.com.

Q: HOW MANY DAYS DO I HAVE TO VALIDATE AN EMAIL CHANGE OR COMPLETE MY REGISTRATION?

A: You have ten days to complete validation. Accounts that are not validated within this period are automatically pruned/deleted. You will know whether you're validated or not by looking at your group membership.

TECHNICAL PROBLEMS

Q: WHENEVER I TRY TO ACCESS SOOMPI, I GET A MESSAGE SAYING "UNABLE TO COMPLETE REQUEST."

A: Try clearing your cookies and cache. This should resolve many of these types of problems, but not all of them. If you've cleared your cookies and cache and you still can't log in, email support@soompi.com to report your problem. Make sure to include your proper email address, username, and a brief description of the problem.

Q: HOW COME WHEN I POST ONE AFTER THE OTHER, THEY GET COMBINED?

A: This is to prevent what is commonly known as "double posting". There should be no need to post one reply after the other. Simply edit your first post, or wait ten minutes after the initial post.

Q: HOW COME WHEN I SUBSCRIBE TO A TOPIC OR FORUM, IT DOESN'T EMAIL ME WITH ALERTS ABOUT NEW TOPICS/POSTS?

A: We're sorry for the inconvenience. This is a bug we're working on fixing. Thanks for your patience.

Q: WHY I CAN'T EDIT MY SIGNATURE? Q: HOW COME I CAN'T CHANGE MY PROFILE PIC/AVATAR?

A: We're sorry for the inconvenience. This is a bug we're working on fixing. If you really want to change your profile pic, try saving your file as a different extension (e.g., GIF, JPG) and uploading it then. Some members have better luck doing this. Thanks for your patience. Also, make sure that your image has a minimum size of 200x200 pixels. Smaller images will not upload.

Q: WHY CAN'T I CREATE A NEW TOPIC?

A: This is an anti-spam measure. Please reply five times in existing forum threads and you will be able to create a new topic.

Q: HOW COME I CAN'T CHANGE MY SIGNATURE?

A: We are working on resolving this issue. We appreciate your patience.

Q: WHY DO THE FORUMS LOOK SO WEIRD? DID THE FORMAT CHANGE? REPLIES ARE SHOWN AS A LIST OF SINGLE LINES AND/OR THE ORIGINAL POST IS ON TOP OF EVERY PAGE.

A: In the top right corner of the topic (first post on top), click the "Options" button. A drop-down menu will appear. Make sure it says "Standard". If not, click on "Switch to standard". If the site keeps resetting even after changing the options, please clear your cookies and cache as indicated above, then log in again.

Q: ALL I SEE IS TEXT ON A WHITE BACKGROUND AND NO IMAGES.

A: Delete all your temporary internet files in your browser. The reason this happens is because you are not loading the stylesheet properly. This can also happen occasionally when the server is heavily loaded with users. Wait a few minutes and try again.

GENERAL FORUM QUESTIONS

Q: HOW CAN I CLOSE/DELETE MY TOPIC/POST?

A: Only moderators can close/delete topics/posts, so please PM the moderator of the forum in which your topic/post was posted. We DO NOT delete topics and posts on a mass scale, so please do not request this. If you have a particularly good reason for a small number of topics/posts to be deleted, then you can PM the moderator of that forum.

Q: HOW DO I SEARCH?

A: Use the Google search bar at the right side of the menu bar at the top of the site. Click the Google icon to display a drop-down menu. Select "Google", "Members", or "Tags" to customize your search.

Q: I JUST REGISTERED, WHY CAN'T I POST A NEW TOPIC OR SEND A PM?

A: New users are automatically placed in the "New Member" group upon registration. Members of this group cannot create new topics or send PMs. This is to deter spammers. You will automatically be promoted to the "Members" group which can post new topics when you have made three posts (replies in other topics).

Q: WHEN WILL YOU BRING BACK PM NOTIFICATION AND TRACKING? WHY CAN’T I SEE HOW MANY MESSAGES I HAVE ON THE FORUM INDEX?

A: Fixing up the PM system is at the top of our priority list. Thanks for your patience.

Q: HOW DO I CHANGE MY USERNAME?

A: PM (private message) awdark for name change requests only if you met ALL of the following requirements. DON'T CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT! The requirements are: • You must have been a member for at least six months. • You may have ONE name change every six months. • You must have at least 1000 posts. • Members who have amassed a 60% warning or more are no longer eligible for name changes. • Please do not include unrecognized characters such as ☆ or ♥, or foreign characters in your chosen name. • Please provide three username choices in your PM. Soompi has a lot of members, so many of the names are already taken. Please be patient. Most name changes are processed within a matter of hours, but occasionally they will take up to two weeks.

Q: HOW DO I GET MY ACCOUNT DELETED? A: We don't delete accounts. If you do not wish to use your account, simply stop using it. We periodically prune accounts which have not accessed Soompi for awhile and it will get deleted at that time.

• 6 years later...
Guest ape123

Hello how do I create a topic? I've posted 10 times on a thread and I still can't make a thread... I'm really desperate because i want to buy wallets